Bedliner?

Wilk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota
A really good an cheap(ish) option is going to a farm centre and getting "cow mat." That's what they're called around here, not sure about everywhere else. Just a thick rubber mat you can cut to size. They're tough, nothing slides on them and you just get a chunk the size you're looking for and trim it down to fit. You don't even have to tape or glue it, it just sits on the floor and you pull it up if you want it out.
Sponsored

DropW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Kia Sephia , 2007 Vulcan 900
A really good an cheap(ish) option is going to a farm centre and getting "cow mat." That's what they're called around here, not sure about everywhere else. Just a thick rubber mat you can cut to size. They're tough, nothing slides on them and you just get a chunk the size you're looking for and trim it down to fit. You don't even have to tape or glue it, it just sits on the floor and you pull it up if you want it out.
Sounds the same as horse stall mats at Tractor Supply Co. I use them for my home gym flooring . 3/4 inch rubber 4x6 feet , 45 dollars . They do weigh about a 100 pounds though hehe, but made to take the beating of a horse standing on them .

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
So it's not sprayed on the bed rails, and instead has plastic covering those areas?
It looked that way to me. I did not pry up the plastic covering but No signs of bed liner was showing under the covers.

Either way I will most likely be getting it sprayed in from the factory. Its not a deal breaker for me.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
How much would you think it would cost to get it done at factory?

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
How much would you think it would cost to get it done at factory?
For $845 Ram gives you the 4 Cargo Tie Down Hooks, LED Bed Lighting, and Spray in Liner. I'd say the JT is going to be around there.

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
A couple of points...

The aftermarket spray in bed liner will be everybit as good as the factory installed liner if done by a reputable company. The ones around here give a lifetime warranty.

Also, they can tint the liner to color match your truck...the best of both worlds!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
A couple of points...

The aftermarket spray in bed liner will be everybit as good as the factory installed liner if done by a reputable company. The ones around here give a lifetime warranty.

Also, they can tint the liner to color match your truck...the best of both worlds!
I don't think I've ever seen a non black/gray bedliner..... Interesting.

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
here this is painted in tinted bed liner i painted it myself its common over here to paint 4x4s in bedliner to help stop bush pinstipes

20180811_141323.jpg

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
here this is painted in tinted bed liner i painted it myself its common over here to paint 4x4s in bedliner to help stop bush pinstipes

20180811_141323.jpg
Badass!

Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Iā€™d like to be putting a Decked box in it ASAP, so dropping 6-800 on a factory spray-job is probably not the best use of my $$. Iā€™ll just rationalize putting the ā€˜savedā€™ money toward buying the drawers even sooner ;)

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
So I decided today no bedliner. It's great Jeep offers factory, just at 120 degrees full sun I want to reflect heat. If they had white, maybe...

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I will also be wanting to put in a rubber mat. May take some time before someone comes out with one made just for the Gladiator. In the meantime I would just have a cut out piece of carpet put down as temporary protection for the bed bottom. Will put on a hard trifold tonneau cover as well.
BEDRUG baby . . . only way to go . . . should be available shortly after these things hit dealers & BEDRUG gets their hands on one to lazer-cut a mold for it . Check it out, buy all 3 versions - coming to a showroom near you in Fall of 2019 !

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
So I decided today no bedliner. It's great Jeep offers factory, just at 120 degrees full sun I want to reflect heat. If they had white, maybe...
So it's safe to say your Base JT with NO options will be WHITE ? To reflect heat; anything else shy of say Gobi, will be observing massive amounts of heat ! A white Tonneau or CAP could solve the issue too, or the BEDRUG - a good insulator in WINTER and pretty good at reducing heat ! Not sure what will negate the BLISTERING Inhospitable Suffocating HEAT of AZ. - other than go high into the North Mountains and find a lake to soak in then hit the woods for shade ! Prescott, Flagstaff . . . White Mountains !
Sponsored