Sponsored

stylindylan

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited ( JL)
Where are these "Texas Trail's" that Jeep is referring to? I've been in Austin for 7 years and driven around most of Tejas and I don't think I've seen more privatized land in a state than here. Marble Falls and Big Bend are the few destination wheeling spots. WA, OR, CA, ID and CO have way more forest roads and public trails. If ya'll are aware of these storied Texas Trails then I guess I don't know the right landowners to get permission from.
Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Where are these "Texas Trail's" that Jeep is referring to? I've been in Austin for 7 years and driven around most of Tejas and I don't think I've seen more privatized land in a state than here. Marble Falls and Big Bend are the few destination wheeling spots. WA, OR, CA, ID and CO have way more forest roads and public trails. If ya'll are aware of these storied Texas Trails then I guess I don't know the right landowners to get permission from.
Miles and miles of beach to cruise. Check out the Matagorda Seashore, jeep does some fun rides there. I linked the website with some of the other trails.

Offroad Trails in Texas (trailsoffroad.com)

Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail Edition Gladiator Trim 1607641505764

stylindylan

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited ( JL)
Miles and miles of beach to cruise. Check out the Matagorda Seashore, jeep does some fun rides there. I linked the website with some of the other trails.

Offroad Trails in Texas (trailsoffroad.com)

Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail Edition Gladiator Trim 1607641505764
You're right! The beaches count too but that's only if you have the Islander Edition :LOL:🌴Been to Diamond Beach, Port A, and South Padre. Don't recall this one but will get to it on next coastal trip. Thanks!

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Seems like a lot of confusion with the Texas Trail Trim. I will list out what is standard over the Willys Package to hopefully put to rest the idea that the TT is a re-stickered Willys. First off there is no max-tow on the TT or upgraded shocks, Trac-Loc, or convivence package standard like the Willys. The TT MSRP is $41,500 and Willys is $40,755. In my opinion the TT is more of an Overland comparison with standard hard-top, leather, better bumper, tow package, and better wheels, while the Willy's is tuned a little more off-road.

TT Adds as standard equipment over the Willys
Hardtop, rear window, rear defroster, bag
Leather seats including rear cup holder
Trailer Tow Package with 240 Amp/Class IV hitch
Side Steps
Front and Rear floor mats

Last edited:

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
You're right! The beaches count too but that's only if you have the Islander Edition :LOL:🌴Been to Diamond Beach, Port A, and South Padre. Don't recall this one but will get to it on next coastal trip. Thanks!
Look up PINS Matagorda Beach. It's a worthy trip. It's a 22 mile stretch of uninhabited beach. Do research on where to drive and if you don't have a winch go with a buddy. I plan to run mine there. I will say, contrary to what you see others do, stay away from the shoreline. There is pockets that collapse from vehicle weight made by currents and the tide. Almost impossible to get unstuck by yourself and when the tide comes in it's over. Run the high tide line (you can see the debris) and you will be fine.
Surf Fishing Matagorda Beach Texas 22 miles of beach (thebeachangler.com)

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Look up PINS Matagorda Beach. It's a worthy trip. It's a 22 mile stretch of uninhabited beach. Do research on where to drive and if you don't have a winch go with a buddy. I plan to run mine there. I will say, contrary to what you see others do, stay away from the shoreline. There is pockets that collapse from vehicle weight made by currents and the tide. Almost impossible to get unstuck by yourself and when the tide comes in it's over. Run the high tide line (you can see the debris) and you will be fine.
👍

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Always lots of hate for my great state of Texas from the monkey gallery! Yes, Texas is my home state, (58 years)I’m a native of Texas (5th generation no less). Texas is a “State of Mind” and though I do love living in SW Florida ( No WINTER!) Texas will always be home, and Texas Edition pickups will ALWAYS be the best!
High five! I don’t have a family tree in front of me, but my mom’s side has been in Texas since 1854. Immigrated directly from Poland. SKipped all those east coast ports of entry and sailed directly for the Promised Land!

Sponsored

Burton79

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Occupation
Federal Government
This is what you’re getting on Texas Trail, keep in mind that it will more than likely be built on the Sport Model if you build it from a dealer.

6C96CF03-0217-4CB0-93F1-5B15D39AC93F.png

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Would not advise running PINS without someone else who has 4 wheel drive and one of you has a winch. We do Kayak Fishing trips out of PINS and its always someone getting stuck even with 4 wheel drive. Bring some traction boards also if you go. I haven't gone in my truck yet but have been with other kayakers. There are some trails in the Sam Houston Forest but I have not been on them yet. Trying to find someone who is familiar with them that I could tag along. New to owning a Jeep so don't know a ton of Jeep folks around here and most of the one's I do know just mall crawlers

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Comes with hooker headers.

I am waiting for the Nevada edition. A poker table in the truck bed and a showgirl in the entertainment package.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Y'all made bourbon come out my nose.
But if you wanted to gamble on trails you'd buy a Turd Taco and leave it stock.

And Dana 35 axles so you can gamble on the trails.
Sponsored