Sponsored

Deleted member 30519

Maybe I'm just in the honeymoon phase with my Gladiator and trying to justify my recent purchase, but I find that the Pentastar has plenty of power for this platform. This coming from a guy with an 850hp Mustang sitting in the garage. Certainly wouldn't complain about having a 392 under the hood but I have a feeling the added cost and fuel economy will make it impractical for 95% of buyers.
The only way I can justify it is 35k was my max purchase price:CWL: and knowing Chrysler they would only offer it in automatic anyway.
Sponsored

J.Noack

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner
I’d love to see this as a factory option. Give us options! If you love the V6, get it. Want a Diesel? Here you go! Like to do 4 wheel burnouts? Here’s a Hemi option.

Bought that V6 but want more power? Oh here’s a FACTORY bolt in kit to drop in a V8.

Bring it on!
Also let’s not forget that if they offer the V8 option, then the after market will quickly respond to provide various super charger options or maybe even better, safer bolt on turbo kits as they have every option imaginable at this point (we’ll maybe not twin turbo kits) for the V6 engine we all have.
Witha pro charger on that V8, I bet the power would rise to to a big boy kinda horsepower. Shit would be getting quick and lots of glorious carnage breakage videos sure to come!

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
This would be awesome and would definitely be hard not to trade up for one but the price I'm sure will be insane!

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want this so bad! Even a 5.7 like others have mentioned.

someone tell Jeep to put this into the Rubicon Trim and not just the Mojave or Sport. Please and thank you.

Sponsored

J.Noack

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner
This would be awesome and would definitely be hard not to trade up for one but the price I'm sure will be insane!
Man you know the drill, sometimes you just gotta get insane with it and make it happen!

J.Noack

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner
I want this so bad! Even a 5.7 like others have mentioned.

someone tell Jeep to put this into the Rubicon Trim and not just the Mojave or Sport. Please and thank you.
Agreed. Think of how much more power we’d have to tow the same things we already tow. Could be potentially fantastic.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
IF they do this, then they have to put in a stronger transmission, stronger transfer case, stronger axles, stronger drive shafts.

Your minimum entry price is going to be $70,000 give or take a few K. Then you add Rubicon extras and all the electronic wizardy and you're heading to $100,000.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
The transmission must be updated to the 8HP75, but the TC, driveshafts and axles are fine for all but the most aggressive rock crawlers.

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
The transmission must be updated to the 8HP75, but the TC, driveshafts and axles are fine for all but the most aggressive rock crawlers.

Oh you KNOW they won't miss a chance to upgrade across the board and charge a premium if they decide to do it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. Think of how much more power we’d have to tow the same things we already tow. Could be potentially fantastic.
Tow rating would probably go up to 10K (or more) if they reinforced the frame and put heavier duty springs in it to make up for the extra weight of the 6.4 Hemi and to keep it from getting too "bouncy" from the extra HP & TQ.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
how are you liking the 6.4 swap ? i follow lite bright on youtube they wheel the heck out of their 6.4 hemi wrangler.

MoparMadness

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sadly, I don’t think it will be an option when ordering. A Mopar kit to convert it is more likely.
Sponsored