Akwestender

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at Punk, Hydro Blue, Gobi and Gator. Wondering which I’m least likely to see on the road. Or what they seem to be producing the least of...
Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
This thread would suggest that rarity is in order of...
>Least Ordered<
Gobi
Hydro Blue
Punk'n
Black
Gator
Granite Crystal
Billet Silver
Bright White
Firecracker Red
Sting Gray
>Most Ordered<
Based on what I see on the road & dealership lots, I would move black to the 'most popular' color. The rest of them I would pretty much agree with -

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
You have to find when the colors are released. Initial release was black, white red and silver. In June I think a couple other color releases. Dont know when Hydro Blue or Punk'n was/is released which would dictate availability.

Sponsored

Moose95

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Overland; 2018 Colorado Z71
I have been frustrated by the lack of blue gladiators around here, so I was doing research on this same question the other day. I went to the Jeep website and searched for Gladiators by color in my area. There were 804 Gladiators of all trims available within 50 miles of my location in Northern Virginia near DC, and the breakdown was:

Color QTY %
Black 169 21.0%
White 165 20.5%
Silver 109 13.6%
Red 89 11.1%
Granite 71 8.8%
Grey 60 7.5%
Gobi 41 5.1%
Gator 38 4.7%
Blue 33 4.1%
Punkin 29 3.6%

Since the bottom 5 colors were also "late availability", the actual numbers on the street are probably even more skewed towards the black/white/silver/red

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.
No question Gator green clear-coat is a rare color, but the testosterone it inspires is high.

Just sayin' ...

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

With mine, I opted to pay extra for the body-color matching roof & fenders in order to achieve an even rarer 'mono-color' look.

I've gotten a lot of smiles and thumbs-up, and even a few Jeep Waves from those snot-nosed youngsters driving Wranglers. :like:

:jk:

photo.JPG

Last edited:

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
I have been frustrated by the lack of blue gladiators around here, so I was doing research on this same question the other day. I went to the Jeep website and searched for Gladiators by color in my area. There were 804 Gladiators of all trims available within 50 miles of my location in Northern Virginia near DC, and the breakdown was:

Color QTY %
Black 169 21.0%
White 165 20.5%
Silver 109 13.6%
Red 89 11.1%
Granite 71 8.8%
Grey 60 7.5%
Gobi 41 5.1%
Gator 38 4.7%
Blue 33 4.1%
Punkin 29 3.6%

Since the bottom 5 colors were also "late availability", the actual numbers on the street are probably even more skewed towards the black/white/silver/red
I've been waiting for a hydro blue gladiator to pop up at local dealers around me since it was released. I have put my hands on every single color except this one. It's almost like there avoiding the color because they charge for it.

madduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator JT, '77 SJ: Cherokee Chief, '06 LJ
Occupation
High Speed Al tubing manager
here in phoenix i think the color i see most often is red and black.
i've a gator on order and have never seen one on the road.

a lil story: i was waiting for a gator to hit a dealer locally, i was debating between gator and grey. via jeep's website i found one when they started shipping. when i went to the dealership one of the salesmen was completely unaware that the JT came in gator green. he said he's yet to see a green one on the lot. i tried to explain what i understood 'gator green' to be, as i'd yet to see one myself in person, but he kept saying he didnt think it was available in 'green'. he was cool though, we looked around in the front, didnt see anything so he said, "here, go back there", (pointing which way to go), "if we have one it'll be back there."

i went to the back lot and found it. it was an overcast day so that gave me one impression of the color. i still couldn't decide, green v. grey. so i had to bring in the professionals...my wife and step-d, step-d: aka Punk. i brought the wife and Punk out to look at the color, this time it was a sunny day, they both picked gator.

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.
here in phoenix i think the color i see most often is red and black.
i've a gator on order and have never seen one on the road.

a lil story: i was waiting for a gator to hit a dealer locally, i was debating between gator and grey. via jeep's website i found one when they started shipping. when i went to the dealership one of the salesmen was completely unaware that the JT came in gator green. he said he's yet to see a green one on the lot. i tried to explain what i understood 'gator green' to be, as i'd yet to see one myself in person, but he kept saying he didnt think it was available in 'green'. he was cool though, we looked around in the front, didnt see anything so he said, "here, go back there", (pointing which way to go), "if we have one it'll be back there."

i went to the back lot and found it. it was an overcast day so that gave me one impression of the color. i still couldn't decide, green v. grey. so i had to bring in the professionals...my wife and step-d, step-d: aka Punk. i brought the wife and Punk out to look at the color, this time it was a sunny day, they both picked gator.
Sorta similar with me, .... in that before ordering I wanted to see a Gator and a Gobi unit in person, just to be sure which color I liked better.

Kept an eye on several FCA dealerships in this area and in early December one of them got in both Gator and Gobi Sports. Fortunately it was a semi-sunny day when I visited, so I was able to see both trucks in different natural lighting.

After that, it was easy: Gator for me, especially since I intended to go full body-matching for the mono-color look. I wouldn't have been nearly as happy with the sandy Gobi color.

Sponsored

madduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator JT, '77 SJ: Cherokee Chief, '06 LJ
Occupation
High Speed Al tubing manager
you could give me just about any color and i'd accent it to something i like. but, since i cant buy 4 or 5 trucks i just gotta work with one. i love the grey, i'd love a black and accessorize with bronze accents.

as a kid i remember seeing the john player special F1 car for the first time and loving that color combo. but living in the desert black is clean for about 30 secs after ya wash it, then you can see the dust. if it's windy it's dusty before you finish your final wipe down.

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
Never seen Punkin or Blue here near Philly where I see one every other day or so. I never see Gobi either but I drive one so the results are skewed.
Got a massive two hand Jeep wave from A Gobi JK guy the other day btw.

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
After that, it was easy: Gator for me, especially since I intended to go full body-matching for the mono-color look. I wouldn't have been nearly as happy with the sandy Gobi color.
It's super important to see these colors in person. I was the opposite, on the fence but went Gobi and when the Gator ones came to the dealer I was happy with my monotone Gobi. I was hoping Gator would be more olive drab.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I live in OK, have a Gator Rubicon, and haven’t seen one yet. That includes dealerships. I had to order mine. Lots of people really dig the color though.

F35FE667-9EED-4708-A49F-39EDBA06E981.jpeg
I'll be sure to wave when I pass you in my (more rare) Gobi. ;-)

Big Bend Explorations, Jan 20, 5_4579, Mark's Gladiator on Black Gap.jpg

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Don't go with Gator, I like it being rare, lol. In all seriousness I have seen a ton of whites, a few blacks, a silverish one or two and one red in my area.

Saw one orange on a dealer lot, and only saw a blue on a dealer lot, but I think it was custom ordered. I have yet to see another gator or a gobi.
Sponsored