Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Edition! [Updated With Live Pics and Chassis/Suspension Breakdown]

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Still no travel numbers ???????? For those of you interested in desert running, why are none of you interested in travel numbers?

My guess is that it's the same as a Rubicon but with better shocks.
Haven't seen it mentioned in any article. My guess is slightly more than a Rubicon.
Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't seen it mentioned in any article
Yea thats why I think it's the same, otherwise they would be promoting it. It's just weird to make a high speed-focused one without additional travel.

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
Still no travel numbers ???????? For those of you interested in desert running, why are none of you interested in travel numbers?

I heard 21" of travel somewhere. It was on a video showcasing the new Mojave.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I heard 21" of travel somewhere. It was on a video showcasing the new Mojave.
I doubt that's correct. For example, the Raptor has 11-12" of travel and Trophy Trucks have around 20-24" of wheel travel. That might be the case for articulation but I doubt it for up/down travel.

Sponsored

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302

I wanna know everything including travel #s, as well as the price. That will help with my final decision.

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I doubt that's correct. For example, the Raptor has 11-12" of travel and Trophy Trucks have around 20-24" of wheel travel. That might be the case for articulation but I doubt it for up/down travel.
I concede my potential ignorance on this, but I thought travel and articulation were the same thing. For educational purposes, can you explain the difference?

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
If you look at the video of the Mojave reveal around 17:00 he talks about the wheel travel and articulation. Its when he is talking about the 5 or so characteristics of being qualified as "Sand rated".

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE

Sponsored

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That one says "Axle articulation is vertical wheel travel – as in, how far the axle can move up and down relative to the chassis."
That's what I got from it as well and regular travel is how far forward on how they calculate the RTI score... I am no expert but that is what I learned ,but maybe someone else can chime in if that is incorrect.

Gray_Bison

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LBZ Duramax, Q5 Quattro 2.0T
Occupation
Maintenance Lead
That's what I got from it as well and regular travel is how far forward on how they calculate the RTI score... I am no expert but that is what I learned ,but maybe someone else can chime in if that is incorrect.
I always understood travel to be the entire suspension system working together, from fully compressed to fully extended. And articulation/flex is the system working opposite of each other, one wheel on a rock and the other on the trail.

Bravo Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Tacoma
I noticed one thing I really liked in that “feature availability” document from FCA. The Mojave is between the Overland and the Rubicon. If they where going to gouge customers on the beefed up frame, and fancy shocks, and try to charge more than the Rubi. I think the Mojave and Rubi would be the other way around. Here’s to hoping it’s cheaper than the Rubicon, or at worst the same price.

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I noticed one thing I really liked in that “feature availability” document from FCA. The Mojave is between the Overland and the Rubicon. If they where going to gouge customers on the beefed up frame, and fancy shocks, and try to charge more than the Rubi. I think the Mojave and Rubi would be the other way around. Here’s to hoping it’s cheaper than the Rubicon, or at worst the same price.
Yeah, but I have a feeling they will price it the same way as Rubi...

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR

I would think you are right. Did Jeep actually say the Mojave has 1" of lift compared to a Rubicon or just 1" of lift? I didn't have a tape measure but when I was looking at the Mojave at the Philly Auto Show it sure didn't look any different than Rubicon Ride height. They advertised the Rubicon as having 1" of lift long before the Mojave was released. Of course we know that is relative to Sport/Overland trims.
Sponsored