Jeep Gladiator Wayout Concept in Gator Color

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Remember Gator, Gobi and Sting Gray are seriously affected by lighting. They look so different depending on the light - I mean yea that sounds obvious all colors change depending on lighting, but I think those 3 in particular are most noticeably different.

I do like this concept. Love the rotopax on the bed itself.
Sponsored

Last edited:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Unless the lighting is funny, that looks way to dark to be Gobi. Gobi is a light tan. Almost looks like you put too much cream in your coffee.

This looks more like commando green. Which in person is a cool color.
I agree. Gobi would be closer to the pop up tent or the tan top.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I'll take it. Color is a little light for me but the interior is amazing. Much better than the red they've been putting in.
X2 they even got the 'Saddle' leather right. (although the topo squiggly lines are neat, they make me a little dizzy)

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
X2 they even got the 'Saddle' leather right. (although the topo squiggly lines are neat, they make me a little dizzy)
i have a feeling the leather interior on the wayout concept is darker than what "saddle" is on the gladiators in Sacramento.

Gobi at a show,
gobi-jeep-gladiator-jt-pickup-truck-la-auto-show-45-jpg.jpg

Gator at a show,

jeep-wayout-103-1554661676.jpg

Gobi is more sandy. Gator definately has more green pigment. It'll really be cool to see both side by side.

Also the Gator color announcement came from Car and Driver, CNET and Detroit News. I doubt they all got it wrong.

Sponsored

NoBigDeal

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
This is pretty much the build I want to do. Love the color, and if Jeep sold this package I'd pick it up. Those seats, minus the topo stuff, is what saddle brown should have looked like. I would change the top to black or ptm, and probably put a cap instead of a rack on the bed to cover a fridge, generator, and auxiliary fuel tank, and that would be my exact build. Even though Jeep hasn't said anything, all of these concepts have 37" tires, they also have large tires in the spare well. I wonder if it is possible to cram 37" in that spot too?

Sponsored

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
Jeep Wayout Concept

jeep-wayout-concept-gladiator-3.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-gladiator-9.jpg
I really like the tan top and matching dashboard. The auxiliary fuel tanks are a nice touch as well.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)