jeep-wayout-concept-1-14.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-1-4.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-1-7.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-1-9.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-1-10.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-1-11.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-1-12.jpg

Jeep Wayout

The Jeep Wayout concept is a true overlanding vehicle that takes advantage of the all-new Gladiator's class-leading payload to allow adventure-seekers to go far off the beaten path. The Jeep Wayout is a functional concept that showcases a full roof-top tent and custom, large sprawling canopy.

Wayout's body-armored exterior features a new Gator Green color that will be available on production Gladiator models. A custom bed rack with an integrated ladder carries the roof-top tent that sleeps two comfortably, while the 270-degree awning with amber LED task lighting helps travelers set up camp when the day is done.

For added convenience, two custom-fit auxiliary fuel tanks are integrated into the bedsides. Also, an ARB on-board air system with a body-mounted quick-disconnect air supply line allows adventurers to travel further off the grid.

For additional capability, a Jeep Performance Parts two-inch lift kit increases ground clearance on top of 17-inch steel wheels that are hugged by 37-inch mud-terrain tires, providing a distinct retro feeling harking back to the original Willys pickups that paved the way for modern Jeep trucks. Furthermore, a 12,000-lb. Warn winch and Jeep Performance Parts snorkel help overcome multiple obstacles – both wet and dry.

Jeep Wayout has a custom integrated roof-rack system for packing gear up top, and the truck bed houses a Mopar/Decked bed-drawer system for added lockable dry storage on long treks. Inside, bed-lined floors, plus trimmed brown leather seats with laser-etched inserts of topographical maps, have been added.

The Jeep Wayout is powered by the award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine and mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jeeprscreeprs

First Name
brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 cherokee
Are you sure that's gator? it looks closer to gobi or some other tan instead of a green

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Are you sure that's gator? it looks closer to gobi or some other tan instead of a green
Yes. It's confirmed in the press release:

Wayout's body-armored exterior features a new Gator Green color that will be available on production Gladiator models.

Last edited:

jeeprscreeprs

First Name
brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 cherokee
Yes. It's confirmed in the press release:

Wayout's body-armored exterior features a new Gator Green color that will be available on production Gladiator models.
That's a huge disappointment, I thought we saw some factory pics that were a darker green that were claimed to be gator. This seems to be a dozen shades lighter even from the gator color sample on the jeep.com build site. Just going back to look at the color renders on the jeep site, the wayout concept color is much closer to the gobi color render then it is to the gator color render. I might just be in denial but I firmly believe this is gobi and not gator

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

cgoodwin0990

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Jeep YJ
Occupation
Adventure Education Programs Director
I'll take it. Color is a little light for me but the interior is amazing. Much better than the red they've been putting in.
I wonder if someone will make a bed rack that still allows you to pull the hard top off. I'd love to get a rack for above the bed for a tent and storage, I'm just worried I'll lose access to top removal.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Absolutely love it. It’s basically how I wanted to build my Gladiator. Tan top and all. Loving the stone guards on the headlights too
Overlanding won't be the same with the Gladiator taking over. Move over Toyota! So awesome!
I've been kicking around the idea of the scrambler throwback, but I was just imagining in my head sitting in my deer stand in Michigan November 15th,opening day. I envision dragging a buck to my gator with tan top, not the white scrambler.
I'm sold, take my benjamins! :piggybank:

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
This color litteraly does look just like ecoat

Sponsored

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
I need to see it out in the sun, it looks dangerously close to my commando green JK I'm moving on for one of these and I absolutely love that color.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I also gotta agree, clearly looks Gobi to me, no way this could be Gator.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Unless the lighting is funny, that looks way to dark to be Gobi. Gobi is a light tan. Almost looks like you put too much cream in your coffee.

This looks more like commando green. Which in person is a cool color.
Sponsored