Physician Assistant

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
I hope you have time to air back up! I did read all the way through the page and found that the version that plugs in for power only moves 17L per minute. For comparison sake that is only 0.60 CFM. And that is at no load so once it is under a load it will be as slow as the tortoise...but maybe it will finish eventually.
yep, after reading those number i realized its really for a scooter or maybe off road skateboard...Or maybe one of those pocket bikes clowns ride!

Otter155

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT, 2007 JKU, 2001 TJ
Build Thread
Link
I did an under rear seat mount with the smaller ARB toolbox portable de-boxed.

Simple black and red wire hookup to aux switches.
I used the same place for the twin ARB compressor; I did have to take out the scissor jack. I'll find another place for that. The hardest part of the install was running the wire loom through the firewall. The compressor works great and it's easily accessible under the seat, while still being out of the way when my kids ride in the backseat.

How did you actually mount the compressor? I used my old Teraflex bracket from my JKU and modified it to have the bracket bolted down to the body bolts.

Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Should I not mount it if i'm going to tow a camper that i might need to air down and up? Will the cord reach that far?

Otter155

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT, 2007 JKU, 2001 TJ
Build Thread
Link
Should I not mount it if i'm going to tow a camper that i might need to air down and up? Will the cord reach that far?
I'm still only halfway through with my Gladiator air compressor build. In my JKU I had the compressor sitting under the passenger front seat (wouldn't you know that only 1 year the 2007 was different than all the others, and the driver side seat had the wire loom under it); and my single hose was long enough to reach all 4 tires, and reach back to my Hiker Trailer (5x8).

My new setup is going to be a 4 chuck setup with the 2 rear lines longer so I can reach the trailer tires as well. Worse case I will have my original single line as a backup.

Bottom line, just get a longer hose if the one you have doesn't reach.

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I used the same place for the twin ARB compressor; I did have to take out the scissor jack. I'll find another place for that. The hardest part of the install was running the wire loom through the firewall. The compressor works great and it's easily accessible under the seat, while still being out of the way when my kids ride in the backseat.

How did you actually mount the compressor? I used my old Teraflex bracket from my JKU and modified it to have the bracket bolted down to the body bolts.
It's why I bought the portable, all the compressor wiring and switch are all integral, and it's mounted to a little plate in the toolbox.

I turned the under seat divider into the mount. There's the flat spots towards the end and the small compressor fits on them. Drilled the unit out of the toolbox, then enlarged 2 of the holes on the side opposite the switch large enough to put a small bolt through. Used them to template a spot to drill 2 holes through the under seat divider (I took it out to do it, 4 torx bolts) I just happened to have some little bolts with flathead screw heads and backed them with a wide but thin flat washer, and attached it to the under seat divider and put it back in place. Had to be careful to leave enough room to get the one screw back in through the inside of the compressor mount and wiring, but I don't think it would have mattered, it just holds it down and it fits onto square pegs.

Not very destructive even if I was to take it out, the plastic thingy under the seat would have a couple small holes in it, and if that was really bothersome for whatever reason it could easily be replaced.

Since it's a portable, it had a several foot long battery lead with alligator clips, just red and black. Snipped off the clips, and routed the wires under the carpet and up the door edges under the trim pieces, just swear a lot and pop them out, other than one bolt on the front one to remove to get to the ground point there. I didn't go nuts with it, just enough to tuck the wire away neatly. There's even a little cut already there in the carpet in the back where you see I ran the wire lead through.

Hook the ground to the ground point and the red to one of the 40 amp aux wires.

Really as simple as I hoped. Just wanted a tire pump and it should suit just fine for topping up, lawn equipment, air mattresses, etc. Totally agree with your thoughts of easily accessible but neatly hidden away. It was actually the evil plan for not getting the cargo management so I'd have room to put a compressor there.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR

Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR

Woohoo

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I have the Viair 440P. Reasonable price, works great!
I also use the Viair 440p. I have mine for a long time. No issues. Only Viair rated at a full 3 CFM, but, not a 100% duty cycle compressor. It fills the tires fast. I keep mine in the bed in the Viair bag with all the hoses. I use a large Quick Fist to secure it to my molle panels and the Krazy shovel handle keeps it from bouncing while wheeling. Here is a pic.

eMxJ38.jpg

CG07SUT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX being replaced by Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
I installed my single ARB under the hood with excellent access. To create the space, I removed the factory air box and installed a conical air filter that I had used on my previous JKURX. A piece of aluminum angle that I had on-hand, so ultimate net cost was zero beyond my new compressor.

82580064-1A8F-43E1-AE29-E4E9607EC6A7.jpeg

895CE824-8B8E-42ED-ACA5-A45C0F7FCB91.jpeg
Sponsored