Diesel Lift Reality

Woolf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptors
The rear is so much easier if you loosen all of the control arms, track bar, and pull the sway bar links. With that done, everything falls out and in. I was foolish and didn't do that on one side, but did on the other. Sorry for the bad picture, but this is a 3.5" Clayton Overland Plus and Fox 2.0s, with a 1" spacer in the front and Evo Overland brackets on 38s. I could not be happier with everything. It rides and drives very well.

Jeep Gladiator Diesel Lift Reality 20210308_201140
Sponsored

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Front is in. Just need to torque it on the ground.

The front was actually easier than the rear. I found the axle in front dropped down further and springs easily came out.

The rear required some encouragement. ;)

PS there is no way the factory is torquing things to their own specs. With a normal sized ratchet, I could break things loose. When torquing, I had to really press/pull. I’m not the strongest guy in the world but I weigh 265lbs and can do reps on the bench of 200lbs; but had to really work.
I know what you mean. When I installed my Mopar lift, I was literally hanging with all my body weight to get it to the 165 ft. lbs. it wanted in certain areas.

Also, you might want to look into getting a front adjustable track bar. My axle shifted about an inch after the Mopar lift install. Put the JKS adjustable trackbar on and it's centered perfectly now.

OP
OP

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
The rear is so much easier if you loosen all of the control arms, track bar, and pull the sway bar links. With that done, everything falls out and in. I was foolish and didn't do that on one side, but did on the other. Sorry for the bad picture, but this is a 3.5" Clayton Overland Plus and Fox 2.0s, with a 1" spacer in the front and Evo Overland brackets on 38s. I could not be happier with everything. It rides and drives very well.

20210308_201140.jpg
That looks really good!
I did have everything loose. Wish I had a lift to install the lift!

Everything is done and the ride is somehow more firm and compliant at the same time.

I know what you mean. When I installed my Mopar lift, I was literally hanging with all my body weight to get it to the 165 ft. lbs. it wanted in certain areas.

Also, you might want to look into getting a front adjustable track bar. My axle shifted about an inch after the Mopar lift install. Put the JKS adjustable trackbar on and it's centered perfectly now.
JKS is probably what I’ll go with if needed.
It looks like the front is higher, but it isn’t. 35” tires, Mopar 2” diesel lift with 1/2” spacer up front. (Makes it close to level but will compensate perfectly for a winch.)

Jeep Gladiator Diesel Lift Reality 3C813FAF-D6C0-434E-9925-E41BAFAB3202

Hostile4Jeeps

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Okay… did she make or miss the basket she was shooting in the pic above? ;)

Also, is that only a 1/2” level with a 2” mopar lift on a JTRD? Looks high in front for only a 1/2”. It looks more like 1.5”?

OP
OP

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Okay… did she make or miss the basket she was shooting in the pic above? ;)

Also, is that only a 1/2” level with a 2” mopar lift on a JTRD? Looks high in front for only a 1/2”. It looks more like 1.5”?
Nothing but net!

The angle of the photo is distorting the front. It’s only 1/2” spacer up front with the 2” mopar diesel lift.

there is still some factory rake.

Sponsored

TNJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra
Order the teraflex 1.5" front spacer and have it installed at the same time. My diesel specific mopar lift gave me about 1" of lift in the front. The rake was unbelievable. In the end I ended up ditching the mopar springs for Rock Krawler 3" diesel springs. Now I'm 100% satisfied with lift and performance.
Pics?

M3r1c4

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Occupation
IT Manager

20210308_201140.jpg

Jeep Gladiator Diesel Lift Reality 3C813FAF-D6C0-434E-9925-E41BAFAB3202
It looks like you have a similar setup. Stock/lighter bumpers and no added racks/weight. You put on the Clayton overland + for Diesel? I was afraid that if they are planning the springs for diesel and overland weight it might be to harsh or stiff. Now that you have had it for a while still happy?
Sponsored