First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F450, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
Does anyone have recommendations for flat towing a Gladiator?
What tow bar should I use?
Any vehicle protection shields needed?
Cost?
Should I just scrap the whole idea and trailer it? Pro’s Con’s?
Sponsored

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
Does anyone have recommendations for flat towing a Gladiator?
What tow bar should I use?
Any vehicle protection shields needed?
Cost?
Should I just scrap the whole idea and trailer it? Pro’s Con’s?
Hummmm, I know my Miata... I have to flat bed tow it, I've heard that if you tow a RWD car it will destroy the transmission. I guess because it spins the drive shaft but no coolant nor transmission oil is flowing. I'm interested in the answer to this... I wonder how the owners manual says to tow it.

iamgregh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NOW: 2020 JT-Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic (Traded 2015 JKU Sahara)
Jeeps (wranglers/gladiators) are a dream to Flat tow, I have had a JKU for years that I flat tow behind my Motorhome. The gladiator is no different, skip the Trailer, those are a pain in the ass to stow when you get where you are going..
They make a base plate (etrailer.com) that mounts under the front bumper, and as far as tow bar goes I have the Blue-OX aladdin tow bar but there are many choices... Let me know if you want more info I can point you in the right direction
What will u be towing it behind?
see this thread:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/flat-towing-a-gladiator-behind-a-motorhome.16400/

From the manual pg 359

glad.PNG

Last edited:

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU and 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
All Wranglers and now the Gladiator flat tow easier than all other mass produced vehicles. It is by far the most commonly towed of all.

Transfer case in neutral, vehicle transmission in any gear (MT) or Drive (AT). Key off, if steering wheel has no lock. I know since at least 2012 there has been no steering wheel lock.

Ready Brake is my favorite for towed braking systems, I use a Blue Max Adventurer for a towbar, but will upgrade to higher quality one next RV season. For lighting, there's a plug n play kit for JK's and earlier. Still waiting on one for JL/JT but you can splice into your lighting using diodes (nope, I'll wait) or use magnetic slap ons if you have a metal rear bumper.

OP
OP
Whiplash2130

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
All Wranglers and now the Gladiator flat tow easier than all other mass produced vehicles. It is by far the most commonly towed of all.

Transfer case in neutral, vehicle transmission in any gear (MT) or Drive (AT). Key off, if steering wheel has no lock. I know since at least 2012 there has been no steering wheel lock.

Ready Brake is my favorite for towed braking systems, I use a Blue Max Adventurer for a towbar, but will upgrade to higher quality one next RV season. For lighting, there's a plug n play kit for JK's and earlier. Still waiting on one for JL/JT but you can splice into your lighting using diodes (nope, I'll wait) or use magnetic slap ons if you have a metal rear bumper.
What system would you upgrade to?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Whiplash2130

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
Jeeps (wranglers/gladiators) are a dream to Flat tow, I have had a JKU for years that I flat tow behind my Motorhome. The gladiator is no different, skip the Trailer, those are a pain in the ass to stow when you get where you are going..
They make a base plate (etrailer.com) that mounts under the front bumper, and as far as tow bar goes I have the Blue-OX aladdin tow bar but there are many choices... Let me know if you want more info I can point you in the right direction
see this thread:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/flat-towing-a-gladiator-behind-a-motorhome.16400/

From the manual pg 359

glad.PNG
Great information, Thanks

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's nothing wrong with my Adventurer but it must be completely removed off both the RV and the Jeep when not in use. The Alpha and other better ones can stay attached to the RV.

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, you'll need a baseplate, around $415 on etrailer.com, with stock plastic or steel bumper. If you have d-ring mounts on your aftermarket bumper, you can get a d-ring mount adapter for your blue ox tow bar at around $270 ($236 on Amazon). I think Roadmaster makes a similar setup.

OP
OP
Whiplash2130

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
see this thread:

From the manual pg 359

glad.PNG
406E5C5F-7963-46B8-A709-107D62842866.jpeg

mmollo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, 1985 CJ7, F-250, BMW X5, Ferrari California, Lamborghini Aventador
DE650B1F-A7B3-4766-83C0-96F9035030D2.jpeg
I just got mine set up to flat tow behind my diesel pusher. I have the same set up on my F-250 as the JT. It’s a Blue Ox. Both on my vehicles are very easy to put them in neutral and hook up to the RV. I wouldn’t mess with a trailer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Whiplash2130

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
DE650B1F-A7B3-4766-83C0-96F9035030D2.jpeg
I just got mine set up to flat tow behind my diesel pusher. I have the same set up on my F-250 as the JT. It’s a Blue Ox. Both on my vehicles are very easy to put them in neutral and hook up to the RV. I wouldn’t mess with a trailer.
Do you use a rock shield? I’m concerned with those Canadian/Alaskan gravel roads.

Phineus1941

First Name
Carmen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Protect -a- tow is what I use to prevent crap from hitting the front of mine, still waiting on a viable option for lights, i had the one from mopar for my jk, but of course it wont work on the gladiator

Lives The Dream

First Name
Meericole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 cj5, 1995 YJ, 2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT
instructions for the dealer, per:

IMG_0098.jpeg

Lives The Dream

First Name
Meericole