Cbriggs9742

Cbriggs9742

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2020 JT
The pads in that photo are not RK/Daystar.
Any update here. Seems the correction pad would make it worse and actually the pads that come with the EVO kit are RK/Daystar correction pads.
Correction pads are for outward bowing. EVO suggested one member to go back to the stock isolators. Seems it helped.
Please update your findings if you can. Could be wrong but seems the inward bow is unique to the Gladiator and/or EVO.

Thanks
It is a lot better, and I no longer have the issue with hitting the bump stop. I had the RK correction pads installed, my EVO lift did not come with any correction pads. EVO is the one who told me to buy some.

- Chris

97C6074F-E163-4459-993A-C5CAA4A0DCF2.jpeg

Jeep Rookie

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
It is a lot better, and I no longer have the issue with hitting the bump stop. I had the RK correction pads installed, my EVO lift did not come with any correction pads. EVO is the one who told me to buy some.

- Chris

97C6074F-E163-4459-993A-C5CAA4A0DCF2.jpeg
Still looks inward bowed in that pic just like in this pic.
If RK is not seeing this on their lifts then it has to be the end coil wind on the EVO springs causing this. (These have the Daystar pads that came with the EVO kit)
Can RK confirm this is not an issue with their springs? If so I will buy a set to put this issue behind.

20200106_161549.jpg

20200106_161616.jpg

Last edited:

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I have Rockrawler 3” with their correction pads front & back & they are straight no issues front & back

Sponsored

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
@Rock Krawler Suspension
Are your 3" springs compatible with the King shocks?
Thank You
yes they are 2.5' to 5" lift I don't have the front yet but I can't wait these are the 2.0 smoothies with a internal reservoir I love how they work with these springs. I just put 1,100 miles on them to Oklahoma & back. real nice ride. oh sorry I thought you where talking to me I Have King on the rear of mine.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
@Rock Krawler Suspension
Are your 3" springs compatible with the King shocks?
Thank You
Do you have the extended and collapsed measurements of your shocks? From that I can validate the fitment but would not be able to speak to the ride quality nor the performance there.

Jeep Rookie

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
Well, I finally found a way to fix my EVO spring bow.
After spending over $5k for a Stage 4 Enforcer Plus with King shocks, I engaged in numerous phone calls with EVO resulting in them telling me to get a full alignment to fix the issue (as expected, it was perfect; waste of more $$$), maybe rotate the upper isolators to compensate for the bow (WHAT? that's a poor bandaid), and... I should NOT have used the Daystar Isolators that THEY supplied (WTH? OK, the stock units made an insignificant difference...)
So, I might have an appreciation for good engineering and the conversations were not really going anywhere so the search for some good springs commenced and was very successful.
I found the 4" Synergy springs which measured within an 1/8" of the EVOs and spring rates were very close. Another expense to have an acid etch (NO GRIT BLAST) and new powder coat but they looked great. Not to mention labor but it did add more frustration.
Flat grind on the bottom of the springs and flat isolators seemed to be an obvious cure. It was...
The first two pics are the EVOs installed perfectly with the supplied Daystar isolators.
The second set, the Synergy's.
Pretty obvious result.
Height was perfect and ride is excellent.
Live and learn.

20200106_161649.jpg

20200106_161549.jpg

20200224_194001.jpg

20200224_194045.jpg

Last edited:

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
After spending over $5k for a Stage 4 Enforcer Plus with King shocks, I engaged in numerous phone calls with EVO resulting in them telling me to get a full alignment to fix the issue (as expected, it was perfect; waste of more $$$), maybe rotate the upper isolators to compensate for the bow (WHAT? that's a poor bandaid), and... I should NOT have used the Daystar Isolators that THEY supplied (WTH? OK, the stock units made an insignificant difference...)
So, I might have an appreciation for good engineering and the conversations were not really going anywhere so the search for some good springs commenced and was very successful.
I found the 4" Synergy springs which measured within an 1/8" of the EVOs and spring rates were very close. Another expense to have an acid etch (NO GRIT BLAST) and new powder coat but they looked great. Not to mention labor but it did add more frustration.
Flat grind on the bottom of the springs and flat isolators seemed to be an obvious cure. It was...
The first two pics are the EVOs installed perfectly with the supplied Daystar isolators.
Pretty obvious result.
Live and learn.

20200106_161649.jpg

20200106_161549.jpg

20200224_194001.jpg

20200224_194045.jpg
Looks great, glad YOU figured it out.

Sponsored

Wheezy

First Name
Wheezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Creative Director: MavTV Motorsports Network
About to pull the trigger on this exact lift. Thank you for saving me the headache! Might as well do it from the get go.

danenglish2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Pretty obvious result.
Live and learn.
I have the same lift with the same problem, and the synergy springs fixed mine as well. The height is noticeably 3/4" shorter though. Did you install spacers on the springs (synergy sells them)? Or replace the rear springs with synergy also? I may do both... I want my truck perfectly level.

Blackjeepjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi, 2015 2dr Jk hard rock rubi
I hate to but need to resurrect this thread.
So is the general consensus to fix the spring bow on an evo lift is to change to different spring manufacturer?

I’m having same issue with evo 4.5, right side only except mine is bowing and hitting shock.

Jhall1981

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Assembly Technician
I’m having a similar problem with my Rock Krawler springs. Only the passenger side is bow ever slightly inward towards the frame. Already checked track bar adjustment and made sure the isolators were installed correctly. . RK springs that I used are just the 1.5” triple rate. I’m still running factory sway bar links so that will probably be my next guess 🤷🏼‍♂️

Blackjeepjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi, 2015 2dr Jk hard rock rubi
Not much attention. I’m going to try the day star isolator
Sponsored