Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Oh it’s never a matter of credit etc, it’s more of an insurance thing for them. These are installed before the buyer is known, but if they can get you to pay for it all the better. It’s seriously just a secondary use thing. But I could be wrong. I had a car with the elo on it. Was able to set geofencing for young drivers and all that. Worked without cell service. Was ok.
Huge discussion on these very devices a year ago - all angles covered, etc.
I special ordered mine. It arrived at about 7 am or so, I picked it up at about 4 or 5 that same day - and mine had one of those devices in it. A pre-sold vehicle.
They normally try to sell security and theft recovery - so apparently every single vehicle they prep gets one.
Anyway, old news, talked about at length in a thread about these devices.

Broccoli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I don’t try to take anything too seriously online. But I have to ask what people think is so hilarious about Stephen Hawking? Dude had ALS, my mom died from ALS 10 years ago when I was 25 and I can say there is absolutely nothing funny about it.
I only find things funny that aren’t personal to me. If it involves my life or affects me in any, it’s off limits.

Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I only find things funny that aren’t personal to me. If it involves my life or affects me in any, it’s off limits.
Yeah, I imagine most people are that way but I try and be empathetic. The Stephen Hawking thing has always been weird to me though. Made fun of on South Park and I’ve seen jokes about it throughout the internet. I think it’s just ignorance because most people haven’t experienced it first hand which I can understand, I didn’t know ALS existed before my mom had it. Most don’t even realize ALS is Lou Gehrig’s disease.

That’s why I try to not get offended by it. Hopefully awareness continues to rise because like cancer, it really shouldn’t be a joke.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t try to take anything too seriously online. But I have to ask what people think is so hilarious about Stephen Hawking? Dude had ALS, my mom died from ALS 10 years ago when I was 25 and I can say there is absolutely nothing funny about it.
I'm sorry for your loss, especially what she lived through until the end. I can't know how that feels, but can relate in the respect I watched my mother waste away from cancer and the final weeks were excruciating - for her and us.

As far as Professor Hawking - he did sort of take a lot of it in stride. He appeared on BBT and Star Trek TNG. In the former I doubt he'd appeared and even agreed to some of what was shown if he didn't have some sense of humor. I can only speculate based on my reading about him and seeing him do appearances on TV shows.

Otherwise, as a person with a diagnosed mental thing and my wife born with physical handicaps - and having worked at both On With Life and Iowa's Vocational Rehabilitation Services (both in an IT function - but I got very involved otherwise as well) I also bristle as some of the things seen and said. I also about hit the ceiling when I heard a voc rehab counselor joke about and pick on a client and his problems. That counselor obviously had no clue or no heart. I had to get the hell out of that room before I decked the guy - because he was joking and making fun of the same thing I have - and he was a COUSELOR for a government agency. IF he hadn't already been on the retirement list (he was leaving in 2 months) I'd have given the administrator of the agency a transcript of what was said.

That's my take and may help explain why and how I react to certain things sometimes.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I'm sorry for your loss, especially what she lived through until the end. I can't know how that feels, but can relate in the respect I watched my mother waste away from cancer and the final weeks were excruciating - for her and us.

As far as Professor Hawking - he did sort of take a lot of it in stride. He appeared on BBT and Star Trek TNG. In the former I doubt he'd appeared and even agreed to some of what was shown if he didn't have some sense of humor. I can only speculate based on my reading about him and seeing him do appearances on TV shows.

Otherwise, as a person with a diagnosed mental thing and my wife born with physical handicaps - and having worked at both On With Life and Iowa's Vocational Rehabilitation Services (both in an IT function - but I got very involved otherwise as well) I also bristle as some of the things seen and said. I also about hit the ceiling when I heard a voc rehab counselor joke about and pick on a client and his problems. That counselor obviously had no clue or no heart. I had to get the hell out of that room before I decked the guy - because he was joking and making fun of the same thing I have - and he was a COUSELOR for a government agency. IF he hadn't already been on the retirement list (he was leaving in 2 months) I'd have given the administrator of the agency a transcript of what was said.

That's my take and may help explain why and how I react to certain things sometimes.
Thank you! I appreciate that. In sorry you had to have the same pain, it’s really hard to witness.

I wasn’t really aware of all that about him. I didn’t know much about him outside of seeing him on South Park and his books. He was an exceptionally talented individual and I still don’t know how the hell he lived 50 years with ALS. My mom lived like 5-6 and that was way beyond what they originally gave her. If he had a sense of humor about it, good for him! I’ve just seen some strange comments over the years from some people.

Sorry to hear about your personal issues but you sound like you’re giving back and that’s awesome. We all have our little things and we should all be understanding of everyone. Also, I would have punched anyone that did that. Not funny at all, you’re a dick.

Sponsored

Dark_Iron_Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[2021 Sarge Mojave]
.Here is my JT.

Done:
Debadged
Mopar three piece front bumper
Warn grille guard
Rubicon hood
AVS bug shield
Stubby antenna
AEV Pintlers
BFG KO2 35s
Quadratec sill guards
AVE ProCal
Westin bed mat
Mat black wrap on hood and tailgate
New black Jeep tag on tailgate
Rear exhaust resonator cut off and replaced with straight pipe
Added Sherpa name tags (after these pictures were taken)
Painted inside of roof black

Waiting for:
AEV rear bumper. (they look great)
AEV snorkel
AEV driving lamps

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210905_154731

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210905_154731

Did you do the tailgate wrap yourself, or have a shop? I want to do the same thing, but in the Mojave orange accent color.