Reaction score
Website
www.14jeep.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
New Order Manager

Travis,

Can you explain what a FCA Control Number is and how somebody acquires one?

Thanks.
A FCA Control number is obtained either through your affiliated employer or through joining a FCA Affiliated Club such as Tread Lightly.

Here's a link to Tread Lightly's website. For a $100/yr membership, you qualify for 1% below invoice pricing on FCA Brand vehicles. www.treadlightly.org

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
A FCA Control number is obtained either through your affiliated employer or through joining a FCA Affiliated Club such as Tread Lightly.

Here's a link to Tread Lightly's website. For a $100/yr membership, you qualify for 1% below invoice pricing on FCA Brand vehicles. www.treadlightly.org

Thanks Travis. I knew about the Tread Lightly deal, just did not know that is what FCA classified it as.

STLDAVE

First Name
DAve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 4Runner, Shopping for JT
Occupation
Retired
This story says the Mojave suspension gives it an inch more ground clearance that the Rubicon.

However, on the www.jeep.com website, the detailed specs for each say the Mojave ground clearance is 10.0 inches, and the Rubicon ground clearance is 11.1 inches

So which is it?

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
This story says the Mojave suspension gives it an inch more ground clearance that the Rubicon.

However, on the www.jeep.com website, the detailed specs for each say the Mojave ground clearance is 10.0 inches, and the Rubicon ground clearance is 11.1 inches

So which is it?
The Jeep website is displaying the Overland specs for the Mojave. The Mojave has 1" taller front shocks, which results in a half inch higher ground clearance than a Rubicon (11.6" vs 11.1").

Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Mojave just doesn't make sense to me. Its like buying a Sport with reservoir shocks, bump stops and a locker for the price of a Rubicon...with the added benefit of not being able to lift it without removing more than half of the reason the model exists for to begin with.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Personally, I like the look of the Mojave, but none of the Rubi things I need, such as double lockers, crawling gear ratio, and axle disconnect. The other models would require bigger tires, maybe wheels, and reprograming for larger tires. With the Mojave I have the whole package mostly the way I like.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Mojave just doesn't make sense to me. Its like buying a Sport with reservoir shocks, bump stops and a locker for the price of a Rubicon...with the added benefit of not being able to lift it without removing more than half of the reason the model exists for to begin with.
I think this is our collective problem, we always want to compare the Mojave to the Rubicon. They are designed for different users and as such, would get different mods done to them. The Mojave already has more clearance than the Rubicon and with fast desert running you want to keep your CG as low as possible. So for it's intended application most people would not want/need to put a lift on it.

I was really intrigued by the Mojave and had there been one on the lot that I liked when I was ready to buy, I might be driving a Mojave instead of the Rubicon right now.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I think this is our collective problem, we always want to compare the Mojave to the Rubicon. They are designed for different users and as such, would get different mods done to them. The Mojave already has more clearance than the Rubicon and with fast desert running you want to keep your CG as low as possible. So for it's intended application most people would not want/need to put a lift on it.

I was really intrigued by the Mojave and had there been one on the lot that I liked when I was ready to buy, I might be driving a Mojave instead of the Rubicon right now.
Doesn't have more axle clearance, which is more important.

That said...if they don't want us comparing it to the Rubicon then it perhaps shouldn't be priced like one?

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't have more axle clearance, which is more important.

That said...if they don't want us comparing it to the Rubicon then it perhaps shouldn't be priced like one?
Actually, it does have more ground clearance, 11.6" vs. 11.0". What clearance spec is more important is situational. As for ground clearance, larger tires is what is going to get you more ground clearance, not a bigger lift. So you would have more ground clearance on Mojave with 35s then you would with a Rubicon on 35s with no need to scrap the nice Mojave suspension. 37s would be a different story because both should get a lift and there goes that Mojave suspension.

As for comparing them mainly because they are priced closely, I can't help you there.

Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, it does have more ground clearance, 11.6" vs. 11.0". What clearance spec is more important is situational. As for ground clearance, larger tires is what is going to get you more ground clearance, not a bigger lift. So you would have more ground clearance on Mojave with 35s then you would with a Rubicon on 35s with no need to scrap the nice Mojave suspension. 37s would be a different story because both should get a lift and there goes that Mojave suspension.

As for comparing them mainly because they are priced closely, I can't help you there.
No. They have the same tire size and axle. Same clearance.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
No. They have the same tire size and axle. Same clearance.
I misunderstood what you were saying. They both have the same ground to axle clearance as you pointed out. We were comparing different clearance specs. The Mojave has a better approach angle, breakover angle, and ground clearance. The Rubicon has a better departure angle. So that is 3-1-1 in favor of the Mojave on clearance specs. So I must stand by my statement that the Mojave has better clearance then the Rubicon.

But as I opened this exchange, I think comparing the two is not really practical because they are meant to do different things.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I see the Mojave more as a Rubicon version of the Overland variant. If I were to buy now, I would be looking at it instead of the Overland. I was looking at buying a set of the Fox shocks that come on the front of the Mojave, but $1400 is quite spendy. I settled for a set of Fox Rubicon take-offs.
Sponsored