Sponsored

Punk'n returns for 2023 - And other 2023 changes

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
This should make some people pretty damn happy. High Velocity and Earl are also coming. Earl is going to be a limited run unlike being an all year color like on the Wrangler.

We Get A Sneak Peak At The Changes Coming For The 2023 JeepĀ® Gladiator

Link won't work. Article is on Mopar Insider.

JeepĀ® has already released details about much of its 2023 model year changes for its iconic Wrangler and popular Grand Cherokee lineups. But for the 2023 Jeep Gladiator (JT), the American adventure has been quiet about the changes it has lined up for its midsize pickup truck. But thanks to our dealer connections, we have learned a number of changes coming to the 2023 Gladiator lineup.

American Flag ā€“

Taking cues from the 2023 Jeep Wrangler (JL), all 2023 Gladiator models will now feature the American flag on the Gladiator decal on each front fender. The detail will only be on the U.S. models (sorry international fans).

Colors ā€“

When it comes to the 2023 color palette, the Gladiator will have three new exterior colors for the new model year. As part of the core color lineup, High-Velocity Yellow (PJF) will replace the popular Snazzberry (PRV) paint.

There will also be two limited colors throughout the year. The first is the new Earl (PGP), a color that is available throughout the entire year on Wrangler. Earl will be launched on January 2nd, 2023, so there will be a while to wait for Gladiator fans. The other limited edition color will be the return of the famed Punkā€™n. Punkā€™n fans, you will have to wait a full year as the color is scheduled to return to the lineup on August 28th, 2023.

Trim Changes ā€“

Gladiator Sport & Sport S (Manual)
ā€“ three packages (23B), (24B), & (23S) will now have the Overlandā€™s front bumper with accent color (MBA) as standard equipment for 2023.

Gladiator Sport S (2TS) ā€“ the (2TS) package will no longer have standard body-color fender flares (MM3). Body-color fenders will be optional in the Convenience Group (ADC) for 2TS. Manual MAX payload will also have an increase of 10 lbs. to 1,710 lbs.

Willys (2TW) ā€“ Willys (2TW) package will now feature a standard technology package (AAN) to include Proximity Keyless Entry, Remote Start, Garage Door Opener, and 7-inch TFT screen.

Freedom (2TF) ā€“ We have discussed the new limited edition Sport S-based Freedom model in an earlier post. We have learned that the Freedom model will be built from September to November 2022, with only 2,000 models planned for production. The package features Black aluminum wheels (WFP), premium LED lighting (AGA), steel front bumper (MC6), steel rear bumper (MD6), rock rails (MEF), American flag decals (MVF), Oscar Mike badge (MG9), Leather with trimmed cloth bucket seats (*LL), and Black fender decals (MPQ).

High Altitude Capability Package (ACP) for (2TN) ā€“ A new package (ACP) is now available on High Altitude (2TN) for 2023. It includes a steel front bumper (MC6), rock rails (XGS), front off-road camera (XNY), and painted rear bumper (MBC).

American Jeep dealers are now able to order 2023 Gladiator models, with production scheduled to start on Monday, September 5th, 2022.
Sponsored

Last edited:

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Completely psyched about the yellow and the orange. Those colors have been conspicuously absent.

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sport & 2022 JLU Willys
Occupation
USAF Cyber
I read on another thread that Earl wonā€™t be available until January? Freakin whhyyyy?!?!?! I want to order it ASAP lmao

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sport & 2022 JLU Willys
Occupation
USAF Cyber
My wife and I are keen on the Earl. The high velocity would be cool on a Mojave Iā€™d think but the punkā€™n will look good on everything. Earl will be a nice, subtle grey and we like it. Iā€™ve been wanting to order a Willy Sport one but guess Iā€™ll have to wait šŸ˜¢

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Once my wife finds out about Punk'n she's going to want to trade our Stingray in on one.
That is the one thing I find weird about the article is that it has a specific date over a year out of August 28th, 2023 for Punk'n. That is on the cusp of when 2024 model year builds will happen.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
That is the one thing I find weird about the article is that it has a specific date over a year out of August 28th, 2023 for Punk'n. That is on the cusp of when 2024 model year builds will happen.
It will be a 2024 model year. It's usually lay May to early June when ordering switches to the next model year with deliveries showing up in August.

The Duck of Earl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In flux
Mopar Insiders has been wrong before, and I hope they are this time.

If not, what a crock of shit. Earl has been teased literally on the Gladiator as a near future color and now Jeep keeps stringing those along who have been waiting around until next year... And then they bring back the Freedom package, but greatly limit its production and for me anyway close it out before Earl is on offer (unlike the Wrangler).

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
I would be down with a high velocity yellow Mojave

Sponsored

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
Mkay... a Punk'n 392 may persuade me to trade in my Gladiator if they're still available then... :clap:

The Duck of Earl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In flux
August 28, 2023 is oddly specific, given that past colors have come and gone without any warning.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
August 28, 2023 is oddly specific, given that past colors have come and gone without any warning.
It is like pulled out of someone's ass specific. Makes me leery of the remaining info in the article as to actual accuracy.

That date would be after order banks have closed out for the 2023 model year and right before 2024 production would start more than likely. So it would either be a 2024 color or someone just made up a date and threw it out there.