GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Right. When I brought it up to the guy who sold me my Gladiator, we've become somewhat friends since the purchase and he's been available to answer all the questions I've had, he said he heard about dealerships (and folks bringing up the various "deals"/offers found on jeep forums) offering employee pricing. Unlike other models, the dealership doesn't get anything from FCA on Gladiators. If they sell at a loss or lesser margine, they don't get "reimbursed" like say they do for the Wrangler. It used to be that way for the Wrangler, but now he said Wranglers have been selling low and they've had FCA help them with the loss.

NVM
They may take a loss if they are giving EP pricing to people who do not have a control number, but I doubt they are taking a loss as what would be the point of selling the vehicle. They are making money even at EP pricing believe me.
Sponsored

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My father in law retired from jeep, we got 6% below invoice
Then you did much better than EP pricing. Ep is 5% below invoice

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Then you did much better than EP pricing. Ep is 3% below invoice
So is invoice end EP standard across all dealerships? I can't imagine that a high-volume dealer gets vehicles from Jeep at the same cost as a dealer selling 5 cars a week (for example). Or that a dealer in a larger city, with costs, taxes, payroll offering the same discount as a smaller dealership in the countryside. I have no knowledge of this area, I am only asking if that sounds about right.

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So is invoice end EP standard across all dealerships? I can't imagine that a high-volume dealer gets vehicles from Jeep at the same cost as a dealer selling 5 cars a week (for example). Or that a dealer in a larger city, with costs, taxes, payroll offering the same discount as a smaller dealership in the countryside. I have no knowledge of this area, I am only asking if that sounds about right.
If a dealer participates in EP pricing it is standard across the board for all dealers. I have bought vehicle in Michigan as well at Washington state and EP has always been the same % off invoice.
I revised my post as EP is 5% not 3% so my mistake.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If a dealer participates in EP pricing it is standard across the board for all dealers. I have bought vehicle in Michigan as well at Washington state and EP has always been the same % off invoice.
I revised my post as EP is 5% not 3% so my mistake.
Then what is invoice? Is the thread from the other wrangler forum about 2018 Invoice pricing correct and applicable for all dealerships?

Sponsored

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Saw a Jeep commercial that Black Friday sales have started and Gladiators have employee pricing.
Just seen the ad and it named only 3 vehicles and gladiator was not one of the unfortunately.

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Then what is invoice? Is the thread from the other wrangler forum about 2018 Invoice pricing correct and applicable for all dealerships?
Your sales person should present you the deal sheet on the vehicle you are purchasing and it will have several prices on it. MSRP, invoice pricing, PP pricing & EP pricing.
I'll try to post mine here in a little bit.

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the deal sheet on my build.
FWP is invoice I believe. FFP is friends & family discount. EP is employee pricing.
I don't know what HB means.

20191103_191116.jpg

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the deal sheet on my build.
FWP is invoice I believe. FFP is friends & family discount. EP is employee pricing.
I don't know what HB means.

20191103_191116.jpg
Thanks. I will have to see if my dealer would be willing to get me that info. Too late now, but if it translates accordingly to my area that means I could have saved $1500 if I had bothered to ask for the invoice price. Still don't regret it. Would have if it was a Rubicon. 5% of the Invoice price listed there is about $3000

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I will have to see if my dealer would be willing to get me that info. Too late now, but if it translates accordingly to my area that means I could have saved $1500 if I had bothered to ask for the invoice price. Still don't regret it. Would have if it was a Rubicon. 5% of the Invoice price listed there is about $3000
I may be wrong but the dealer MUST produce this deal sheet to you if you get EP price. They can get in trouble if they did not give you the Accurate EP price. So if you got ripped off you might want to have a conversation with them and tell them you will report them to FCA. You would have had to provide a control number to get actual EP pricing.
Money is money dont let them RIP you off.. it's just being put in their pocket.

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may be wrong but the dealer MUST produce this deal sheet to you if you get EP price. They can get in trouble if they did not give you the Accurate EP price. So if you got ripped off you might want to have a conversation with them and tell them you will report them to FCA. You would have had to provide a control number to get actual EP pricing.
Money is money dont let them RIP you off.. it's just being put in their pocket.
I did t get offered EP or even offered an invoice. I was given the MSRP and negotiated down by about $3000. Should they have offered it? For folks seeming so eager to sell they didnt move mutch. First car purchase in 13 years, I didnt know how the game had changed, if at all. Wasnt planning on buying that day either, but followed my heart on this car. Love it and dont regret not making the best deal possible, but I dont stand for injustice or folks trying to get me in a bad deal

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I did t get offered EP or even offered an invoice. I was given the MSRP and negotiated down by about $3000. Should they have offered it? For folks seeming so eager to sell they didnt move mutch. First car purchase in 13 years, I didnt know how the game had changed, if at all. Wasnt planning on buying that day either, but followed my heart on this car. Love it and dont regret not making the best deal possible, but I dont stand for injustice or folks trying to get me in a bad deal
Sorry I had you confused with @Cleankat who said he got Ep pricing @ 6% below invoice.
It would do you no good to mention EP pricing at the dealer unless you had a EP control number. You got $3k off so at least you did not pay MSRP. The dealer would probably have no reason to give you the deal sheet.

Elwenil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Dodge Ramcharger
Occupation
Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Dealership Parts Manager
I am more than a little sure Employee Pricing is not a percentage off Invoice, but is a flat discount off Invoice.

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I am more than a little sure Employee Pricing is not a percentage off Invoice, but is a flat discount off Invoice.
Google "FCA employee pricing" , also based on my deal sheet you can see EP is very close to 5% below invoice.

Elwenil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Dodge Ramcharger
Occupation
Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Dealership Parts Manager
Google "FCA employee pricing" , also based on my deal sheet you can see EP is very close to 5% below invoice.
It's possible. I think my confusion is the difference in "FCA Employee Pricing" and Dealership Employee Pricing, which appear to be two different discounts.
Sponsored