Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Q3 2020 sales figures are in and the Gladiator racked up 22,163 units sold in the US, a jump of 13.3% over Q2 sales and a 37% increase from Q2 2019 sales.

Q3 2020 Midsize Pickup Sales Stats:

MODELQ3 2020 SalesQ3 2019 Sales % Change (from Q3 2019)YTD Sales
Tacoma[To Come][To Come][To Come][To Come]
Ranger28,35026,211+ 8.2%74,338
Colorado27,25631,657- 13.9%41,273
Gladiator22,16316,132+ 37%68,529
Frontier7,21315,364- 53.1%26,287

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Gladiator Q3 2020 Sales Results Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 2.44.52 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
A number of people have asked about mine - I tell them I love it.
There have been at least 3 ladies asking because their husbands were interested in Jeeps and also said they needed a small truck. I suggested this could be both.
I hope my discussions with the people who have asked resulted in at least 2 or 3 sales. I've been stopped by some guys exiting businesses as I was going in and they saw me get out of the JT and asked about it.
Last year (2019) JT exposure was dismal - almost nothing for ads on TV and I'd have not really known about it except for being in a dealership as my wife was having her Grand Cherokee serviced. Other than me driving mine almost exclusively this year, I bet very few people in Iowa have seen one on the road!
Seems to me even those that Spencer sells end up leaving the state! Some go a fair distance.

Bigphe JT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 1979 Jeep CJ7
Very good news! I get a ton of folks asking about mine. Much more than any vehicle that I have ever owned. I even had an older Amish guy that was loading some rock for me the other day give a compliment of how much he liked it! My wife and I thought that would be a great Gladiator commercial!

Sponsored

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
Of all the cars and trucks I have owned in my life, this truck has been far and away the most popular with Everyday people. I can honestly say I get at least four to five compliments a week on it.
Just yesterday a couple of girls in a new Lexus stopped in the middle of the street and was staring at the truck as I was walking up to it, they asked if it was my truck and I said yes, driver replied “I absolutely love your Jeep, it’s the coolest truck I’ve seen” I said Thanks.
In another lifetime I would have asked for her number.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Strange that the Ranger sales are so much higher. Maybe it doesn't apply in Colorado. I'm starting to see Gladiators all over the place. I've seen exactly two new Rangers in the wild.

I was at a neighborhood BBQ a few weeks ago. One of the moms said to me , "My kids just LOVE your truck! They're always coming in and telling me Mr. Klutch has his tent open!". (I have a roof top tent.)

Last edited:

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
I’m waiting on my JTR, currently being built, my dealer let me drive a 2020 JTR for two days and I was stopped at gas stations, lights, stores...I’m a Jeep guy, I also have a JL that I’m keeping but I was shocked at the attention I was getting seeing as this this has been out for a year +......I think people will catch on and we have to keep in mind unlike the Ranger etc Jeep hasn’t been in this market for so long and when they were they weren’t a huge player...I predict the JT numbers will climb but it will always be an expensive niche product which I think fits it perfectly.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I think that's pretty impressive considering practically zero legacy truck buyers. However, I wonder how these Gladiator sales have impacted Wrangler and other Jeep model sales.

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
I think that's pretty impressive considering practically zero legacy truck buyers. However, I wonder how these Gladiator sales have impacted Wrangler and other Jeep model sales.
That is impressive, it isn’t hurting wrangler sales in any meaningful way, obviously some that would have purchased a JLU might buy a JT but the mainstream customers are different, so it appears they are largely adding to their base....This comes from my friend that owns several large dealerships, not my speculation...The Bronco on the other hand will be the soup du jour for a bit when that comes out, that certainly will hurt wrangler sales in some way.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I would not guess the impact was much. I was never going to be a Jeep customer, but the Gladiator sucked me in. I would consider a Wrangler now. So they made a Jeep fan out of me.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That is impressive, it isn’t hurting wrangler sales in any meaningful way, obviously some that would have purchased a JLU might buy a JT but the mainstream customers are different, so it appears they are largely adding to their base....This comes from my friend that owns several large dealerships, not my speculation...The Bronco on the other hand will be the soup du jour for a bit when that comes out, that certainly will hurt wrangler sales in some way.
Yeah, at this moment if I didn't have the Gladiator, I would be buying a Bronco. I am really glad I ended up going this route though. The Gladiator has turned out better than I was hoping.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
I would not guess the impact was much. I was never going to be a Jeep customer, but the Gladiator sucked me in. I would consider a Wrangler now. So they made a Jeep fan out of me.
Here's the full sales chart, including the Wrangler stats.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Gladiator Q3 2020 Sales Results Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 2.44.52 PM

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Here's the full sales chart, including the Wrangler stats.

So is there just one dude driving around with a new Patriot in the Q3?

Tapped_Out

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Military
Strange that the Ranger sales are so much higher. Maybe it doesn't apply in Colorado. I'm starting to see Gladiators all over the place. I've seen exactly two new Rangers in the wild.

I was at a neighborhood BBQ a few weeks ago. One of the moms said to me , "My kids just LOVE your truck! They're always coming in and telling me Mr. Klutch has his tent open!". (I have a roof top tent.)
I've seen discounts in Florida on Rangers at high volume dealers ranging between $5k and $9k. That kind of "magical" pricing --because that's all they're really worth, to begin with--tends to generate big sales numbers. Just my opinion.
Sponsored