Sponsored

Canadian Dealerships below invoice?

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
$48,495 CDN or $36,279 USD for a stock JLUR

Once you fully load them with options you’ll see the huge difference. It’s mainly due to conversion rates as to why the price is so different.

Test out the jeep.ca website and the jeep.com website. Fully load them up with all the same options and then convert the prices. A fully loaded JLUR is almost 20,000 Canadian cheaper.
That why most dealerships here buy back wranglers at top dollar and then resell them to the states.
Wow, pretty crazy. I don't know that I ever looked at that kind of difference.

Build out how I'm likely to order, converted to USD...

$57,770 MSRP including tax in US (PA at 6%)
$51,098 MSRP including tax in Canada (chose Ontario as location, 13%)

That's nuts. I always figured it was more or less the same, adjusted for currency.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I think I saw it on Netflix. It showed the Maple Syrup mafia strong-arming the little guy. Then the little guy jacked the mafia's syrup and replaced it with water!! I prefer Aunt Jemima syrup in all of its processed goodness!
YES! That's hilarious. $20 Million Maple Syrup Heist. lol only in Canada.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Lol tbh I’ve never even heard of it loll
That's cuz its garbage.
Hahaha
Amazing how far we’ll go to save a buck!!
more like up to $20,000 bucks, lol
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/478/25087/

It’s still available here apparently, I’ve never seen it in stores west of Ontario.

Probably for good reason, judging by it’s awful rating. But what do I know I drink PBR when I’m stateside.
PBR is way better than Wildcat.

Reason I ask is because when i went to the F1 race in Montreal in 2009 my buddies and I bought 3L jugs of water, dumped out the water and filled them with Wildcat. Put the bottles in the trunk of the rental (big mistake, smelly). We met some Canadians, got drunk and had a blast. We were young, and the whole weekend was, "WILDCAT! RAHHRRRR! (noise like a jungle cat)". I found a facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/57158653736/

If any of you guys can snap a photo of it on the shelf at The Beer Store, or the grocery store and send it to me, that would be PLYWOOD cool!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

It’s still available here apparently, I’ve never seen it in stores west of Ontario.

Probably for good reason, judging by it’s awful rating. But what do I know I drink PBR when I’m stateside.
Edmonton eh? That's quite a haul from Wisconsin for a shitty beer, lol.

I guess Labatt only distributes it to some of the provinces in Canada? Its hit or miss from what the facebook group says.

Limamikemike

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Powerwagon
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Edmonton eh? That's quite a haul from Wisconsin for a shitty beer, lol.

I guess Labatt only distributes it to some of the provinces in Canada? Its hit or miss from what the facebook group says.[/QUOTE

I’m originally from Ontario(Thunder Bay), it’s where a good portion of North America’s plywood comes from lol.

I checked out Jeep.com and built a few JL’s then did the currency conversion, I’m surprised at the price difference. Jeep will have to watch their pricing up here, if the JTR is over 60k cdn it will take it into Powerwagon territory as well as the 19 Rebel. The best off road deal up here right now is the ST(tradesman) Powerwagon. 2018’s can be had for 45k cdn.

And it will carry all the plywood you want.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I honestly only realized it a year after I bought my JK and the dealership wanted to buy it back and get me into a new JK. And he explained that they can pay top dollar for the jeeps and wholesale too the US because of the exchange rate and the high demand for Wranglers.

I honestly still find Wranglers expensive but the high resale value keeps it as a smart automotive investment (if that’s possible)

Plus they are fun vehicles. I can’t wait to buy my Gladiator

Wow, pretty crazy. I don't know that I ever looked at that kind of difference.

Build out how I'm likely to order, converted to USD...

$57,770 MSRP including tax in US (PA at 6%)
$51,098 MSRP including tax in Canada (chose Ontario as location, 13%)

That's nuts. I always figured it was more or less the same, adjusted for currency.

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase

A real strong beer, strong colour, strong taste (and strong price!) from my Gaspésie:

upload_2019-3-23_14-37-43.jpeg

View attachment 9971 https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16996/63880/

But to keep on topic with Gladiator, here’s a design concept from a graphic artist who mixed gladiator and beer and try to sell the logo idea...

upload_2019-3-23_14-33-58.jpeg

And don’t drink when rock crawling... the beer is warming and spilling... what a messy sacrilege...

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I honestly only realized it a year after I bought my JK and the dealership wanted to buy it back and get me into a new JK. And he explained that they can pay top dollar for the jeeps and wholesale too the US because of the exchange rate and the high demand for Wranglers.

I honestly still find Wranglers expensive but the high resale value keeps it as a smart automotive investment (if that’s possible)

Plus they are fun vehicles. I can’t wait to buy my Gladiator
I hear you when you say smart if possible. There's a choice in there... most of us can't walk to work and all our other necessities, so we have to own something to get around.

Lot of ways to skin that cat, but buying even an expensive vehicle that doesn't lose a lot of value (relatively speaking) that also provides utility and enjoyment isn't the worst way to go. Easier to swallow if it's something you really enjoy.

Buy something for 50k and sell for 35k or buy something for 35k and sell for 20k... you spent 15k either way.

I turned a 4 cylinder 5 speed S10 worth 10k into a Silverado LTZ Midnight worth 45k that way... just took 25 years. Payments never really changed, just kept using the higher resale values to progressively get a higher tier vehicle. It's kind of like a self financed leasing program. Payments were always in the $300 or so range, but you have to factor the equity value of the vehicle you're giving away too. I figure my annual truck budget is about $5,000 between payments and equity. Pretty doable, but I had to be patient so I could cash flow it. People get into trouble when they have $800 payments unless they have the ability to absorb it. I didn't. I saved my pennies in the meantime and this will be the first vehicle I can pay cash for. Same cost of ownership, but I'll save a little on interest!

Long way of saying... can't wait to get mine either!

Sponsored

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
But a Jeep is a unique type of investment: the more it’s scratched and dented, the more it has a sentimental value!!!
Jeep for sale, never taken off road! lol

new-wrangler-jeep-wrecked-trucks-for-sale.jpg

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
Harmonized sales tax increases the price though too.
Buying out of province doesn’t work as an option either because they get you once you register your Jeep.
If you look at State tax, and the fact that you can get 7% below invoice …
US citizens can get the HST back though. I used to stop all the time and get it refunded or a portion of it refunded. Is there an import tax we have to pay if we by north of the border and road trip home? Then there is that damn KPH thing we would ha e to convert to mph and I bet pushing that button would be as annoying as pushing the damn ESS button! Is plywood cheaper in Canada?

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase

jeeprscreeprs

First Name
brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 cherokee
Do they even have pavement in the Yukon?
sometimes lol, the main highway is paved and most of Whitehorse (our capital city) but other then that no. we also use sand on our roads instead of salt so in spring and fall even on the pavement, its nothing but a fine spray of mud!
Sponsored