Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator vs Ford Ranger on Off-Road Course (TFL)

Sponsored

Bt_okst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trd pro
Was like watching a Ford ad. They didnt want to say anything good about the jeep unless they had to.

Comparing a jeep truck to a truck really made to be a highway driver is insane. They fill two totally different owner preferences.

You buy a gladiator because you like jeeps or want a jeep but need a pickup bed on occasion. You buy a ranger type truck to tow all the time or to run up and down the hwy.

Bt_okst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trd pro
I love how he tried to make the back legroom look the same when jeep has a 4" advantage.

Sponsored

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
They should've compared a Sport S to the Ranger ... similar price & just a rear locking (anti-spin) differential on both ... a better comparison all around. I think the main reason Roman gave the "win" to the Ranger was the price tag on the optioned Rubi. The $60k price tag on an optioned Rubi really bugs Roman. He mentions it in every video.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Ford is doing a ton of YouTube ads with TFL so I see them as trying to be fair. The reality is Rangers aren’t selling. When folks go to the Ford dealer to sit in the Ranger they end up buying an F-150.

I think the same thing happens when people go to a Jeep dealer to buy a Wrangler JLU. They see a loaded Grand Cherokee for about the same $ and drive off with one of those. That’s probably why GC sales are up and it’s 9 yrs old!

Nick1941

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Ford is doing a ton of YouTube ads with TFL so I see them as trying to be fair. The reality is Rangers aren’t selling. When folks go to the Ford dealer to sit in the Ranger they end up buying an F-150.

I think the same thing happens when people go to a Jeep dealer to buy a Wrangler JLU. They see a loaded Grand Cherokee for about the same $ and drive off with one of those. That’s probably why GC sales are up and it’s 9 yrs old!
I agree, im in this exact situation. Im leaning towards an F150 now. At 60k it should be put up against a Raptor off-road at that point. I dont care that the ranger and gladiator are similar sizes. The reality is people willing to spend 50-60k are looking at loaded f150's or Rams.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, im in this exact situation. Im leaning towards an F150 now. At 60k it should be put up against a Raptor off-road at that point. I dont care that the ranger and gladiator are similar sizes. The reality is people willing to spend 50-60k are looking at loaded f150's or Rams.
Agree, but I bought a fully optioned LE at $54k, meaning folks who do their research will be spending less than MSRP. Also, even though everyone wants a fully loaded vehicle, not everyone can afford one. So that’s any manufacturer’s dilemma.

Ford obviously priced their Ranger too high and didn’t differentiate it enough from the others in the segment. Jeep covered the spread from entry level to high end well. Plus, it’s a Jeep, so there’s already a fierce fan base.

After the initial hype Jeep will most likely sell more Sport+’s than Rubicon’s but that hasn’t happened for the JL yet. It’s still at 80% Rubicon to other models and the JT isn’t showing signs that its launch is any different.
Sponsored