First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Holy cow! That's amazing. You don't get 7% under msrp then, that wouldn't be fair.

I'm moving to Canada.
Lol. Canada is better, we eat beavertails, pour maple syrup on snow, and have better beer and Jeeps cost less lol.

I want 7% below invoice. My max was 60k out the door on the Rubicon, need to keep it there.

I worked out a loaded JLUR on the US site and it cameto $63,000 USD Which was about $83,000 CDN which is insane money. The same specd JLUR on the Canadian site was only $66,000 CDN which is $49,000 USD. It’s insane. I don’t know how you guys afford a loaded Rubicon at those prices.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Lol. Canada is better, we eat beavertails, pour maple syrup on snow, and have better beer and Jeeps cost less lol.

I want 7% below invoice. My max was 60k out the door on the Rubicon, need to keep it there.

I worked out a loaded JLUR on the US site and it cameto $63,000 USD Which was about $83,000 CDN which is insane money. The same specd JLUR on the Canadian site was only $66,000 CDN which is $49,000 USD. It’s insane. I don’t know how you guys afford a loaded Rubicon at those prices.
can you still get Wildcat Strong Beer in you neck of Canada?

Yeah that pricing difference is nuts. How much does the average canadian household earn?, (uh, oh, got into this with somebody from australia, lol, he hasn't posted since)

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

You gotta watch Dirty Money season 1 episode 5, The Maple Syrup Heist. Its interesting and hilarious. I wonder what a Canadian would think.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ

So I spent a several days in Revelstoke. I understand its a tourist town and resorts are always over priced but even in town, local grocery stores, gas stations, liquor stores I thought food was super expensive. Especially the things I was buying, Cliff bars, sports drinks, and beer mostly. Was this just the my circumstances or would you say food prices are higher in Canada?

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
can you still get Wildcat Strong Beer in you neck of Canada?

Yeah that pricing difference is nuts. How much does the average canadian household earn?, (uh, oh, got into this with somebody from australia, lol, he hasn't posted since)

It’s hard to say what the average household earns as there are many factors, jobs in higher populated areas seem to have predominantly wealthier people. I live in an area just North of Toronto housing prices on average are about a million dollars for a detached house, a normal household income around here is probably between 120-200k.

But that being said there are many households making less than 80k a year. This is based on two incomes.

Different parts of the country are huge difference, I live in one of the most expensive areas in Canada so it’s all figurative.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So I spent a several days in Revelstoke. I understand its a tourist town and resorts are always over priced but even in town, local grocery stores, gas stations, liquor stores I thought food was super expensive. Especially the things I was buying, Cliff bars, sports drinks, and beer mostly. Was this just the my circumstances or would you say food prices are higher in Canada?

Yeah everything is a lot more expensive here compared to the states. I’be been to buffalo to shop as things are much cheaper there and lots of people used to do that, not as much now due to the exchange rate.

Tourist towns are generally more expensive for that stuff, but things like gas, alcohol, food, are a lot more expensive here.

But a big difference I noticed is that for you guys fast food is very cheap and you guys have huge quantities but groceries seemed pricy.

Fast food here isn’t as cheap and it’s small portions. Groceries seem to be more reasonably priced and as a result I think people tend to buy groceries more regularly than fast food. But that’s just my assumption.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
You gotta watch Dirty Money season 1 episode 5, The Maple Syrup Heist. Its interesting and hilarious. I wonder what a Canadian would think.
Lol I don’t know what dirty money is. Not sure if we get it here. Tv programming tends to be delayed outside of the US.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s hard to say what the average household earns as there are many factors, jobs in higher populated areas seem to have predominantly wealthier people. I live in an area just North of Toronto housing prices on average are about a million dollars for a detached house, a normal household income around here is probably between 120-200k.

But that being said there are many households making less than 80k a year. This is based on two incomes.

Different parts of the country are huge difference, I live in one of the most expensive areas in Canada so it’s all figurative.
You avoided the most important topic, Wildcat Strong beer, lol. Do you still have that in Toronto?

Amexis

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Harmonized sales tax increases the price though too.
Buying out of province doesn’t work as an option either because they get you once you register your Jeep.
If you look at State tax, and the fact that you can get 7% below invoice …

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Lol I don’t know what dirty money is. Not sure if we get it here. Tv programming tends to be delayed outside of the US.
I think I saw it on Netflix. It showed the Maple Syrup mafia strong-arming the little guy. Then the little guy jacked the mafia's syrup and replaced it with water!! I prefer Aunt Jemima syrup in all of its processed goodness!

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Harmonized sales tax increases the price though too.
Buying out of province doesn’t work as an option either because they get you once you register your Jeep.
If you look at State tax, and the fact that you can get 7% below invoice …

Yeah HST really hits us bad here. I had a buddy that moved out to Alberta for 6 months bought his JLUR there and moved back here because of how much he saved.

Firecatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ Rubicon
Ya most places in BC are expensive compared to pretty much the rest of Canada (except parts of Ontario & Quebec) but Revy is probably one of the worst in the winter as it's the "go-to" snowmobiling town in BC. Fuel prices are usually .40-.60c/L more in the stretch from Golden to Sicamous then they are back in Alberta. If we go up that way we pack everything.

Limamikemike

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Powerwagon
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic