Sponsored

SuperPacific Switchback X1 Canopy Camper for Gladiators!

nosepatrol

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nosepatrol.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Business Owner
Hey Everyone, I'm currently working with SuperPacific a new player in the canopy camper market to develop their Gladiator model. Their Tacoma and F-150 models just wen into full production. They have the fastest lead-time and I think the lowest price compared to all the other canopy wedge camper/tents available. Hit them up on instagram or via email if your are interested and we can get the Gladiator further up in the que!

Jeep Gladiator SuperPacific Switchback X1 Canopy Camper for Gladiators! Super+Pacific+Switchback+Adventure+System
Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Hey Everyone, I'm currently working with SuperPacific a new player in the canopy camper market to develop their Gladiator model. Their Tacoma and F-150 models just wen into full production. They have the fastest lead-time and I think the lowest price compared to all the other canopy wedge camper/tents available. Hit them up on instagram or via email if your are interested and we can get the Gladiator further up in the que!

Jeep Gladiator SuperPacific Switchback X1 Canopy Camper for Gladiators! Super+Pacific+Switchback+Adventure+System
With all of the wedge campers that have popped up in the last year, I really like these guys the best. Price, timeline aside... I just love the design and unexpected features it includes. (I had been all GFC for the past 2 years, but realize their leadtime is too great and ultimately I like the aluminum frame more.)

I keep seeing them say they have a Gladiator they're working on but I don't know what that means specifically, I wonder if that's yours? I hope to see a picture soon. Once I see one ON a Gladiator it'll get much harder to not try to put down a deposit.

dsundy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Anyone seen or heard an update? I took the leap of faith and put a deposit down, but haven’t seen a single Gladiator pic yet. It’s killing me!

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Anyone seen or heard an update? I took the leap of faith and put a deposit down, but haven’t seen a single Gladiator pic yet. It’s killing me!
Nothing yet. There is a big thread over on expeditionportal as well, but no Gladiator stuff yet.

SP seems active on social media, but no gladiators there either.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
From everything I've seen, I don't think you'll be disappointed (meaning all the pics on other trucks, I haven't seen one on a Gladiator either.) The company seems legit as do their designs. I wish I were in the position to put a deposit down and be able to follow through with the payment... I hope we see something soon!

brookie0907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ UR 2020 JT Rubicon
Price increased to almost $10K. Makes my GFC more attractive for sure.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
With the v2 GFC reveal, I was already leaning back that direction... and this just makes it easier to stop looking at the SuperPacific.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Yikes. Way too much. Whatever this has that the GFC doesnt have, I can add in an hour for less than $200. And I am over compensating on that $200.

And shit, it is 300 lbs while the GFC V2 is a right around 200 and is built for rock crawling, desert running, etc.

Hard pass. Glad I went with GFC instead of waiting on this.

ArmyJeepGuy666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I was very excited for this as an overlanding option.....but for that price I can get a custom teardrop trailer!!!! Would have purchased if it was like up to $3,500 but no way can I justify almost 10 grand.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I was very excited for this as an overlanding option.....but for that price I can get a custom teardrop trailer!!!! Would have purchased if it was like up to $3,500 but no way can I justify almost 10 grand.
The more i go back and forth and try and justify the cost the more I head that direction. I picked up the tent attachment for my softopper, I’m building a bed box to raise it all up and extend onto the tailgate and i bought an Exped Megamat duo and now I have a sleeping solution for much less. I’ll be looking at building or buying a teardrop which is my wife’s preference (climbing down a ladder or into the truck bed to go the the bathroom at night has never been appealing to her.)

If I get to the point that I’m doing a lot of solo stuff then I’ll look into building the “DIY GFC” which can be done for under 4K (and I already have the mattress so I’m slightly cheaper already.)

BTW I can cast no shade on EITHER of these camper makers, they're both taking their own path to awesome campers and I don't think either is wrong. I don't really need a "huckable" camper but i do like the longevity that comes with the aluminum panels + rivets that SuperPacific does.

I feel like GFC is all about light and "keep your truck a truck" and SP is all about creating a long term overland topper. I like them both, i like the SuperPacific more because it's a longer tent area that you can stand up in while the bed is fully set up. I like these 2 so much more than the Vagabond or Alucab options though.

Last edited:

Lucrob

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
PPF & Large format graphics production
Yikes. Way too much. Whatever this has that the GFC doesnt have, I can add in an hour for less than $200. And I am over compensating on that $200.

And shit, it is 300 lbs while the GFC V2 is a right around 200 and is built for rock crawling, desert running, etc.

Hard pass. Glad I went with GFC instead of waiting on this.
You'll never be able modify the GFC to bring it up to par with the SP. It's just fundamentally inferior from the ground up. Your weight numbers are wrong. SP is355# and the V2 has yet to be called out officially, but 300# has been bounced around by Grant. The weight savings is resulting in frames coming loose. See what V2 owners are experiencing on thier blog.

They're both expensive, but that's to be expected with smaller companies doing limited production products. Never going to sell enough to get production cost down. But shopping with your wallet instead of yo
a fact based research will lead to regrets.

OI have a build slot with GFC & SP. I'm selling the GFC deposit. Nice people, trying hard. In time they'll get it down, but it's not worth the $2k savings to me to endure an inferior product that will play such an important role in my travels.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You'll never be able modify the GFC to bring it up to par with the SP. It's just fundamentally inferior from the ground up. Your weight numbers are wrong. SP is355# and the V2 has yet to be called out officially, but 300# has been bounced around by Grant. The weight savings is resulting in frames coming loose. See what V2 owners are experiencing on thier blog.

They're both expensive, but that's to be expected with smaller companies doing limited production products. Never going to sell enough to get production cost down. But shopping with your wallet instead of yo
a fact based research will lead to regrets.

OI have a build slot with GFC & SP. I'm selling the GFC deposit. Nice people, trying hard. In time they'll get it down, but it's not worth the $2k savings to me to endure an inferior product that will play such an important role in my travels.
Inferior how? I looked at both myself, I want the best product feasible. Pricepoints and offroading, GFC is the clear winner in my book.

GFC V2 tent is 75lbs. The frame is 135 lbs. Total weight is around 210lbs The V1 was 275 so you are clearly mistaken there.

What makes the SP so much better that I can't do myself in an hour? I couldn't find a damn thing. I'm genuinely curious

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
It's just fundamentally inferior from the ground up.
This is really not a useful statement. Opinions and user specific desires/needs will make one "better" than the other, but a judgement of "inferior" isn't empirically true for all users. The v2 only has a handful in the wild, so its really way too early to start saying it's no good.

I have no dog in this race as both have been priced out of reality for my purposes, but I have investigated both thoroughly enough to feel fairly well versed. The ONLY data point that isn't clear is if the v2 is breaking for people... which I think maybe @Lucrob saying? I could find 1 post on the GFC forums suggesting the bolts came loose on the drive home from picking it up.

If I had an unlimited budget today, I'd get the Super Pacific ONLY because it's longer and lets you stand in the bed while the bed is fully deployed. I would regret losing removable panels, but otherwise it seems like nobody is losing if they choose one over the other.

While you're drooling over toppers, someone should also talk about Hiatus-Campers, though they are current projecting new builds to start in May 2023. That's right, pay today, wait 2 years for it to be built.

What we really need is MORE small companies building roughly the same stuff so the lead times stop sucking so bad.

Last edited:

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is really not a useful statement. Opinions and user specific desires/needs will make one "better" than the other, but a judgement of "inferior" isn't empirically true for all users.

I have no dog in this race as both have been priced out of reality for my purposes, but I have investigated both thoroughly enough to feel fairly well versed. The ONLY data point that isn't clear is if the v2 is breaking for people... which I think maybe @Lucrob saying?

If I had an unlimited budget today, I'd get the Super Pacific ONLY because it's longer and lets you stand in the bed while the bed is fully deployed. I would regret losing removable panels, but otherwise it seems like nobody is losing if they choose one over the other.

While you're drooling over toppers, someone should also talk about Hiatus-Campers, though they are current projecting new builds to start in May 2023. That's right, pay today, wait 2 years for it to be built.

What we really need is MORE small companies building roughly the same stuff so the lead times stop sucking so bad.
I agree with you on all of this. I guess I have a "dog in the race" as I am going to pick up my GFC in two weeks.

However I was ready to sell my spot once this was posted.

So far, there have been two total complaints of one or more frame screws coming loose on the V2 GFC. I can only assume that this was fixed in production, but who knows. It is a major issue that is for sure. Not sure I would put it as it is "breaking" but it IS a major hazard if someone doesn't notice it.

SP has the length for sure. But you can stand in the GFC so unsure what you mean, am I missing something?

SP also has channels for wiring. Which I think is fantastic and people with GFC's having been asking for, but that will be $20 and 10 minutes for me to put in lol.

Overall, the weight savings, price savings and that GFC's are able to withstand some hardcore crawling is what drew me to it over the SP. As of now we do not know if the SP can take offroading on difficult trails. Only time will tell. I love when there is competition out there, it forces companies to enhance their products. Baseless opinions though...yikes. Hard pass.
Sponsored