Sponsored

Canadian Dealerships below invoice?

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Has anyone got anywhere with local dealers? I am think Peel might be the place to call. They move a ton of trucks.
Sponsored

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
I've had contact with Grimsby Chrysler. They seem to be the most honest I've talked to, and most likely where I'll end up buying from. also had good communication with bustard in listowell. They also have a dealership in Waterloo I believe.

Bay King in Hamilton told my buddy 60G for fully loaded Rubicon, but past experience with them has me doubting that very much.

Amexis

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Say what?
I think your info is a little skewed, go to build and price on Jeep.com, then build the same on Jeep.ca.
A 2019 Wrangler 2 door Sport S in Canada is around $45,000CDN. Add the 25-30% difference in exchange rate and that is around $60,000.
Yup

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Hey We The North Friends, possible for one you guys to offer up an oot or some other Canada words? Those of us on the other border get such a kick when we hear words like water, or cool weather, or clouds, especially in Canadian! Our Jeep friends around the world may appreciate it so!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
US citizens can get the HST back though. I used to stop all the time and get it refunded or a portion of it refunded. Is there an import tax we have to pay if we by north of the border and road trip home? Then there is that damn KPH thing we would ha e to convert to mph and I bet pushing that button would be as annoying as pushing the damn ESS button! Is plywood cheaper in Canada?
reminds me of that seinfeld episode where they plan to collect cans in one state and get the deposit in another, lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Yeah they have the ads that say they are the best lol. Check out the dealership at Yonge and Elgin Mills. They have a massive inventory of Wranglers. They were the first I saw with a JL Rubicon.

Also Ontario Chrysler is a member of OF4WD, if you are a member I think they have preferred pricing.

Has anyone got anywhere with local dealers? I am think Peel might be the place to call. They move a ton of trucks.

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
reminds me of that seinfeld episode where they plan to collect cans in one state and get the deposit in another, lol.
I read a news article that said doing that is illegal.

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Yeah they have the ads that say they are the best lol. Check out the dealership at Yonge and Elgin Mills. They have a massive inventory of Wranglers. They were the first I saw with a JL Rubicon.

Also Ontario Chrysler is a member of OF4WD, if you are a member I think they have preferred pricing.
When I was Ram shopping, they had the best pricing going...Ended up in an F150 though.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I am kinda shocked at this. Not often is the exact product cheaper in Canada once the exchange rate is considered. I built a 2 door Sport S JL online at Jeep.com it was $42000.
With current exchange rates that is $56000 CDN. Built the same one at Jeep.ca and it was
$49000 CDN.
So for $ 7000 difference why wouldn't most Americans just come north for the same vehicle?
Hope for the same with the JT.:like:

Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I am kinda shocked at this. Not often is the exact product cheaper in Canada once the exchange rate is considered. I built a 2 door Sport S JL online at Jeep.com it was $42000.
With current exchange rates that is $56000 CDN. Built the same one at Jeep.ca and it was
$49000 CDN.
So for $ 7000 difference why wouldn't most Americans just come north for the same vehicle?
Hope for the same with the JT.:like:
That’s American regulations for you. I would bet that 7k is not cost of the truck but rather taxes and fees that are put in place here in the states. Typical government overreach.

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Not sure about Americans buying in Canada, but I remember when dollar was at par, and US vehicles were cheaper than here, every dealer I called, for both a Jeep, and my wife's car, a Scion at the time, no dealer would sell brand new for immediate export. Had to sell to an American and register the vehicle there, then sell it "used" to us. They claimed it was warranty issues, but one dealer told me flat out, it's the manufacturer that doesn't like it. They impose a penalty on the dealer for doing it. That dealer told me he'd be happy to do it, but I'd have to pay the penalty, which basically put it over the cost of a Canadian, so we didn't do it .

Discovered that whole thing because the first Scion she saw was listed as used, but was a dealer demo, so they wouldn't sell it to me directly.

That's your cliff clavin fun fact for the day.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I remember when that happened. Lots of Canadians flocked to the US to buy cars, and Car Manufactures cancelled their warranties because they bought the car from the states. People were typically saving 10-15k on a car, almost any car.

Not sure about Americans buying in Canada, but I remember when dollar was at par, and US vehicles were cheaper than here, every dealer I called, for both a Jeep, and my wife's car, a Scion at the time, no dealer would sell brand new for immediate export. Had to sell to an American and register the vehicle there, then sell it "used" to us. They claimed it was warranty issues, but one dealer told me flat out, it's the manufacturer that doesn't like it. They impose a penalty on the dealer for doing it. That dealer told me he'd be happy to do it, but I'd have to pay the penalty, which basically put it over the cost of a Canadian, so we didn't do it .

Discovered that whole thing because the first Scion she saw was listed as used, but was a dealer demo, so they wouldn't sell it to me directly.

That's your cliff clavin fun fact for the day.
Sponsored