OP
OP
Mac's Tie Downs

Mac's Tie Downs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I like your solution but I went factory since a lot of aftermarket accessories seem to want the "face" of the rail to be flush with the lip of the bed. If yours has one it would be nice if you could develop a spacer that would accommodate any gap since your tie downs seem to be a better solution than the factory.
I went factory since I was installing BillieBars. (copied the image from their website).

bar install.JPG
We do not have a spacer available. By keeping the track flush with the face of the rail, it eats up a lot of real estate in the bed.
Sponsored

49Gramps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
Any current discounts before I order?

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
@Mac's Tie Downs

Awesome product. I think I actually received it on date you projected to ship.

Packaging, that tube is nuclear powerhouse strength. After I got everything out, I tried to stomp it flat ( I am NOT a little guy) and it wouldn't have it. When I tried to cut an end off with one of my bigger, sharp knives, wasn't happening. Broke out the hacksaw and cut the end off.

Installation, :CWL: if there is such a thing as too easy, your product fits the bill. Only issue I had was having to lay down in bed to line up first hole on each rail. Not your problem, my bed cover rails block the view.

Fit & Finish, perfect. Normally I don't care for bare aluminum, but it actually helps reflect light when bed cover is closed. All the countersunk (LOVE IT) holes lined up exactly. It's a JEEP and usually fastener positioning can vary truck to truck. Tie down rings, such a simple design, yet they work great. Took me a minute to figure out to turn the rectangle section to lock the ring in place, but what a brilliant idea.

If you are like me and didn't get the factory rails and want rails to help secure loads, I can't recommend this product enough.

Sponsored

john#21

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM Hydro Blue
Anybody have these with molle panels mounted in the bed?

49Gramps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
Anybody have these with molle panels mounted in the bed?
I have them with JCR's front panel. The only tip needed there is make sure the adjustable (slotted) end of the mount is under the rail.

Another note, if you have the Mopar hard tri-fold tonneau, you may need to cut a small portion of the upper end off to clear bolts from the tonneau mounting bolts.

OP
OP
Mac's Tie Downs

Mac's Tie Downs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
@Mac's Tie Downs

Awesome product. I think I actually received it on date you projected to ship.

Packaging, that tube is nuclear powerhouse strength. After I got everything out, I tried to stomp it flat ( I am NOT a little guy) and it wouldn't have it. When I tried to cut an end off with one of my bigger, sharp knives, wasn't happening. Broke out the hacksaw and cut the end off.

Installation, :CWL: if there is such a thing as too easy, your product fits the bill. Only issue I had was having to lay down in bed to line up first hole on each rail. Not your problem, my bed cover rails block the view.

Fit & Finish, perfect. Normally I don't care for bare aluminum, but it actually helps reflect light when bed cover is closed. All the countersunk (LOVE IT) holes lined up exactly. It's a JEEP and usually fastener positioning can vary truck to truck. Tie down rings, such a simple design, yet they work great. Took me a minute to figure out to turn the rectangle section to lock the ring in place, but what a brilliant idea.

If you are like me and didn't get the factory rails and want rails to help secure loads, I can't recommend this product enough.
Thank you for the great feedback. Please feel free to post some photos of the kit installed and/or securing your haul. We'd like to see! Enjoy the product.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You were a few months too late for me. I needed something quickly - but you did validate my choice by going with a similar design track.

john#21

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM Hydro Blue
I have them with JCR's front panel. The only tip needed there is make sure the adjustable (slotted) end of the mount is under the rail.

Another note, if you have the Mopar hard tri-fold tonneau, you may need to cut a small portion of the upper end off to clear bolts from the tonneau mounting bolts.

Thanks!

Sponsored

Kaiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow 1969 J3000 Gladiator farm truck. 1969 J2000 Gladiator project.
Just installed and very happy with my Mac's rails as well. I have that tonneau and the upper end of the front rail as you describe barely interfered with a bracket, I was able to tap them under it with a rubber mallet, no problem. Some may want to clearance it.

I have the 813 bed rack on one side for now, with Rotopax on the rack. I'll post some pics this weekend on the 'who has Molle Panels' thread.

OP
OP
Mac's Tie Downs

Mac's Tie Downs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Just installed and very happy with my Mac's rails as well. I have that tonneau and the upper end of the front rail as you describe barely interfered with a bracket, I was able to tap them under it with a rubber mallet, no problem. Some may want to clearance it.

I have the 813 bed rack on one side for now, with Rotopax on the rack. I'll post some pics this weekend on the 'who has Molle Panels' thread.
We're glad that you are happy with your Mac's truck bed kit. Looking forward to seeing photos.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Status
Not open for further replies.