First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist
doing my take off install in about a week or so. Hopefully I have no issues been doing a lot of research and project like this I’ll be tackling on my own. Looking at some of the people I’ve seen do videos of their installs online though only makes me that much more confident lol.
Yea, I'm also doing this install myself, with some help from my brother, but install seems very straightforward. I've watched enough install video's to do it in my sleep, but we won't know how it'll go until we are under there. Good luck with your install!
Sponsored

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, I'm also doing this install myself, with some help from my brother, but install seems very straightforward. I've watched enough install video's to do it in my sleep, but we won't know how it'll go until we are under there. Good luck with your install!
likewise!

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
Not 100% here and can’t speak for the other trims you mentioned but I think you got the descriptions backwards for the Rubicon springs.

Yes there are two different sets of rubi spring part numbers based mainly on if it came stock with the steel bumpers. But I believe the ones with steel bumpers are actually the front sets of 340ac & 343ac not the 339/340 combo you mentioned: Reason being I just purchased a set of rubi take offs from another user who didn’t have steel bumpers and I got the 339/340s front springs.
Can anyone confirm this? Put these in the cart at Mopar to raise the front of my overland. 340 on the driver side and 343 on the pax. Would also run rubicon fox takeoffs on AEV 2” spacer lift shock extensions. Been trying to track down the “taller” rubicon steel bumper front spring numbers for a while.

Seems to make sense since the common thought here is the higher the number the stiffer the springs. If plastic bumper rubicon is 339/340, a step up to the steel would be 340/343

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone confirm this? Put these in the cart at Mopar to raise the front of my overland. 340 on the driver side and 343 on the pax. Would also run rubicon fox takeoffs on AEV 2” spacer lift shock extensions. Been trying to track down the “taller” rubicon steel bumper front spring numbers for a while.

Seems to make sense since the common thought here is the higher the number the stiffer the springs. If plastic bumper rubicon is 339/340, a step up to the steel would be 340/343
I’m pretty sure I’m right but would also like some confirmation. The two springs set numbers are correct for the fronts regardless, I just think the OP mentioned them backwards is all. Since I got the 339/340s

The 339/340 set up for fronts I believe are for the Rubicon’s without the steel bumpers and 340/343s are the ones with steel bumpers. He had mentioned it the other way around.

In either case, the larger number of the two goes on the passenger side for fronts and rears.

Hoytster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
So I just picked up a set of takeoff Rubi springs, do no know what bumper the jeep they came off had, but the spring combination for the front are 339AC & 340AC, the rear springs are 449AC & 450AB. My gut says Sarge502 is correct, and that they came off of a non-steel bumper Rubi given the lower numbers.

Sponsored

Hoytster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m pretty sure I’m right but would also like some confirmation. The two springs set numbers are correct for the fronts regardless, I just think the OP mentioned them backwards is all. Since I got the 339/340s

The 339/340 set up for fronts I believe are for the Rubicon’s without the steel bumpers and 340/343s are the ones with steel bumpers. He had mentioned it the other way around.

In either case, the larger number of the two goes on the passenger side for fronts and rears.
Sarge

What rear springs did you use and what was your lift in the front and back, prior to adding spacers?

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Sarge

What rear springs did you use and what was your lift in the front and back, prior to adding spacers?
As you can see my rubi take offs are the very first ones mentioned by the OP. The rears are the 450ab/451ac (although the OP states that’s the ones from a steel bumper rubicon which is incorrect) Mine I know for a fact came off a non steel bumper Rubicon.

In any case prior to adding my Teraflex leveling kit which gave me another 1.5 inch lift just the rubicon suspension alone I got just under a half inch in the front and just under an inch and a half to the rear from the stock set up(for the most part as as you can see by the numbers). Which that in itself was an improvement from my stock overland. And again this is with non steel bumper rated rubicon springs. Even more id imagine for those with those springs. The exact measurements for me were…

Measured ground to fender on 35” Equivalents

Stock
Front drivers: 37 1/4
Front pass: 37.5
Rear drivers: 39 5/8
Rear pass : 38 3/4

After Rubicon Suspension
Front driver: 37 3/4
Front pass: 37 3/4
Rear driver: 40 1/8
Rear pass: 39

Not sure why there was a slight difference from one side to another if I had to guess its due to the gas tank being on the passenger side and depending on what my tank was at within measurements which usually stays pretty full. Also tire pressure may play a part but I'm generally at 36 psi give or take. But I measured multiple times and I’m sure it’s normal. But in any case it was improvements all around and I am very happy with the upgraded suspension even before the TeraFlex leveling kit. Definitely a cheap and easy upgrade to any non-Rubicon trim that wants a better suspension. So as a bonus adding the TeraFlex for me with what I got from the Rubicon suspension I Have a 2 inch or more lift Without technically having a full lift at all just spacers and upgraded shocks and springs

Picture with the top off is totally stock and with stock tires (although my measurements above are with my current 35 equivelent Coopers, so its not a difference in tires, the pic is just a visual for you). Pic after that is with rubicon suspension ONLY and not my leveling kit. Best pics I could find from my set up then.

Jeep Gladiator Coil Spring Part Numbers 88006886-8279-4195-9D1D-0C6382FDE572

Jeep Gladiator Coil Spring Part Numbers 1C95D9AE-6951-45C0-AC03-F1798A84195B

Jeep Gladiator Coil Spring Part Numbers C9E567A0-7DAD-46C6-954A-912587CA23F8

Jeep Gladiator Coil Spring Part Numbers AE1ECAA3-5E2A-41C2-9806-B3707692052C

Last edited:

Hoytster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I have the 449 & 450 rear springs. Curious how much lift I’ll get in the rear.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I created a thread around this a few months ago.

340/343 is the factory front springs for steel bumper rubicons.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I have the 449 & 450 rear springs. Curious how much lift I’ll get in the rear.
Yeah not 100% sure since I'm not aware of the specifics on that variation of rears specifically. I can speak for the 450/451 rears and I got just under 1.5 in the rear. Id imagine you'd be about the same or close to it. Not sure about the 449/450 rears but I know my 450/451s came off a non-steel bumper Rubicon with a hard top. Only difference on your is maybe they came off one with a soft top and no steel bumpers (I'd imagine, maybe someone else can clarify.) I just know typically the difference in part numbers/compression rates on all of them are due to hard top or lack there of/ and bumper styles. But I doubt those are from one with a steel bumper regardless so I wouldn't look for any kind of significant difference. Even if they were from a steel bumper Rubi I've only heard of people saying their lift was a matter of a half inch to full inch off from others. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with your install though. Super easy.

Sponsored

stephaniesinderson

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manufacturing
Just picked up a set of Rubicon take off springs/shocks. Can anyone confirm what I have or how much lift I'll get on a sport max tow. I was planning to only use the shocks and the front coils and keep the max tow rear springs. Intention was to raise the front to level the jeep but keep stiff rears for towing. My current springs in the rear are 444AC and 445AB.

Part numbers are
6211AA
6212AA
6362AA
6363AA

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
Just picked up a set of Rubicon take off springs/shocks. Can anyone confirm what I have or how much lift I'll get on a sport max tow. I was planning to only use the shocks and the front coils and keep the max tow rear springs. Intention was to raise the front to level the jeep but keep stiff rears for towing. My current springs in the rear are 444AC and 445AB.

Part numbers are
6211AA
6212AA
6362AA
6363AA
Just to clarify... the four part numbers you listed above are for a Rubicon?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Just to clarify... the four part numbers you listed above are for a Rubicon?
Not the guy you quoted, but I can confirm those are Rubicon part number springs

jeepmojo

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
electrician
These came off my 80th anniversary edition:
Jeep Gladiator Coil Spring Part Numbers AE1ECAA3-5E2A-41C2-9806-B3707692052C

Possible Overland models use these same soft front Springs.
Same on my new 21 sport gladiator /are these the weakest of all gladiator springs?

PixelWelder

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
User Experience
Im wondering if anyone can help identify these spring numbers? I’ve been told that they are from the rear of a Mojave but when I search I can’t find information on them. I’d like to know which is left and right and if they are actually from the Mojave. 6256AA and 6257AA.

E299E12E-17E4-4266-9289-7083BE013935.jpeg

5817F724-8BFC-49D2-ACB1-A128CF67BF48.jpeg
Sponsored