Sponsored

Gladiator Diesel Bottoming Out Poll - Let’s get some numbers here.

If your Gladiator bottoms out on pothole/bumps, what model do you have?

• Total voters
OP
OP
am1978

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Rubi here.. mine has been at dealership two weeks now.. The SA and techs all can re-create.. There is a STAR record open.. and seems Jeep engineers are aware .. however there is no fix currently from what I am being told. That being said.. I am not taking mine back anytime soon .. unless remedied.. also my roof leaks.. If they are unwilling/unable to provide a fix.. they can keep it. Mine has 750miles on it. In my possession one week lol.
Can you get the STAR case number?
Sponsored

GoFastGoFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TRX L2 Billet, 2021 JLU Willy's , 2020 X5 G05

QuickOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Does anyone know if the front bump stop tube (the metal piece the bump stop sits in) is the same length as the gas engines? I know they changed the frame some for the diesel and I am curious if that is one of the changes.

GoFastGoFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not able to get STAR number yet.. today is going on day 21 without my Rubi Diesel.. ugh.. I really don't think there is going to be a solution.. They did however get new gasket to fix my leaking down the center roof lol..

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Maybe more people are voting Rubicon because Jeep sells more Rubicons?

Anyway I didn't vote because my Overland with lots of options (heavy pig) didn't bottom out at all in stock form. It actually rode like a Cadillac. I love it.

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
With these types of polls, how are you ensuring that you aren't simply getting a distribution of model popularity? Obviously, if the Rubicon was the most sold model, your poll is naturally going to have the most responses for it. Doesn't necessarily mean the Rubi has more of a problem than others.

2TH MVR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD. Audi A7, Alfa Romeo 4C
Occupation
Orthodontist
I don't have any of these issues since I ordered my JTRD with the mopar lift. I cannot believe Jeep Corp or FCA allowed these Jeeps to bottom out. No testing? All that R&D.

OP
OP
am1978

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
With these types of polls, how are you ensuring that you aren't simply getting a distribution of model popularity? Obviously, if the Rubicon was the most sold model, your poll is naturally going to have the most responses for it. Doesn't necessarily mean the Rubi has more of a problem than others.
Correct. The purpose here is not to get a representation of which model is more prone to have the problem—we can guess that the Rubicon is probably the most popular model and will outnumber the other models hands down. The other major thread on this topic has plenty of people reporting the issue, but it lacks a tally. This isn’t so much a poll as it is a headcount. The purpose was to get some actual numbers without having to go through every page of the other thread to glean that information out.

GoFastGoFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a lot to be said for Enthusiast trim packages being more active on the internet as well.. because well enthusiasts..

That's not to say all the others aren't enthusiasts.. it's just some people buy Rubicons.. and think they are immediately part of the wheeler world.. ( I however just get to fishing areas where I am probably not supposed to be :) )

Reactions: A 2
OP
OP
am1978

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
It’s already a little telling that @JeepCares should note that there are almost 40 diesel owners reporting their rig bottoms out and this number will grow until they address the issue. FCA & @JeepCares recommending a lift kit is not a solution, as much as many of us would take the lift kit if offered for free.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think more telling than trim level would be build date. I still wonder if the early batch of JT diesels rolled off the line with incorrect coil springs. I haven't seen anybody with recent new builds complaining.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I think more telling than trim level would be build date. I still wonder if the early batch of JT diesels rolled off the line with incorrect coil springs. I haven't seen anybody with recent new builds complaining.
I have an August 2021 build date JTRD that easily bottoms out

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have an August 2021 build date JTRD that easily bottoms out
Good info.

So now let's zero in on this question a little further.. did the Rubicon EcoDiesel Gladiators get the incorrect coils on the assembly line?

I mean, it's not like a Rubicon weighs 400 lbs. more than a loaded Overland. There is actually very little difference in curb weight. You have an electric motor up front for the sway bar, and you have a tiny bit of additional weight in the front widetrack axle and tires. That's pretty much it forward of the rear axle.

OP
OP
am1978

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
My JTRD bottoms out on potholes and speed bumps. I ordered it on 7 May, it was built at the end of May 2021, I took delivery on 8 June.

HighTork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2022 Outback Wilderness
My JTRD bottoms out on potholes and speed bumps. I ordered it on 7 May, it was built at the end of May 2021, I took delivery on 8 June.
My JTRD is a 6/21 build and bottoms out on potholes and speed bumps as well. I installed the terraflex jounce stops and it cushions it a bit. Maybe they should have installed hydraulic stops with the diesel Rubicons, or even all of them perhaps, like the Mojave.
Sponsored