Stuff I wish vendors made...

1968Cutlass

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Seems like there are a few thing I wish were available, but aren’t.

So how about a thread to ask vendors to consider making some accessories?

- how about LED tail lights WITH a cage around them? Gladiator tail lights protrude pretty far, just begging to be smacked by brush

- how about a mounted bottle opener like you can get for earlier Wranglers?

- maybe a true Ram air set up for the Mojave hood scoop? (Could use a 3D printer for that)

- what about Jerry can or water can holders for the inside or outside of the truck bed?

these are just a few ideas. Please post your comments or your own ideas in response!😄
Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Inexpensive shields to put over the headlights so that the headlight lenses don't get beat up on trails. I opted for glass headlight lenses on my Wrangler primarily because of this. And at thirteen years and a quarter million miles, including the Dalton and Dempster Highways, they are just as shiny and bright and clear as the day I installed them (though I do have a rock guard over them).

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Inexpensive shields to put over the headlights so that the headlight lenses don't get beat up on trails. I opted for glass headlight lenses on my Wrangler primarily because of this. And at thirteen years and a quarter million miles, including the Dalton and Dempster Highways, they are just as shiny and bright and clear as the day I installed them (though I do have a rock guard over them).
These might help. If you give them your email, you can get 10% off.
https://lamin-x.com/jeep-gladiator-rubicon-overland-20-headlight-covers.html

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Not a huge fan of glass headlights for the same reason I don't like them on track cars... You're doing it right with guards but the average person won't and glass on trail because someone smashed one is no bueno.

They are significantly more durable though... maybe some laminated glass or something would be doable since LED lights aren't nearly as hot.

Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Not a huge fan of glass headlights for the same reason I don't like them on track cars... You're doing it right with guards but the average person won't and glass on trail because someone smashed one is no bueno.

They are significantly more durable though... maybe some laminated glass or something would be doable since LED lights aren't nearly as hot.
I've never seen a headlight break, though I did have a driving light get damaged. The glass was good, but the mounting tab and plastic protective shield were destroyed ...

3:20 if not forwarded automatically ...

But I do agree that when glass breaks, it is a mess. I've seen two windows damaged by tree limbs, one mine ...
8:44 if not forwarded ...

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I’d like to see a Gorilla glass windshield with an AM/FM radio antenna integrated into it for an option to get rid of the old one.
And also combined with an heating / defrosting option!
Not particularly practical, especially considering the folding windshield.
How are you going to get wiring from here to there?

Kevin

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Mopar makes the Hydro-Glide ram air intake for the Mojave hood, it is just installed on the Wrangler 392. I'm waiting to see a 392 in person, or see better pictures of the system as I wouldliketo open my scoop.......Jack

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not particularly practical, especially considering the folding windshield.
How are you going to get wiring from here to there?

Kevin
[/QUOTE
Just like the other cars that have them. Totally doable even if the windshield folds. I don’t intend on folding mine so there’s that.
Sponsored