Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Purchasing a new vehicle is the single greatest destructor of wealth there is. Definitely buy a lightly used vehicle if the dollars are a concern. I agree the Gladiator is over priced, I actually think the base models look a little silly and would get a Tacoma or Colorado if that was what I was in the market for. Lifted on 37ā€™s these trucks look like a completely different vehicle.

Part of me hopes sales suck and they cancel the vehicle after a 3 year run. Instant collector car! Lol I remember in 2006 brand new Ford GTā€™s not being sold because they were overpriced. I kick myself because In 2008 I passed on a black stripe delete Ford GT with 10k miles that the guy wanted $125k for, now that car is worth $300k. Itā€™s all relative, I donā€™t regret 1 second paying $55k for my LE, and fully understand itā€™s depreciated like a stone the first year of ownership.
Definitely they look better lifted on larger tires. You would be surprised at the value it adds to someone looking to buy one already with tires and lifted. I'm all in on mine at around $39,500 for the lift,tires, wheel spacers and bed cover. My neighbor has offered me $41,000 for it twice already and he's serious. He almost had me convinced to sell it to him last week but I was having a time finding another Max tow that's a Gator color close to me. For a little investment it can add twice as much value. Not saying at the dealership for trade in but to a private party sale sometimes you would be surprised what people will pay.
Sponsored

akneppers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
That is exactly where I want to be. $50k, I have no trade so that simplifies things. I'm about $3500 away. I just don't think buyers are gonna buy up all this inventory anytime soon. Thanks for the reply :}. makes me feel better that I didn't pass up the deal of the century lol
Is that 50K out the door?

I got a pretty loaded Rubicon with ADAS and painted fenders and hardtop (so pretty loaded) for close to $50K in Virginia. Also had a trade that they listed for 3k less than the trade-in value they gave me. The truck even was rolled off the truck and sold to me that day; spent less than 3 hours on the lot.

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
MSRP: $59,300
Discount: $8,193
Sale Price: $51,107
Percent Off MSRP: 13.8%

Kch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon,1932 ford sedan,1932 ford coupe,1931 ford sedan,1959 Olds custom1959 Olds custom
I'm the last person to ask how to get a good deal. I'm terrible at it. My friends all joke that I can even find a way to pay more than the sticker price on groceries. I bought a loaded JTR last November and only got 2,000.00 off the sticker price. And that was with an all cash deal. Didn't matter as I could afford it and I really wanted it. Although you may be able to do better that you posted, it's still a pretty good deal. One of my personal mottos is "perfect is the enemy of good." If you can afford it, don't miss out on the joy of owning the the Glad, trying to get a perfect deal when good enough will work. Just my opinion. Your mileage may very.

phranican

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 YJ4.0l, '20 Telluride SX, '21JTR
I hate to question a fellow jeeper Phranican, but are you trying to tell us that with $50k cash you canā€™t find a deal? a mid-specā€™d rubicon for cash will be an easy find in todayā€™s environment.
Yup, this has been my experience. I actually had a dealer in PA come down to $54,5K (before tax tags) over email and after 2 weeks raise it back to $55,5K. Really slimy stuff, I won't ever set foot in there. Trying to buy a mid spec'd rubicon has been a ridiculous experience. I'm a tread lightly affiliate and I've done my homework, I'll pay 10% off msrp (which is roughly 50K for my ideal spec'd rubi before destination fee, tax and tags). I feel like this is a fair cash offer with no trade-in, you seem to agree Rainman519, but honest to god, no one will budge on that last $4,5K to make the sale and neither will I and so I continue to be patient for a mid spec'd JTR.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
@spenchey
get this guy closed.
CHICAGO? that's nothing...

and then one or both of you owe me a beer...:LOL:

NightFog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
New here.
If I could but a loaded Punk'n for $8700 off MSRP it would be setting in my garage.
In the last 3 weeks I tried to buy 3 or 4 different red ones. The boss decided she wanted Punk'n instead. In the last 3 weeks I've tried to buy 8 of those. The worst deal was $1,000 under MSRP and I've not been able to do better then 2.7% under invoice. The farthest one was 1200 miles away. Someone is buying as the one at 1000 under MSRP sold 2 days later and one other red one sold a week later and the Punk'n one sold the same day I walked.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
New here.
If I could but a loaded Punk'n for $8700 off MSRP it would be setting in my garage.
In the last 3 weeks I tried to buy 3 or 4 different red ones. The boss decided she wanted Punk'n instead. In the last 3 weeks I've tried to buy 8 of those. The worst deal was $1,000 under MSRP and I've not been able to do better then 2.7% under invoice. The farthest one was 1200 miles away. Someone is buying as the one at 1000 under MSRP sold 2 days later and one other red one sold a week later and the Punk'n one sold the same day I walked.
@spenchey
another one.
shit, I got me a new side-hustle...
lol

OP
OP

goose77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 1986 CJ Laredo, 2018 ROXOR street legal
New here.

https://www.sunnysidechryslerdodge....haumburg-85e6e90f0a0e0a6b098e46ab46ceab62.htm I biought my JL from these guys and they gave a great price!

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Purchasing a new vehicle is the single greatest destructor of wealth there is.
Close. It's carrying a credit card balance (elective) and having a ton of healthcare costs (usually not by choice). I buy all my cars new, pay cash, and drive them for at least 10 years. One of my cars is 20 years old. When you buy a car new the only problems you are inheriting is the manufacturer's mistakes. Take care of your vehicle,

IMO, a convertible Jeep and a pickup truck with a 2" lift from the factory (warranteed), 35" tires, fully loaded for under 50k is a decent deal.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Part of me hopes sales suck and they cancel the vehicle after a 3 year run. Instant collector car!
Iā€˜ll pass on that thanks. I used to have a Saturn Sky Redline and killing it after 3 years just led to a bunch of discontinued and hard to find parts as they aged. Iā€˜d rather have a decent length production run and a vehicle I can keep going for many years to come.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
My local dealer started doing $12,000 off on LE a month or two ago. Maybe they're even lower now, who knows.
Sponsored