First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
Morning. Any idea when the 2021 Jan Ordering guide should come out? Looking to place an order ASAP and wondering if its worth waiting. Thx!

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin

Sponsored

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I’m kind of pulling my hair out here. I put money down on a diesel Rubicon. The website build and price shows the spray in bedliner available. It is not... unless you get the Pentastar. The Pentastar and diesel come down the same assembly line, right?

The dealership says not to worry about it and just have a Line-X sprayed in.

That will be challenging spraying around the lights, 110 outlet, hooks, and trail rail system. To do this correctly is about $200 more than the factory spray in.

My question and concern is that if Jeep has decided that a spray in bedliner is a good idea on the gasoline motor and a bad idea on the diesel motor, wouldn’t it also be a bad idea for me to spray it in after the fact? What am I missing?
I told the dealership to hold my deposit and sit tight while this gets figured out.

The official letter I got today from Jeep simply states that the bedliner is not available in the diesel and to contact my dealership.

Uhhhh. Did they seriously not understand the question? Or, like the trailer brake controller, is this another question they’re going to refuse to answer?

If anybody has any thoughts, I am all ears.

Thanks

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I took my JT to a Line-X shop and they did the bed for $525... so not that much ore than having it done in production. Definitely not $200... and it's got a lifetime warranty. I mean, it sucks that they don't seem to be able to do it and you'd have to do it yourself, but its really not that hard to do afterwards.

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JT Past: 97 ZJ, 14 JKU, 18 WK2
I’m kind of pulling my hair out here. I put money down on a diesel Rubicon. The website build and price shows the spray in bedliner available. It is not... unless you get the Pentastar. The Pentastar and diesel come down the same assembly line, right?

The dealership says not to worry about it and just have a Line-X sprayed in.

That will be challenging spraying around the lights, 110 outlet, hooks, and trail rail system. To do this correctly is about $200 more than the factory spray in.

My question and concern is that if Jeep has decided that a spray in bedliner is a good idea on the gasoline motor and a bad idea on the diesel motor, wouldn’t it also be a bad idea for me to spray it in after the fact? What am I missing?
I told the dealership to hold my deposit and sit tight while this gets figured out.

The official letter I got today from Jeep simply states that the bedliner is not available in the diesel and to contact my dealership.

Uhhhh. Did they seriously not understand the question? Or, like the trailer brake controller, is this another question they’re going to refuse to answer?

If anybody has any thoughts, I am all ears.

Thanks
Never trust the online build and price. It is always incorrect and outdated.

There are many options that get rejected for no reason at all. The computer just won’t accept an order that way. I have heard getting the diesel rejects black wheels, cold weather package, bed liner, and more options that have nothing to do with the engine. The order system used nationwide requires and rejects certain options on different engines, trims, manual trans, etc. for no practical reason. And, this changes from time to time.

Jeep didn‘t decide bed liner is good on gas and bad on diesel. It’s just not allowed currently; maybe will be next week, next month, never?

Many people that have gotten factory bed liner wait weeks longer than without, sometimes it sits in that phase for long due to the process being contracted out to another facility. Also, LINE-X, Rhino, Bullet are all said to be thicker and stronger than factory and they are professionals that will have no issue plugging holes and masking off lights, etc. I went without bed liner for these reasons and my gas Jeep was delivered shy of 6 weeks from order!

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JT Past: 97 ZJ, 14 JKU, 18 WK2
I took my JT to a Line-X shop and they did the bed for $525... so not that much ore than having it done in production. Definitely not $200... and it's got a lifetime warranty. I mean, it sucks that they don't seem to be able to do it and you'd have to do it yourself, but its really not that hard to do afterwards.
Depends where you are. My 3 closest LINE-X shops quoted $700 for just the standard version.

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I meant $200 over the cost of the factory spray in. I’m getting quotes of around $650. I guess I will go that route. I’m eager to get this going.

Sponsored

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
I started a thread on this topic on the main forum... Summary was it better to have to done aftermarket but get a good shop.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I meant $200 over the cost of the factory spray in. I’m getting quotes of around $650. I guess I will go that route. I’m eager to get this going.
That sucks that it's so high in your area, when I got mine quoted i got a $525 quote from 3 different places.

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I am told without the trail rail system, electrical outlet and lights, it would be much cheaper but this, apparently, is much more labor-intensive. That makes sense to me. I’ve pretty much resigned to go after market but I just wanted to be sure that I wasn’t missing something.

if Jeep thinks it’s a bad idea, I simply want to know why because I don’t get it.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I’m throwing a bed rug in mine. I’ve seen one guy who didn’t like it but after stuff slide around in a liner and the fading I’m ready for a change.

mnf1fan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Challenger Hellcat. 17' Grand Cherokee SRT, 2021 Mojave,Loaded.
I’m throwing a bed rug in mine. I’ve seen one guy who didn’t like it but after stuff slide around in a liner and the fading I’m ready for a change.
I have the spray liner but I also picked up one of the large rubber mats to lay on top. Overkill, yes. But stuff doesn't slide around.
Sponsored