Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Two questions:
Did it fit looks tight?
Do you have to back out?
Now that my daughter and three grandchildren live near Naples, the 22 hour drive is too much time.....Jack

OP
OP
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, cj8, cj7
Occupation
Business owner
Two questions:
Did it fit looks tight?
Do you have to back out?
Now that my daughter and three grandchildren live near Naples, the 22 hour drive is too much time.....Jack
and 22 hours in a Jeep going down 95 is not the most fun but once in Florida you can’t beat it

-Fits fine with 2” lift and 37s....check their web sight for exact vehicle size limits

They put it on the train ...you pull up to the front of the station and they take it from there

they drive them out for forward at the arrival station

and you can bring trailers too ...huge plus

OP
OP
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, cj8, cj7
Occupation
Business owner
how was the experience? I've been looking at an autotrain option for a trip i'm planning.
been doing it for years ...always a good experience

dinner in the dinning car ...cocktail at night in the bar...then to bed...hot shower in the morning and breakfast ...deboard and on your way around 9:30am

Sponsored

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2019 JLUR
They also load motorcycles! I took my Indian Roadmaster onto the Lorton Autotrain on a Friday evening, got off in Sanford next morning, and road it all the way to Key West. Rode it back to Northern Virginia the following Friday. My motorcycle was the only one that went down that day, first on first off.

Highly recommend getting the small private cabin. Having access to a shower is convenient and comfortable trip.

Jeep Gladiator Auto train ...Lorton VA to Sanford FL....then driving south to jetski 45378C22-AEB9-445B-8007-9BF3EFE42F7F

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Great way to travel with a vehicle without having to drive, but pricey!

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
Great way to travel with a vehicle without having to drive, but pricey!
It is pricey but then you don't have to rent a car once you're there..............so its it really?

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2021 BMW M2, 2012 Monster 1100evo
Occupation
Business Intelligence
It is pricey but then you don't have to rent a car once you're there..............so its it really?
The alternative would be driving from VA to Orlando, which is easiest to do as a 2 day trip. Even with a hotel factored in this is still more expensive if you get a room that sleeps 2 (~$650 as of now for Feb)... but you're paying a premium to not have to do the drive so I get it. For coach it's $115 a seat fwiw.

Can someone who has used this write a review on here? I'm very interested as a VA resident with family in Florida.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
How have I never heard of this?!
link for info?

edit nevermin. Doubt dc to fl is a route I’ll ever take. Never been on a train I was hoping it might be a thing to lots of destinations

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Me and my wife did this same Auto Train run maybe 3-4 years ago. Kind of a neat experience but after going down and back for a Disney Orlando trip, kind of felt like a wash in terms of time and money spent vs. driving or flying instead.