Sponsored

Fire extinguishers

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Where are you mounting your fire extinguishers? I was thinking I could mount a 2 1/2 lbs. on the roll bar between the bar and cab. Boy was I wrong, no room at all. Really thought there was more room there. Kind of looking at the front of the storage box on the outside right above the tunnel hump.
Whats your thoughts or locations?
Mounted mine in front of passenger seat using Bracketeer. Reason: I want the fire extinguisher always immediately available to me, the driver, even while still in the driver's seat. Tight fit for the 2.5 lb, but it does fit.

Jeep Gladiator Fire extinguishers DSCF3200.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Fire extinguishers DSCF3199.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Mounted mine in front of passenger seat using Bracketeer. Reason: I want the fire extinguisher always immediately available to me, the driver, even while still in the driver's seat. Tight fit for the 2.5 lb, but it does fit.

Is this placement out of the way of your legs or the underside of your thigh?

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Do they catch on fire that much ?

Sponsored

thecalebclark

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I got a roll bar holder off amazon and the fire extinguisher from Walmart for like $25. The mount is solid and keeps it tight.

Jeep Gladiator Fire extinguishers CFC206F7-F8C8-4E7A-A3A3-92F4E2232F1F
Jeep Gladiator Fire extinguishers 051DBD85-31A4-4CF9-BD4B-C4754CED1E6B

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I rarely go full topless so I went for rear driver side roll bar. At a glance it looks weird to get out but I just have to tug on the Velcro straps and it comes out holder and all. I like that it just blends in back there.

Fishbone mount:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/fishbone-offroad/25lb-xtreme-fire-extinguisher-holder-FB55157

Fire can:
https://www.quadratec.com/products/98003_011X_PG.htm

Jeep Gladiator Fire extinguishers 051DBD85-31A4-4CF9-BD4B-C4754CED1E6B
I like that, it tucks out of the way but still accessible. I'm sold on this for me.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Jeep Gladiator Fire extinguishers 1596459617446
Is this placement out of the way of your legs or the underside of your thigh?
Yes, your knees will be projecting well past the extinguisher.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Organized trails require a fire extinguisher on your truck, and it's always a good idea to have one even if it's not required.
I have seen too many cars fires to not have one with me. Only four, but four too many.

There is one that really counts in my memory, as I was the only one at the scene to have an extinguisher with me, and I suppressed the fire until the fire department showed up. The driver was trapped inside.

It's not about putting out the fire in your vehicle, but someone else's. But if yours catches fire, you are ready.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Organized trails require a fire extinguisher on your truck, and it's always a good idea to have one even if it's not required.
Ok I was thinking maybe it was because of going on trials where the brush, etc could be dry. Those stick versions look interesting and don't take up much space but costly

Zacfrac

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Occupation
Consultant
One of the nice things about getting some sort of fire suppression device in your vehicle is that if it’s also your everyday vehicle you then have the superpower of “guy that always has fire extinguisher XX’ away”.

Mother in law sets Turkey on fire in oven? Lawnmower backfires into pile of leaves? Kids doing fireworks wrong again? Got drunk and used too much gasoline to start the campfire? Bam, quick solution is only as far away as your Jeep is, crisis averted, purchase justified.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
One of the nice things about getting some sort of fire suppression device in your vehicle is that if it’s also your everyday vehicle you then have the superpower of “guy that always has fire extinguisher XX’ away”.

Mother in law sets Turkey on fire in oven? Lawnmower backfires into pile of leaves? Kids doing fireworks wrong again? Got drunk and used too much gasoline to start the campfire? Bam, quick solution is only as far away as your Jeep is, crisis averted, purchase justified.
Exactly.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, this is what I ended up with and doing. Fits good and seems sturdy. I now it is not as easily accessible as one would like but it is quick and easy to get to.

Jeep Gladiator Fire extinguishers 1596459617446
I like that. Might look into mounting one here and also get one of the stick models to keep in the net pocket on my drivers door for quickest and then this as a backup if needed

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Ok I was thinking maybe it was because of going on trials where the brush, etc could be dry. Those stick versions look interesting and don't take up much space but costly
They are costly, but I always think that there is no price for someone's life.

I'm not so worried about my cars/trucks burning to the ground. That's what I have insurance for (well aside from the 1 of 1 car I have). Like others have mentioned, I carry them to TRY to save a life if needed.

I prefer the Element due to the length of time they are usable for. Although, I have both an Element and H3R extinguisher mounted in other vehicles.
Sponsored

Reactions: BAT