Sponsored

Updated - Gladiator EcoDiesel Bottoming Out Poll 2 - Spring Part Numbers

If your Gladiator Diesel is bottoming out, what are the part numbers on your front springs?

• Total voters

portalgun

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubicon Diesel, 02 S2000, 15 4Runner
My TSB update, all parts were in and dropped the truck off this a.m. for install +new windshield (warranty). Got a call after lunch that in addition to the TSB shocks and rubberbabybuggybumpers, new front springs are on the way as an additional TSB or addendum to this TSB. Either way, it would appear that someone at Jeep is waking up to the fact that there is more to the issue than just dampening and more bumpstop in the equation. As soon as I get p/n on the springs I'll post. (I did however have a spring p/n combination unlike all others submitted back when the polling was hot and heavy so perhaps this was noticed and... who knows)

I asked Lisa, the JeepCares person for my TSB case and she didn't see anything changed for the TSB for this. Still waiting to hear back from the dealer if anything is showing up on his end. Is there a chance something with your springs were damaged and that's why they replaced them? If there is any kind of documentation or a screenshot you could get of the addendum please post it up.

Thanks!!
Sponsored

DeOhYouGe

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Fiber optic and metallic cable splicer
Looking at the service order:​
A). It would appear that the TSB kit that was supposed to be in, wasn't. (else why are these components on order now?)​
B). The springs ordered are the same part numbers as stock (but mine were reversed when installed, as indicated in the spring P/N survey here) Right side was on Left and verse vice.​
C). Always, never, believe the story told by the dealership.​

20220519_155014.jpg

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Looking at the service order:​
A). It would appear that the TSB kit that was supposed to be in, wasn't. (else why are these components on order now?)​
B). The springs ordered are the same part numbers as stock (but mine were reversed when installed, as indicated in the spring P/N survey here) Right side was on Left and verse vice.​
C). Always, never, believe the story told by the dealership.​

Jeep Gladiator Updated - Gladiator EcoDiesel Bottoming Out Poll 2 - Spring Part Numbers 20220519_155014
One thing we don’t know is if a certain Lot of the Fox shock were under pressure. Ultimately, I don’t care what the part number is as long as it fixes the issue so I can move on.

CJ8Hemi_JTRD

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 CJ8 with SRT 392, 2021 JTRD Gecko Green
Occupation
Engineer
Has anybody had problems with being told the TSB parts aren't even available to order yet?

EddyArnold

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD | 88 300zx | 97 XJ
Occupation
TheCyber
Just wondering other people's opinion... Dropped the jeep off for the TSB early this morning with the Claytons in the back seat and asked the desk jockey (sounds like the previous service manager that I knew by name left or was canned) if they could drop the new springs in, but if not I understand... He was super nice and said he would talk with then new service manager and call me later. I wasn't EXPECTING them to do it really but thought I'd ask anyway, I was really surprised when he called me back and said "yeah we can install your springs for you, but it will be $340" my reply was "so, uh, that's what it would cost if I just came in there fresh asking to install and not when you have everything apart to just drop them in right?" ...he confirmed and I said no thanks

I'm in IT and have done a lot of customer support in the past so I don't get upset with most people that are the bearer of bad news so I didn't say anything else to that fella. I understand that they need to make money but the more I think about it, it makes me upset that they wanted to charge that many hours for maybe 5 or 10 extra mins... am I over reacting or is this just par for the course? I think I would have rather them just told me no we can't do that.

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Just wondering other people's opinion... Dropped the jeep off for the TSB early this morning with the Claytons in the back seat and asked the desk jockey (sounds like the previous service manager that I knew by name left or was canned) if they could drop the new springs in, but if not I understand... He was super nice and said he would talk with then new service manager and call me later. I wasn't EXPECTING them to do it really but thought I'd ask anyway, I was really surprised when he called me back and said "yeah we can install your springs for you, but it will be $340" my reply was "so, uh, that's what it would cost if I just came in there fresh asking to install and not when you have everything apart to just drop them in right?" ...he confirmed and I said no thanks

I'm in IT and have done a lot of customer support in the past so I don't get upset with most people that are the bearer of bad news so I didn't say anything else to that fella. I understand that they need to make money but the more I think about it, it makes me upset that they wanted to charge that many hours for maybe 5 or 10 extra mins... am I over reacting or is this just par for the course? I think I would have rather them just told me no we can't do that.
If it's already apart. It takes little to no time. Not overreacting IMO.

troymi

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Ecodiesel

Dealer is trying to get paid twice: one from STLA and once from you for the same job. But, to your point, you would have to be pretty close to them and they may have issue that if TSB didn't work and they changed the springs it would cause an issue of problem liability.

EddyArnold

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD | 88 300zx | 97 XJ
Occupation
TheCyber
Well... I guess he heard in my voice that I was disappointed in the answer! They called and said it was ready to be picked up and they went ahead and dropped the Clayton's in "no charge" ...pretty cool I guess after wanting to charge me over $300

It was only a 3 mile drive home, so I'll have to give an update latter on how it rides

troymi

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Ecodiesel
Well... I guess he heard in my voice that I was disappointed in the answer! They called and said it was ready to be picked up and they went ahead and dropped the Clayton's in "no charge" ...pretty cool I guess after wanting to charge me over $300

It was only a 3 mile drive home, so I'll have to give an update latter on how it rides
Interested in the pics of how it leveled out the front.

Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I don't know if I have any good comparison shots, but this is what it looks like now

Jeep Gladiator Updated - Gladiator EcoDiesel Bottoming Out Poll 2 - Spring Part Numbers 20220531_160156
Awesome, love the stance! Definitely reach out with some feedback once you've had a chance to test it out some! :like:

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Haul Truck Driver
Rule on the gassers was always higher number on the right side. So if you have an 808 and an 807, the 808 would go on the right.

Rubicon (gas engine) front springs for example - 339 and 340 340 goes on the right.

Appears from the picture of the parts list here that it's the same for these.
Higher rate springs are to go on the side fuel tank is on to compensate for the extra weight. Gasser fuel tank is on the right side, eco diesel fuel tank is on the left side.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Higher rate springs are to go on the side fuel tank is on to compensate for the extra weight. Gasser fuel tank is on the right side, eco diesel fuel tank is on the left side.
That's what I've said - in several other places where we talked of swapping springs.
Sponsored