Passed up $8700 off a Launch Edition

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
the Gladiator is overpriced compared to the competition. You can get a top trim full size truck for the price of a Gladiator. Right now I can even get a loaded Raptor for the same price. I know they are different vehicles.
If they are different vehicles, then it's not really competition. If the Gladiator is overpriced, then the free market (or closer competition) will adjust that. I think you did the right thing by not buying. If you're feeling any amount of uncertainty, then it's not time to commit. You avoided the trap that many fall into at a dealership. Go home, sleep on it, wait a week, whatever. You can always go back in. In the meantime, consider your needs and wants and try to figure out which vehicle fits them the best.
Sponsored

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, 2009 Toyota Tacoma
If you want to assist me in buying the vehicle while I’m deployed in the Middle East.. then please offer some assistance.
If you want to buy something "in a heartbeat" then either do so, or don't say so.

And don't use the "deployment" card on me. Are you in a "war zone"? Every "deployment" I did was to a war zone, and I didn't have the time to talk about buying something "in a heartbeat" on forums.

I appreciate your service. But it has nothing to do with the chain of events in this post which was comedic. Own your words... it's the honorable thing to do.

Stay safe wherever you are. Hopefully the virus hasn't impacted your rotation schedule; the places I go have been impacted.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
If you want to buy something "in a heartbeat" then either do so, or don't say so.

And don't use the "deployment" card on me. Are you in a "war zone"? Every "deployment" I did was to a war zone, and I didn't have the time to talk about buying something "in a heartbeat" on forums.

I appreciate your service. But it has nothing to do with the chain of events in this post which was comedic. Own your words... it's the honorable thing to do.

Stay safe wherever you are. Hopefully the virus hasn't impacted your rotation schedule; the places I go have been impacted.
Jesus. That attack was out of nowhere. If anything, it was saying that’s a good price and that might encourage others to buy it.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
If they are different vehicles, then it's not really competition. If the Gladiator is overpriced, then the free market (or closer competition) will adjust that. I think you did the right thing by not buying. If you're feeling any amount of uncertainty, then it's not time to commit. You avoided the trap that many fall into at a dealership. Go home, sleep on it, wait a week, whatever. You can always go back in. In the meantime, consider your needs and wants and try to figure out which vehicle fits them the best.
I’ve always hated that argument. If I wanted a full sized truck, I would have bought one. I had a Z71 Silverado. Great truck, but it was a PITA as a daily driver, I realized I don’t need or want a truck that big, and they are too wide and long for any real trails. I got the same argument when I bought my Canyon. With the difference in incentives And mark up over msrp, I could have bought a comparably equipped Sierra for the same price. I knew that when I bought it. Didn’t want the Sierra.

chrisblaze

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328d

‍... this guy.....
Sponsored