Sponsored

Tops! Canopy / covers / toppers / racks possibilities for Gladiator - Show me!

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
We don't think that, but you are free to :CWL:

If you want to mount these with minimal intrusion to your bed (I.E. Not drilling and cutting) it makes the most sense to use the factory rail system.
It's function over form - I get it. It clearly works just fine and will carry the load it's designed to carry. Your modular design also means the price point is going to affordable and hard for competitors to beat. Both Yakima and Thule racks are also around your price point and don't offer anywhere near the versatility your rack offers. And all of that is perfect for some people's needs.

But yeah, sorry and don't take it personally, I'm just not digging the sawhorse look of it. If it makes you feel better I'm not stoked about the Leitner Designs or RCI racks either.

Since I just dropped $50K on this truck, I'm going to be picky about what goes on it. For me it's function first...but also form too. Jeep spoiled us with the rack they put on the Wayout concept...and I've even looked into replicating it (3 - 4x the cost of your rack BTW).

For now I'm just going to wait and see what else comes to market.

Oh and for the right rack (i.e., welded tubes) I'd be willing to drill holes and bolt it through the bed sides or the bed floor. But then I'd also be fine with a rack doubling as a roll bar too. If you faithfully replicate this LR rack for a Gladiator (but tie it in to the bed rail caps and the windshield hinge points), I'd buy it.

%40coolnvintage-tangerine.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

stylindylan

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited ( JL)
Does that rhyme? Styling Dylan? Lynyrd Skynyrd. Yeah, guess not.
I was named Dylan like (Dialin') and yes I've spent 49 years minus the years I could actually talk correcting the pronunciation. It 's been one of my life long nicknames but there's been drunkdylan, dylanhunnies, dylanfordollars and many others over years.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Sponsored

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
It's function over form - I get it. It clearly works just fine and will carry the load it's designed to carry. Your modular design also means the price point is going to affordable and hard for competitors to beat. Both Yakima and Thule racks are also around your price point and don't offer anywhere near the versatility your rack offers. And all of that is perfect for some people's needs.

But yeah, sorry and don't take it personally, I'm just not digging the sawhorse look of it. If it makes you feel better I'm not stoked about the Leitner Designs or RCI racks either.

Since I just dropped $50K on this truck, I'm going to be picky about what goes on it. For me it's function first...but also form too. Jeep spoiled us with the rack they put on the Wayout concept...and I've even looked into replicating it (3 - 4x the cost of your rack BTW).

For now I'm just going to wait and see what else comes to market.

Oh and for the right rack (i.e., welded tubes) I'd be willing to drill holes and bolt it through the bed sides or the bed floor. But then I'd also be fine with a rack doubling as a roll bar too. If you faithfully replicate this LR rack for a Gladiator (but tie it in to the bed rail caps and the windshield hinge points), I'd buy it.

%40coolnvintage-tangerine.jpg
I agree with every point!

So far, the Fab Fours Overland Rack seems to be the closest match to the Wayout concept so far ...
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...or-gladiator-show-me.8707/page-61#post-308658

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
its nice, can't handle any real load though.
True. It wouldn't be useful for someone who needs to add load at bedrail height. The Diamondback or a Decked system would serve that purpose well. For my uses, I'm fine with loads in the bed or on top of a bed rack.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I was named Dylan like (Dialin') and yes I've spent 49 years minus the years I could actually talk correcting the pronunciation. It 's been one of my life long nicknames but there's been drunkdylan, dylanhunnies, dylanfordollars and many others over years.
A huge thread by any other name is still a huge thread. Who posts ten posts and hits on the biggest thread ever? Nice work! Hey, I solved the problem today following a truck. Check it out....

HotspotImages_179x100_0007s_0001s_0000_Series-Spring-.png

!B5Yb6R!B2k_$(KGrHqYOKjoEyNmzJHI0BMtc!2v0sw___1.jpeg

Sponsored

Mo_azrael

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got these Images for measurements for Fab Fours rack. Thought I share here. I am excited to get it on.

I am attempting to figure out what kind of removable covers I can add to the for security / camping if needed.

driving would be max weight.
250lbs to 300lbs

Stationary weight will be
500lbs.

front of rack hole and opening dimensions.jpg

inside of rack opening dimensions.jpg

rear light openings.jpg

rear rack heighth dimensions.jpg

side of rack dimensions.jpg

tie down mounts.jpg

top front light mount area of rack.jpg

top light mount opening in top of rack.jpg

top rack brace dimensions.jpg

top rack dimensions.jpg
I love the labeling.

LongTimeGone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Considering Jeep Gladiator
Hello!

First post, long time lurker:) We have a large dog, a Caucasian Ovcharka that will be coming along with us on long overloading trips. He goes everywhere with us and currently travels very well in our Tahoe. However, he's too big to comfortably ride in the cab of the Gladiator with our daughter. So, we're weighing all current cab and expedition rack options. We're afraid of a truck canopy getting too hot, even with the siding windows and fan. We're thinking an expedition rack with a built-in cage or kennel may be the better option. Roof top tent and canvas will help with weatherā€¦ We've contacted Nuthouse Industries about welding a cage panel into one of the expedition racks, similar to the Jurassic park concept . It seems to be a good option, but there's a long wait to get on the build schedule. TNC Fabrication makes custom dog kennels. Thinking about a custom build to fit in between a Leitner Designs or similar rack. Here's a pic of a wrangler build they did, like the fan option!

https://www.tncfab.com/Dog-Kennels

Would appreciate any feedback/thoughts.

Thanks!

64273279_2332874216768354_1519863156527071232_n.jpg

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜00 LR Disco II, ā€˜17 Toyota Sienna
Hello!

First post, long time lurker:) We have a large dog, a Caucasian Ovcharka that will be coming along with us on long overloading trips. He goes everywhere with us and currently travels very well in our Tahoe. However, he's too big to comfortably ride in the cab of the Gladiator with our daughter. So, we're weighing all current cab and expedition rack options. We're afraid of a truck canopy getting too hot, even with the siding windows and fan. We're thinking an expedition rack with a built-in cage or kennel may be the better option. Roof top tent and canvas will help with weatherā€¦ We've contacted Nuthouse Industries about welding a cage panel into one of the expedition racks, similar to the Jurassic park concept . It seems to be a good option, but there's a long wait to get on the build schedule. TNC Fabrication makes custom dog kennels. Thinking about a custom build to fit in between a Leitner Designs or similar rack. Here's a pic of a wrangler build they did, like the fan option!

https://www.tncfab.com/Dog-Kennels

Would appreciate any feedback/thoughts.

Thanks!

64273279_2332874216768354_1519863156527071232_n.jpg
That looks like a legit crate.

Iā€™m planning to run a Gunner crate - https://gunner.com/products/g1-intermediate-dog-crate bolted down to the Decked system. Itā€™s going to be a tight fit but should *just* fit next to a tilting fridge slide in between the Leitner rack rails at the back. The door is a good bit narrower than the crate walls so that should help. Iā€™ll probably have the crate close to the cab, but havenā€™t fully nailed down fitting everything in yet. Iā€™ve been using Sketchup and Iā€™m pretty terrible at it so I wonā€™t share that here. Haha

They make a 12V fan that attaches, and Iā€™m also probably going to get one of those noggle ac redirect hose things for when itā€™s super hot or cold, and just run it under the soft top. Hopefully that doesnā€™t make my cab too drafty or hot.

Lastly, my hope is to get a custom canvass soft top made to go over the sides of the Leitner and under my Frontrunner rack on top of the Leitner. This will help insulate the bed from the sun and cold a little bit, while also hiding all my goodies during the day-to-day. It should also relieve a little anxiety from the noise for the dog.

LongTimeGone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Considering Jeep Gladiator
That looks like a legit crate.

Iā€™m planning to run a Gunner crate - https://gunner.com/products/g1-intermediate-dog-crate bolted down to the Decked system. Itā€™s going to be a tight fit but should *just* fit next to a tilting fridge slide in between the Leitner rack rails at the back. The door is a good bit narrower than the crate walls so that should help. Iā€™ll probably have the crate close to the cab, but havenā€™t fully nailed down fitting everything in yet. Iā€™ve been using Sketchup and Iā€™m pretty terrible at it so I wonā€™t share that here. Haha

They make a 12V fan that attaches, and Iā€™m also probably going to get one of those noggle ac redirect hose things for when itā€™s super hot or cold, and just run it under the soft top. Hopefully that doesnā€™t make my cab too drafty or hot.

Lastly, my hope is to get a custom canvass soft top made to go over the sides of the Leitner and under my Frontrunner rack on top of the Leitner. This will help insulate the bed from the sun and cold a little bit, while also hiding all my goodies during the day-to-day. It should also relieve a little anxiety from the noise for the dog.

Those Gunner crates are awesome! I wish they had a larger size, my pup "Skookum" is 36ā€ at his back, so I need a cab height solution. That sounds like a great setup, custom canvas, and ac redirect would be perfect!
Sponsored