Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Ouch.

Yes, waiting for the locksmith/tow truck is worth it. I locked myself out on a trip and called AAA. He had it unlocked in minutes using a series of wedges on the driver door. Only damage was a very minor nick in the weather seal. The door flexed enough to not even scratch the paint. One plus for those aluminum doors.

Went out and got a lock box and extra key the next week. Now I never have to worry about it.
Sage advice.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Or maybe call a friend to pick you up and bring you back with the 2nd key??

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Cherry one owner...
lol. NO LOWBALLERS. I KNOW WHAT I'VE GOT.

But seriously, sorry for your loss. I might have freaked for my dog's sake too. Interestingly enough, the past few months have been the first in about 20 years where my truck's rear slider wouldn't just open if you pulled on it. Used to be able to climb halfway through the thing but I finally got a power slider installed.

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
Couldn't you have unbolted the rear door hinges and had a friend hold the door slightly open from the front to reach in and unlock it then open the handle and just remove the door?

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
The door closers would obviously kill that idea, that and how little flex you would get out of the latch side.

Sorry to hear about the damage. Lockouts suck.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
How much is just the slider part of the rear window, if you had to in an emergency and had access to a long enough stick or broom handle etc

Skull

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Aircraft Technician
The back order is probably actually due to a problem with the seal between the roll down portion of the window and the stationary window. The seal is cut, torn, rolling out on the upper portion. The entire seal assembly comes with new window. Not sure of how many gladiators have been affected by warranty claims.

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
Cardboard template, wood paneling, jigsaw & some 100mph duck tape. Cherry one owner...

image.jpg
Actually doesn't look too bad! Get yourself some Gaffers tape next time and you will never go back, all the qualities of duct tape but it comes off much easier and leaves no residue!
Sponsored