First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Mark you surprised me . . . didn't think new sox & shoes would be #1 on the To-Do List ! Any other Threads I should be checking out in order to "keep-up" with Your Build ? Now I KNOW Your Glad - what Name does "it" have? - isn't just gonna be your "Highway-Hoot" ! Looks like (poor angle) you may now have some Tire Showing outside the Fenders !? If so, are wider fender upgrades #2 ? You've Planned this whole thing way before you put in the order . . . is my guess !? Ah Boys and their Toys . . . Christmas has come Early to the Doiron house ! ;)
Wider fenders are not in the queue. Honestly, I've never been a fan of the aftermarket fender look. One of the reasons I went with 315R70 tires (which are 35s) instead of actual 35s was the tires I have are about 1" narrower, keeping the tires pretty close to under the fenders. A cop would probably point out "pretty close" isn't what the law requires, but it's a similar situation on my JK and I've never had an issue with the law. My friend, Matt, who drives the Punk'N Gladiator in the New Mexico videos I recently posted on my YT channel recommends the Mopar splash guards. Not a fan of them, either, but it's remotely possible that may happen. Next mod you're likely to see will be Ace Engineering rock rails. Awaiting their delivery. Build updates will be provided on my YouTube channel as studio chats after each trip.

Sponsored

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
52E2CF33-5C2F-45DD-B1AC-9A658DE09C1F.jpeg
3BEFD3B7-D3E7-46EB-84B0-3F83F162BC5D.jpeg
Added a RAM cell phone holder to my drivers side grab handle. Have my cell phone hanging down at the bottom so I can still use the grab handle.
Looks awesome. Which model of Ram Mount? How did you get it to the bottom of the grab handle.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Wider fenders are not in the queue. Honestly, I've never been a fan of the aftermarket fender look. One of the reasons I went with 315R70 tires (which are 35s) instead of actual 35s was the tires I have are about 1" narrower, keeping the tires pretty close to under the fenders. A cop would probably point out "pretty close" isn't what the law requires, but it's a similar situation on my JK and I've never had an issue with the law. My friend, Matt, who drives the Punk'N Gladiator in the New Mexico videos I recently posted on my YT channel recommends the Mopar splash guards. Not a fan of them, either, but it's remotely possible that may happen. Next mod you're likely to see will be Ace Engineering rock rails. Awaiting their delivery. Build updates will be provided on my YouTube channel as studio chats after each trip.
Wow, you let the Kat out of the Bag . . . I've heard that "ACE is the Place for the helpful Overlander man" . . . did I quote that right ? ;)

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
52E2CF33-5C2F-45DD-B1AC-9A658DE09C1F.jpeg
3BEFD3B7-D3E7-46EB-84B0-3F83F162BC5D.jpeg
Added a RAM cell phone holder to my drivers side grab handle. Have my cell phone hanging down at the bottom so I can still use the grab handle.
good buy . . . like the Ram Products . Using the one for my 10.5" iPAD (minus the keyboard) with the long arm attached to the Passenger seat (my WK2) - just like they show on the webby ! If/when I can pull the trigger on a JLU/JT,I;ll probably use the same system - don't like all the Clutter up top / near the windshield . To distracting for me .