Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
My father was right. “Do it right the first time you don’t have to Jack with it again. If you don’t have the time to get it right, you won’t have the time to do it twice.”

Great quote.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Rachel,

Thanks for the update - while it's sad to not have the lights sooner, it's good to know that you're checking and double-checking before you send them out. That's much better than some companies who rely on the first batch of users to be their beta testers!
We thank you for your understanding here! Definitely understand the disappointment, and we want the first production run to be of the same great quality customers have come to expect from ORACLE Lighting. :)

Way I read it is 20 days from Oracle notice today. June 28th hopefully. I would think with this information they will be shipping product by the end of the month.
Correct, our updated estimate is that they will be ready to start shipping out then. They will ship out in the lineup in which orders were placed. Tracking notifications will, of course, go out to customers when theirs ships.

Not sure I have a warm and fuzzy feeling if the vendor is worried about product quality because of global shortages. Do they not know what the are buying by now?
We definitely understand that waiting is not the option most customers are looking for -- but at the end of the day, our top priority is providing a great quality light that will ultimately satisfy our customers. This additional QC is less about worry and more double-checking that everyone will have a seamless install and use.

While we are pushing as hard as we can to get these out asap, there would be little point if we didn't take the time to do our due diligence of ensuring they meet our rigorous standards. We stand behind our products and put our policies into place to protect our customers' investment in our products. If you are uncomfortable with this wait for additional QC, we are happy to assist you with a cancellation. Please PM us your order information if this is the case.

‘Supply chain is so jacked up these days, it can be difficult for folks not in manufacturing to grasp the number of dependencies and how they stack up so quickly for even simple products. While the vendor generally knows what they are buying, the details of the internals can vary. Ensuring all substitutions perform as desired is needed. Personally, I want a quality product. If that means a bit of delay for validation, so be it. I get beat to death at work on delivery dates by people with zero skills in getting any of the work done. Their sole reason for being is to “want it now”. This is a reputable vendor. They will deliver.

My father was right. “Do it right the first time you don’t have to Jack with it again. If you don’t have the time to get it right, you won’t have the time to do it twice.” This taught me patience and a sense of pride to get things right.
Your father's quote is a great one, and thank you for your comments here! While it's understandable that customers want their product asap, manufacturing a new product under these shortages and constraints has proven tricky for businesses big and small. We aren't willing to sacrifice quality, and we want to get it right for y'all as well!

Thanks all for your patience and comments here. If you have further questions, feel free to leave a reply or PM us for assistance/clarification. We are always happy to help.

-Rachel

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
We thank you for your understanding here! Definitely understand the disappointment, and we want the first production run to be of the same great quality customers have come to expect from ORACLE Lighting. :)

Correct, our updated estimate is that they will be ready to start shipping out then. They will ship out in the lineup in which orders were placed. Tracking notifications will, of course, go out to customers when theirs ships.

We definitely understand that waiting is not the option most customers are looking for -- but at the end of the day, our top priority is providing a great quality light that will ultimately satisfy our customers. This additional QC is less about worry and more double-checking that everyone will have a seamless install and use.

While we are pushing as hard as we can to get these out asap, there would be little point if we didn't take the time to do our due diligence of ensuring they meet our rigorous standards. We stand behind our products and put our policies into place to protect our customers' investment in our products. If you are uncomfortable with this wait for additional QC, we are happy to assist you with a cancellation. Please PM us your order information if this is the case.

Your father's quote is a great one, and thank you for your comments here! While it's understandable that customers want their product asap, manufacturing a new product under these shortages and constraints has proven tricky for businesses big and small. We aren't willing to sacrifice quality, and we want to get it right for y'all as well!

Thanks all for your patience and comments here. If you have further questions, feel free to leave a reply or PM us for assistance/clarification. We are always happy to help.

-Rachel
Will the optional harness ship with the lights?

XJhawk

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales Manager
I am a patient man.
2020/2021 has reinforced that value.

I also want to know, are the applicable harnesses going to ship at the same time?

Is it possible for those of us who bought early can get the harnesses ahead of time? I want to trigger off of the reverse lights, but also relay off of 1 of my aux lights for camper lights. It would be cool to go ahead and get everything wired and simply mount lights and plug in

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure I have a warm and fuzzy feeling if the vendor is worried about product quality because of global shortages. Do they not know what the are buying by now?
Never worked in electronic engineering, eh?
Sorry but what this company is doing is pretty typical or should be. I recall working at CCC and they had to specify specific manufacturers of certain ICs and had to test each individually in that spot in the circuit to ensure they'd work even though they were supposedly identical replacements.
I'm frankly glad they are doing the right thing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
Way I read it is 20 days from Oracle notice today. June 28th hopefully. I would think with this information they will be shipping product by the end of the month.
I will now predict the future, June 28th will come and we will all get another email stating another delay.

Here are your lottery numbers. 8,42,31,6,11,26.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I will now predict the future, June 28th will come and we will all get another email stating another delay.

Well, Bill Gates said there'd be no chance of vaccine and several experts predicted thing closed down until the end of 2022 so if u r wrong u r in great company and if u r right you beat dozens of experts at predicting and should get a government job.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Yes, the harness will ship with the lights.
-Brittany
They have harnesses. The accidentally sent me a JT harness for my JL, processed the return very timely.

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
Well, Bill Gates said there'd be no chance of vaccine and several experts predicted thing closed down until the end of 2022 so if u r wrong u r in great company and if u r right you beat dozens of experts at predicting and should get a government job.
I have a government job 😆.

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase

And you’re right… email came out today!!

what kind of shit is this…. You suddenly need another 15-20 to perform QC on the CABLING?? WTF kind of excuse is that @ORACLElights

Jeep Gladiator NEW: Rear Bumper Reverse LED Lights for Jeep Gladiator 75B7FED1-76A4-4372-9FFF-ADCC32EE69A1

GreyGhost

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Occupation
Retired
Thank you for the updates....I think I'm getting older...
I ordered mine with harness.....
Hey procrastinators! This is your last-minute reminder to get in on this group buy before it ends on April 1st...we are saving spots for only a few more forum members to grab this new JT innovation at a pre-order discount.

-Rachel

Any updates????????
And you’re right… email came out today!!

what kind of shit is this…. You suddenly need another 15-20 to perform QC on the CABLING?? WTF kind of excuse is that @ORACLElights

Jeep Gladiator NEW: Rear Bumper Reverse LED Lights for Jeep Gladiator 75B7FED1-76A4-4372-9FFF-ADCC32EE69A1