Sponsored

Anyone Considering Purchasing During This Crazy Time?

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Common sense dictates not to, but is anyone thinking about it? Great deals should be available from dealer lots (if sales depts. can remain open, that is).
Sponsored

Concentric_Killa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Rubi JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Common sense dictates not to, but is anyone thinking about it? Great deals should be available from dealer lots (if sales depts. can remain open, that is).
Once I sell my 2010 Taco, I will be looking for one. But, I feel like it will be hard to sell my taco in these times. I am however looking for deals in the fall after all this (hopefully) passes.

I could however see the private sales increase if dealers are shut down. Just a theory though...

TPiz

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2019 JL Rubicon
Once I sell my 2010 Taco, I will be looking for one. But, I feel like it will be hard to sell my taco in these times. I am however looking for deals in the fall after all this (hopefully) passes.

I could however see the private sales increase if dealers are shut down. Just a theory though...
I think at this point, if your vehicle is in need or replacement due to issues it would be a great deal. I know there are 90 day no payments happening from various banks. So with that plus the discounts, it could be favorable.

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has been on order for a few months but the day it was slated to be built, was pulled for the manual transmission recall. Not sure of the status of it.

Bruce

Sponsored

Concentric_Killa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Rubi JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I think at this point, if your vehicle is in need or replacement due to issues it would be a great deal. I know there are 90 day no payments happening from various banks. So with that plus the discounts, it could be favorable.
Luckily my tacoma is not in need of replacement. The decision to get a JT is purely based on the fact that it will be more suited to my families lifestyle now and over the next couple of years.

If it wasn't for the JT coming out, I wouldn't be selling my highly modded money pit.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I have been considering, because I am now finding I could use a truck bed again, and I miss having a jeep.
I currently have a 4runner, but my hold up is I am a little upside down on it.

cgm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Rubicon
I would like to purchase in the next few weeks. We will see if dealers stay open.

I am on the MA/NH border. So far, few dealers show discounts of more than $2,000. I am sure they will deal, but I imagine getting a deal will be a pita.

I also don't need to sell my 2014 tacoma, it is a great truck and needs nothing. I just want to get back into a jeep but "need" the utility of a truck. We will see if this can work out. My wife and I are both teachers, so we will continue to get paid and will have jobs when this is over. I'm just glad that prices on the Gladiators are getting more realistic.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Give it a couple more weeks & see what the deals look like ;)

So far I am resisting the urge to go for a diesel Wrangler on the lot, you know, to 'get me by' until the diesel JT comes out Right? :idea:
Seriously, who knows when/if they will every make an ecodiesel Gladiator at this point...

Concentric_Killa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Rubi JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Give it a couple more weeks & see what the deals look like ;)

So far I am resisting the urge to go for a diesel Wrangler on the lot, you know, to 'get me by' until the diesel JT comes out Right? :idea:
Seriously, who knows when/if they will every make an ecodiesel Gladiator at this point...
I would think long and hard on buying that ecodiesel. From the research I have done, the specs aren't that much of an increase over the petrol.

Maintenance cost's for that diesel are going to be $$. Also, what is the ecodiesel cost? What trim levels will it be placed in. Is the extra cost $5k-10K extra? MPG increase would be nice, but Jeeps have the worst body friction coefficient of nearly any vehicle.

If you do a long term cost analysis, the petrol will be cheaper..

Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
If you do a long term cost analysis, the petrol will be cheaper..
Today's diesel option is not for everyone. I have an Ecodiesel now, and am well aware of it's costs. I am also aware of how much I enjoy the power, economy and range. I had a JK 3.6 and basically sold it years earlier than I would have if I'd been satisfied with the performance, so what did that cost me? Cheaper does not always equal better.
Your results may vary-

Rick garrett

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
58 M37, 57 Buick, 64 Chevrolet,65 Corvette, 66Impala, 75 Corvette, 2015 Z06, 2017Hemi Challenger
To late

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Yes, figure if goes to crap, they’ll repo it and I’ll be one of millions in the same situation. But having the money for 20%ish down, I think the glad shouldn’t go underwater anyways, unless I drive it into a river.

I joke about it, but I’m not doing it.

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
... yep, I bought one. Now the task of selling my Frontier.... hopefully this blows over soon enough and we can continue with life.

Concentric_Killa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Rubi JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Today's diesel option is not for everyone. I have an Ecodiesel now, and am well aware of it's costs. I am also aware of how much I enjoy the power, economy and range. I had a JK 3.6 and basically sold it years earlier than I would have if I'd been satisfied with the performance, so what did that cost me? Cheaper does not always equal better.
Your results may vary-
Definitely agree. If it comes out for the JT, I will look at it but will also do more research on longevity. I don't think these eco diesels will go 300,000mi. I tend to keep vehicles a long time so engine reliability is the main concern (if it can go + 200,000 I am happy). Also, Turbos are a black mark in my book. A turbo is going to go out long before the engine.

Most people only keep vehicles 2-3yrs, so engine longevity is usually not an issue. I think manufacturers are in the mindset of mpg vs. longevity these days. Over the next decade you are going to see many smaller engines with turbos and hybrid systems. Not to mention EV powertrains.
Sponsored