Sponsored

Rubicon spring part numbers.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Okay Bill, once again you want to meander off the topic.

The topic is Rubicon springs. Rubicon springs, the longer spring goes passenger side, shorter spring goes driver side. That's the way they come off the Rubicon.

Max tow, Overland, Sport, Mojave aren't in this conversation except where you try to drag them in.

So instead of confusing another person with all your vast knowledge, stick strictly to the topic at hand.
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
OP, just so you know.

There aren't truly specific springs for each model. If you go look at all the coil springs listed on any MOPAR parts site, all springs are listed as compatible with all trim levels.

The factory has charts for trim levels and then weight of said trim levels and use whatever spring the chart says on any given day.

You may or may not be happy with the Rubicon springs you have. They are a different ride than what you had and if you're using them to try to gain height from added weight up front you may be disappointed.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The topic is Rubicon springs. Rubicon springs, the longer spring goes passenger side, shorter spring goes driver side. That's the way they come off the Rubicon.
For the gas engine, yes.
And has been mentioned, the difference in length can be minimal - standing them up it can be hard to tell. I have a pair like that.

Generally speaking, there is a length difference, but they've come out with other variations as well.
Hopefully he's got a pair of fronts and a pair of rears where there is a definite length difference.

I was just trying to stress that you can't always go by length, either. It can be the RATE that's different. If he's lucky, he's got length differences. you were missing my points on comparing the different springs.
I have a pair of springs the same length - so, how would HE know which is left and right and yes, they are Rubicon.

OP
OP
Finn66

Finn66

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Electrician
A lot of good insight and information, it is much appreciated. The price $275 for springs, shocks, links, and arms. seems to be reasonable. I do understand from the reads these are not needed as they are identical across models. I hope to see the parts this week and may purchase. Thanks again for the input.

ejcr032

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Just picked up a Rubicon suspension takeoff from someone that had a 2022.
Spring part numbers don't exactly match what I've seen on the forum. Some are common but I haven't seen anyone reference the complete set of numbers I have. I need to know which is left side and which is right side. I've seen conflicting information when I search Mopar and also contradictions to the bigger number on the passenger side rule of thumb. Here's what I have:

68506363AA
68506364AA
68506212AA
68506211AA

These springs came off a Rubicon with tow package, steel bumpers, front/rear lockers, and a hardtop.
My Gladiator is a plane-jane Sport with hardtop.

Can any one say for sure which are right side and which are left side?

Another question; this guy did a full mac-daddy lift and pretty much the whole suspension came off and he gave me all the parts. From what I've researched, the only thing different suspension-wise between the Rubicon and the Sport are the shocks and springs. Trailing arms, spring perches, sway bar, linkage, etc. are the same, (or so I've read). Just looking for confirmation this is correct and that springs and shocks are all I need to change.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Spring part numbers don't exactly match what I've seen on the forum. Some are common but I haven't seen anyone reference the complete set of numbers I have. I need to know which is left side and which is right side. I've seen conflicting information when I search Mopar and also contradictions to the bigger number on the passenger side rule of thumb. Here's what I have:

68506363AA
68506364AA
68506212AA
68506211AA

These springs came off a Rubicon with tow package, steel bumpers, front/rear lockers, and a hardtop.

Another question; this guy did a full mac-daddy lift and pretty much the whole suspension came off and he gave me all the parts. From what I've researched, the only thing different suspension-wise between the Rubicon and the Sport are the shocks and springs. Trailing arms, spring perches, sway bar, linkage, etc. are the same, (or so I've read). Just looking for confirmation this is correct and that springs and shocks are all I need to change.

Thanks!
Only differences are shocks and springs.

GAS engine, higher number/stiffer spring/typically taller spring is on the right.

At least that's been the rule in the past.

I notice that my 2022 Overland has totally different spring numbers than my 2020 had - the numbers don't even come close to each other.

ejcr032

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Update:

I ended up following the taller spring on the passenger side rule-of-thumb and here's where I ended up:

Increase from stock
FR +1.25"
FL +1"
RR +0.875"
RL +0.875"

Lift in the front ended up being higher than the rear but it ends up looking fine because the stock setup looked kind of raked anyway so this change sort of makes the truck look level

Unfortunately, I didn't record what part numbers I put where so sorry I can't be more helpful to someone doing this in the future. There was an obvious height difference between left/right in both front and rear springs.

For what it's worth, after measuring the stock springs, passenger side was taller there too.

I subsequently put on a set of Rubicon wheels/tires and got an additional lift from the 33's.
Worked out for me in the end and happy with how it turned out.
Thanks for all the help and comments

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Update:

I ended up following the taller spring on the passenger side rule-of-thumb and here's where I ended up:

Increase from stock
FR +1.25"
FL +1"
RR +0.875"
RL +0.875"

Lift in the front ended up being higher than the rear but it ends up looking fine because the stock setup looked kind of raked anyway so this change sort of makes the truck look level

Unfortunately, I didn't record what part numbers I put where so sorry I can't be more helpful to someone doing this in the future. There was an obvious height difference between left/right in both front and rear springs.

For what it's worth, after measuring the stock springs, passenger side was taller there too.

I subsequently put on a set of Rubicon wheels/tires and got an additional lift from the 33's.
Worked out for me in the end and happy with how it turned out.
Thanks for all the help and comments
Mine will measure a bit higher on the right with an empty fuel tank, and even to a VERY slight bit lower on the right when it's totally topped off. Usually at half tank or more it's pretty even.
They can't account for every single pound so they must account for typical or averages.

Stock Rubicon Falkens are 32.8". I think the stock Sport tires are something like a bit under 32", maybe 31.8 or 31.9"
So we'll call it 1" different, meaning your truck gained maybe 1/2" with the Rubicon tires vs. stock Sport tires.
Mine was even less when I had my 2020 - Stock Overland was 32.2" and Rubicon at 32.8" I gained 0.6" diameter, lifting my truck a whopping 1/4"
(I have since gone back to my stock rims with A/T tires on them.)

OverlanderCommander

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator

68506363AA
68506364AA
68506212AA
68506211AA

Thanks!

68506363AA
68506364AA
68506212AA
68506211AA

Thanks!
Thinking of getting these as well for my overland. I imagine these are the best takeoffs one can come by?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking of getting these as well for my overland. I imagine these are the best takeoffs one can come by?
Those are the newer part numbers, earlier model years used different numbering.
As far as "best" - there is no best. Best for your specific goals, maybe, but there is no best or worst spring. They are the same except for the spring rate as far as which numbers you get.
Higher numbers typically mean higher spring rates - typically.

The Rubicon take-off springs I have in storage are:

Left front - 339
Right front - 340
Left rear - 449
Right rear - 450

They are from a 2020 model year, showing just how different the numbering is now. So, you can't necessarily compare except within a given model year.
Even my 2022 Overland springs have totally different numbers than my 2020 Overland had but they are basically identically equipped. They changed the numbering system somewhere along the way.

I consider the numbers I have (the above list) which I used under my 2020 Overland to be the best - why? Because I didn't want a STIFF ride, and wanted about 1" lift and that's pretty much what I got with those numbers. Higher numbers may have lifted it more but at the expense of ride.

For GAS engines, higher number on the right.
For DIESEL engines, higher number on the left.
Sponsored