Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator Wayout Concept in Gator Color

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
upload_2019-4-8_16-25-47.png

At 6:53 of this new TFL video, you can see it has onboard air ports in the cowl area.

Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I love this concept!!!

I love the bed rack... and the lighting. Mopar or AEV, make this! But make it work with a tonneau cover... I need a big dry “trunk” too on rainy days for daily use.

I like the black band across the back end, between the rear lights.

And I finally get to see what the Mopar 2” lift with 37” tires looks like! I thought 37” tires would look small, but I think 37” is fine. I may just want a bit more than a 2” lift.

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Crap...just when I had convinced myself I wasn't going to wait for a late-availability color, they release the Wayout in Gator. I LOVE that color. I'm looking forward to seeing the convoy of concepts roll into town in a few days. I'll try to take some photos. Some of the photos in this thread make Gator look way too green. You know that is the case when even the tires have a green tint in the photo.

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Super cool idea for those that want to deflate larger tires under the bed and then just inflate them when ya get a flat. Many cars and trucks should have this available.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Jeep Wayout Concept

jeep-wayout-concept-1.jpg

jeep-wayout-concept-1-2.jpg

jeep-wayout-concept-1-3.jpg

jeep-wayout-concept-gladiator-1.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-gladiator-2.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-gladiator-3.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-gladiator-4.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-gladiator-5.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-gladiator-6.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-gladiator-7.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-gladiator-8.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-gladiator-9.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-gladiator-10.jpg

jeep-wayout-concept-1-8.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-1-5.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-1-13.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-1-14.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-1-4.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-1-7.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-1-9.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-1-10.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-1-11.jpg
jeep-wayout-concept-1-12.jpg

Jeep Wayout

The Jeep Wayout concept is a true overlanding vehicle that takes advantage of the all-new Gladiator's class-leading payload to allow adventure-seekers to go far off the beaten path. The Jeep Wayout is a functional concept that showcases a full roof-top tent and custom, large sprawling canopy.

Wayout's body-armored exterior features a new Gator Green color that will be available on production Gladiator models. A custom bed rack with an integrated ladder carries the roof-top tent that sleeps two comfortably, while the 270-degree awning with amber LED task lighting helps travelers set up camp when the day is done.

For added convenience, two custom-fit auxiliary fuel tanks are integrated into the bedsides. Also, an ARB on-board air system with a body-mounted quick-disconnect air supply line allows adventurers to travel further off the grid.

For additional capability, a Jeep Performance Parts two-inch lift kit increases ground clearance on top of 17-inch steel wheels that are hugged by 37-inch mud-terrain tires, providing a distinct retro feeling harking back to the original Willys pickups that paved the way for modern Jeep trucks. Furthermore, a 12,000-lb. Warn winch and Jeep Performance Parts snorkel help overcome multiple obstacles – both wet and dry.

Jeep Wayout has a custom integrated roof-rack system for packing gear up top, and the truck bed houses a Mopar/Decked bed-drawer system for added lockable dry storage on long treks. Inside, bed-lined floors, plus trimmed brown leather seats with laser-etched inserts of topographical maps, have been added.

The Jeep Wayout is powered by the award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine and mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Who makes the awning?

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Who makes the awning?
There is a post on page 12 of the Tops/canopy/etc thread where a guy claims he knows who makes that awning-

Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I love this concept!!!

I love the bed rack. Mopar or AEV, make this! But make it work with a

And I finally get to see what the Mopar 2” lift with 37” tires looks like! I thought 37” tires would look small, but I think 37” is fine. I may just want a bit more than a 2” lift.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
To make the bed rack work with a soft top better I would make the rack go higher than the roof line, so long objects (like kayaks) don’t rest on the soft top when placed on the rack.

I love this concept!!!

I love the bed rack. Mopar or AEV, make this! But make it work with a

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
The red doesn't go as badly with Gator as it looked in the builder. Might have to see one with red dash before I decide to do factory brown leather seats. My brother does auto upholstery so can just have him do leather install whenever I decide to upgrade later on.

They need to change the color on the builder for gator though cause this doesn't look like it at all.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Super cool idea for those that want to deflate larger tires under the bed and then just inflate them when ya get a flat. Many cars and trucks should have this available.
I think this is more for airing down / up when off-roading. Would be used to refill the spare too, but most off-roaders I know air up and down a LOT.
Sponsored