Sponsored

Hard Top or Soft Top?

Are you or have you bought/ordered a hard top or a soft top?

• Total voters

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
The top is hanging on the ceiling, but I can later.

But...open the rear window and reach thru with one and lift it that way, thats how I do it.
I definitely didn't think to try that, I was trying to lean over the top and grab the front lip. Not supposed to rain for a few days maybe I will give that a try tonight to see if I have the coordination.
Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
can you show a pic or video of this? I went to attempt that and while the weight is no issue (the top is light) the wingspan needed to reach the "lip" left me feeling like I had too high a probability of damaging the top or possibly the paint on the truck itself and I don't want to roll the dice on a top that costs a few grand. Even if money wasn't a concern if I needed to order a replacement top today there is a good chance it will be days if not weeks before one is received. However if I can see how your doing it maybe your approaching it in a way I just haven't realized.
here you go

Jeep Gladiator Hard Top or Soft Top? {filename}

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Thank you, that actually helps me allot as I still didn't envision it that way until seeing it in action. Now if I can get a day without random rain I will have to give that a shot

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
No problem. Coming down is a tad trickier if your step is small like mine. But otherwise the same.

Sponsored

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Went ahead and made a dismount vid.
Jeep Gladiator Hard Top or Soft Top? {filename}
I might actually have it easier than you if I clear of part of my workbench and build a bracket I won't even need to step down because I back into the workbench within a foot so I can just use the camera and go right up to it

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I actually have an electric lift and a winch...those vids are just so people can see it can be done pretty easily. Otherwise I'd DEFINITELY build a better and more stable step, lol

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I actually have an electric lift and a winch...those vids are just so people can see it can be done pretty easily. Otherwise I'd DEFINITELY build a better and more stable step, lol
HA! I'm just cheap, but also where a lift would put my roof with the JT is right behind the garage door opener. My JK was a two door so the roof was much further back toward the workbench. Spartacus gets pampered in the garage when I am home so need to be able to pull in more than ever when the top is off.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I actually made my lift and door hangers for less than a 100 bucks. I don't buy those aftermarket ones.

Bipolarbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE on order
Wish the hard top could be designed in 2 pieces with the glass and wrap around portion separate from the top. I love the look and function of the soft top in safari mode with the doors off.

Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Wish the hard top could be designed in 2 pieces with the glass and wrap around portion separate from the top. I love the look and function of the soft top in safari mode with the doors off.
You mean like being able to remove the back panel? That would be awesome, just make the glass removable like the side glass on the JLs. That would be great.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Is there a height difference between soft and hard top and if YES how much? The soft top looks taller and i only have a couple inches of air space left in my garage

RiverMtnBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S MaxTow
YES!!! 100%!!! That was my first thought after driving the thing home. Would save the trouble of trying to get a bikini top that doesn't sound like a flag in a hurricane over 50mph.

kahuna357

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Subarua CrossTrek, 02TJ, 2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Mostly retired
I went around and around with this. I had dual tops on 2 of the 3 TJs, only one of my JKs had dual top. Went with dual tops for the JT. I could always sell one if it dont work out.

Reactions: BAT

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO
I enjoyed having a soft top on my Wrangler Unlimited, my German Shepherd did as well! But, for the last three years, the soft top has been stored in my garage. Too much of a hassle to take on and off. I use an electric winch to remove the top, but just got to a point that I didn't want to remove it. I haven't removed the front panels from the hardtop on the Wrangler in about 5 years. Messes up my hair! What is left anyway.
Sponsored