First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Jeep YJ
Occupation
Adventure Education Programs Director
here's a new pic i haven't sen yet,and by haven't seen i mean the color is a bit different.
bcec3936-9d5f-432a-91e0-cf31f75c25af-IMG_0232.jpg
With that color the green looks a little too yellow-pukey for me.
I have a motorcycle with a dark blue paint job. The color shifts on the spectrum depending on light, distance, etc. I'm curious to see this in direct sunlight in person before I fully commit

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel

USAFRecon

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 C10, 14 Cooper S, Soon: Gladiator
Occupation
IT Guy

Phantom

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 TJ, 97 Ram Cummins, 13 Rally Fighter
Occupation
Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Id like to imagine the final color would be darker. It doesn't make sense to name the color Gator and then have it be Olive. I would assume it would be darker green like alligator skin. The lightness of that color doesn't look anything like what I would call alligator green. That's it though, all of the pictures that jeep has released makes it very clear that it is more olives than dark green. So I have to believe Jeep isn't misrepresenting the color even in pictures taken outside of a studio.

I will wait till hold judgment until I see more pictures or production pictures of the color Gator but I am fairly disappointed as I wanted a darker green. Everybody on here seems to want different shades so it probably makes as many people happy as upset but that's my two cents

Sponsored

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link

lbau317

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
I actually have the information for that with the exact specs and some other nice tidbits. I spoke to head of Jeep Design this morning and the head of the Gladiator design. I’ll make a post about it but got some good information.
Great, thanks!

WNCJEEP

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite Crystal Launch Edition Rubicon Gladiator; 2014 JKU Rubicon; 1981 CJ7 Laredo
Anyone else a little disappointed at the thought of JEEP actually producing this? Takes the fun away from doing it yourself and having something you can't just buy "off the rack." I'd guess 90 percent of this could be done aftermarket, really excluding built in gas cans. I thought the options for a wrangler were almost limitless, but what we will be able to do aftermarket with a Gladiator will be mind blowing.

Skyler7381

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite LE
Anyone else a little disappointed at the thought of JEEP actually producing this? Takes the fun away from doing it yourself and having something you can't just buy "off the rack." I'd guess 90 percent of this could be done aftermarket, really excluding built in gas cans. I thought the options for a wrangler were almost limitless, but what we will be able to do aftermarket with a Gladiator will be mind blowing.
These are just one off vehicles. You cannot buy these from Jeep.

Sponsored

Blisskiss

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
That's a huge disappointment, I thought we saw some factory pics that were a darker green that were claimed to be gator. This seems to be a dozen shades lighter even from the gator color sample on the jeep.com build site. Just going back to look at the color renders on the jeep site, the wayout concept color is much closer to the gobi color render then it is to the gator color render. I might just be in denial but I firmly believe this is gobi and not gator
If anything I bet they changed the shading of gator. The Gobi will be the likely be the same color as the Gobi released in 2017

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
With that color the green looks a little too yellow-pukey for me.
I have a motorcycle with a dark blue paint job. The color shifts on the spectrum depending on light, distance, etc. I'm curious to see this in direct sunlight in person before I fully commit
That is a particularly bright green, I'm guessing funky lighting or odd camera settings.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I have to say, I love that a simple 2" lift will accommodate the 37" tires. Just about everything else on the market needs a 3" lift just to get to 35" tires.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I noticed that in the still pictures. The roof luggage rack meant no removable roof panels. No clue why they did that.

I’m glad it is a one piece top. I wish the JL had a one piece top option. Once I get the rack on, the top will never come off.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I’m glad it is a one piece top. I wish the JL had a one piece top option. Once I get the rack on, the top will never come off.
Agreed, in these concepts its no longer a traditional Jeep, so some functionality makes more sense like creating a more permanent hardtop.
Sponsored