Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Edition! [Updated With Live Pics and Chassis/Suspension Breakdown]

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
So far all of the photos we have seen have had color matched fenders. I wonder if that is going to be standard on the Mojave.

I'm also pretty sure the aftermarket will come out with a front bumper that will fit it and let you mount a winch. Without the ability to mount a winch, this is dead for an overland rig.
Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
So far all of the photos we have seen have had color matched fenders. I wonder if that is going to be standard on the Mojave.

I'm also pretty sure the aftermarket will come out with a front bumper that will fit it and let you mount a winch. Without the ability to mount a winch, this is dead for an overland rig.
I’m pretty sure that any bumper that fits the Rubicon will work here.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Agreed. The issue will be the skid plate as the Rubicon one is for protecting the sway bar disconnect whereas the Mojave is protecting the shock reservoirs. Unsure what skid plate differences there may be.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. The issue will be the skid plate as the Rubicon one is for protecting the sway bar disconnect whereas the Mojave is protecting the shock reservoirs. Unsure what skid plate differences there may be.
I should have been more clear. I was talking about a bumper that has a winch plate and skid plate for the shock reservoirs. I am also sure that any Rubicon bumper will fit on the Mojave, just without its Rubicon skid plate (if that makes sense).

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I should have been more clear. I was talking about a bumper that has a winch plate and skid plate for the shock reservoirs. I am also sure that any Rubicon bumper will fit on the Mojave, just without its Rubicon skid plate (if that makes sense).
Yes, everything looks to fit - except the screws that connect the skid plate to the steel bumper. The other issue is the red hooks on the steel bumper. Those will not match. On the option list that was posted here on this forum for the various JT models, the "steel bumper" was NOT an option on the Mojave, but, it was an option on the Rubicon JT. So, maybe, look for a brand new light Mojave steel bumper in the future with orange hooks.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, everything looks to fit - except the screws that connect the skid plate to the steel bumper. The other issue is the red hooks on the steel bumper. Those will not match. On the option list that was posted here on this forum for the various JT models, the "steel bumper" was NOT an option on the Mojave, but, it was an option on the Rubicon JT. So, maybe, look for a brand new light Mojave steel bumper in the future with orange hooks.
I did not know an option list for the Mojave was released yet. Can you point me to where you saw it please?

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
There are a couple of interesting things in that Jalopnik article:

but the Mojave gets that reinforced frame (again, just added welds)
If you watch the video, at the 7:07 mark, you can see that the silver part of the frame is not just added welds. It appears to wrap around the black frame (follow the top right frame rail from the back towards the front).

just behind the silver front skid plate (which is the same as that on the Rubicon, only silver).
I thought we figured it out that the skid plate was different than the Rubicon plate??

Speaking of the axles, both the front and rear are Dana 44s with 4:10 differentials. The rear—which actually has a thicker tube than the most-capable Rubicon model—gets an electronic locker,
This is the first I've seen anything mentioning a thicker rear axle... over and above the 10mm everything else gets.

The Mojave’s max payload rating is 1,200 pounds, and the towing capacity is 6,000—these are both with the optional eight-speed automatic transmission bolted to the 285 horsepower Pentastar V6.
This would give the Mojave with auto more payload than the Rubicon with auto... but only by 40lbs.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Eh, that’s jalopnik... not saying they are wrong, but there’s a good chance they are.
Oh? I thought they were an authority given they are cited alot on the Jeep’s cooling system. Didnt know. It DID sound odd to me, but the insides of the axles were silvered (see photos) and thus parts that were upgraded over the other JT trims. Or is it?

Nvm just a silver nut. Didnt see it so well on my phone earlier

kje3ahkksulku8fqkglp.png

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
"The Mojave’s max payload rating is 1,200 pounds, and the towing capacity is 6,000—these are both with the optional eight-speed automatic transmission bolted to the 285 horsepower Pentastar V6."

This would give the Mojave with auto more payload than the Rubicon with auto... but only by 40lbs.
It's 40 lbs less than my JTR auto:

qEqRfBG.jpg

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the axle tubes will be thicker on the Mojave

https://jalopnik.com/here-are-the-hardware-changes-behind-the-2020-jeep-glad-1841519338

“Speaking of the axles, both the front and rear are Dana 44s with 4:10 differentials. The rear—which actually has a thicker tube than the most-capable Rubicon model...”
I'll believe that if and when someone confirms it. FCA's press release says that the Mojave has "heavy-duty third-generation Dana 44 front and rear axles," which is the same thing as on all other JTs.