Diesel Lift Reality

Woolf

First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptors
The rear is so much easier if you loosen all of the control arms, track bar, and pull the sway bar links. With that done, everything falls out and in. I was foolish and didn't do that on one side, but did on the other. Sorry for the bad picture, but this is a 3.5" Clayton Overland Plus and Fox 2.0s, with a 1" spacer in the front and Evo Overland brackets on 38s. I could not be happier with everything. It rides and drives very well.

20210308_201140.jpg

Ted Striker

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Front is in. Just need to torque it on the ground.

The front was actually easier than the rear. I found the axle in front dropped down further and springs easily came out.

The rear required some encouragement. ;)

PS there is no way the factory is torquing things to their own specs. With a normal sized ratchet, I could break things loose. When torquing, I had to really press/pull. I’m not the strongest guy in the world but I weigh 265lbs and can do reps on the bench of 200lbs; but had to really work.
I know what you mean. When I installed my Mopar lift, I was literally hanging with all my body weight to get it to the 165 ft. lbs. it wanted in certain areas.

Also, you might want to look into getting a front adjustable track bar. My axle shifted about an inch after the Mopar lift install. Put the JKS adjustable trackbar on and it's centered perfectly now.

OP

CerOf

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
The rear is so much easier if you loosen all of the control arms, track bar, and pull the sway bar links. With that done, everything falls out and in. I was foolish and didn't do that on one side, but did on the other. Sorry for the bad picture, but this is a 3.5" Clayton Overland Plus and Fox 2.0s, with a 1" spacer in the front and Evo Overland brackets on 38s. I could not be happier with everything. It rides and drives very well.

20210308_201140.jpg
That looks really good!
I did have everything loose. Wish I had a lift to install the lift!

Everything is done and the ride is somehow more firm and compliant at the same time.

I know what you mean. When I installed my Mopar lift, I was literally hanging with all my body weight to get it to the 165 ft. lbs. it wanted in certain areas.

Also, you might want to look into getting a front adjustable track bar. My axle shifted about an inch after the Mopar lift install. Put the JKS adjustable trackbar on and it's centered perfectly now.
JKS is probably what I’ll go with if needed.
It looks like the front is higher, but it isn’t. 35” tires, Mopar 2” diesel lift with 1/2” spacer up front. (Makes it close to level but will compensate perfectly for a winch.)

3C813FAF-D6C0-434E-9925-E41BAFAB3202.jpeg

Advertisement

Advertisement