2.5" Overland Plus went on today!

SJD23

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
The wheels are KMC Trail - though looking at the KMC website now it seems they no longer offer the matte black color (only matte bronze). They are 17x9 -12mm and running the numbers through this calculator, Offset Calculator, my change from stock wheels/tires (285/70-17 and +44mm offset) to the KMC Trails and Baja Boss A/Ts (37x12.5LT17 and -12mm offset) moved the outside edge of my tire out by 2.85". I added the Double Black Off Road 2" Fender Extensions shown in the picture below, and with the extensions I have no appreciable poke. Unfortunately I don't have any side shots showing what the poke was with the new wheels/tires and no fender extensions.

DBOR_Fenders_2.jpg
Thanks for the info! I can find them through other sites but yeah looks like KMC doesn’t have the black ones anymore. I would probably shoot for the 0 offset ones if I could find them. Did you do the thing with the extensions where you get 2 sets of fronts and reverse one set for the back? Or did you install them normal?

OP
OP
toddarama

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I do IT stuff so I can buy Jeep stuff.
Thanks for the info! I can find them through other sites but yeah looks like KMC doesn’t have the black ones anymore. I would probably shoot for the 0 offset ones if I could find them. Did you do the thing with the extensions where you get 2 sets of fronts and reverse one set for the back? Or did you install them normal?
The two set of fronts approach is for the mopar extreme fender flares. I bought 2" extensions from Double Black Off Road (DBOR JT Rubicon US Spec) - they provide full coverage for both front and rear fenders, but the are expensive. Even on sale on the DBOR site, the shipping costs ended up being about $220 dollars. They seem to be decent quality (though I would have liked to see a little better finish on them for the price). The install was simple. I have more details in my build thread if you are interested.

I am really surprised that they haven't been copied yet by Rugged Ridge or anyone else.

OP
OP
toddarama

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
What's wrong with the rear springs?
There a several threads on the forum where some folks have issues with noise from the rear springs, bowing of the rear springs and/or rear springs coming off the perch at full flex. You can search the forum for the threads if you want more details. I haven't experienced any of the issues, though to be fair I haven't really been in a full flex scenario since the install.

Clayton has several different spring options and you can mix and match when you order your kit from them. I think Boomeribe is talking about ordering the HD version of their rear springs. An option to consider if you carry a lot of gear, a roof top tent, etc.

SJD23

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
The two set of fronts approach is for the mopar extreme fender flares. I bought 2" extensions from Double Black Off Road (DBOR JT Rubicon US Spec) - they provide full coverage for both front and rear fenders, but the are expensive. Even on sale on the DBOR site, the shipping costs ended up being about $220 dollars. They seem to be decent quality (though I would have liked to see a little better finish on them for the price). The install was simple. I have more details in my build thread if you are interested.

I am really surprised that they haven't been copied yet by Rugged Ridge or anyone else.
I like that full coverage a lot more, their website shows it now at $330, that’s a lot for those extensions. I’m curious why they haven’t been copied either. I’ll check out the build thread, thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
toddarama

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
that’s a lot for those extensions
Yeah - it's basically $600 once you add in the shipping. Pennsylvania has some crappy laws about tire poke that are almost randomly enforced (or not enforced). My main goal was to avoid those potential issues. I didn't like that partial coverage of the extreme recon flares and I couldn't find another aftermarket solution that didn't involve replacing the factory fenders .... I was figuring total cost would be about $500-550 based on the DBOR web site saying shipping to US would be about $195 .... I just checked the paperwork from my order and shipping turned out to be $260!

Given what I know now, I am not sure I'd order them again solely due to the cost. I do like the looks of them on my JT though and they seem pretty solid. We'll see how long it takes for me to booger one up on tree or something while out on the trail.

monkeyman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon---2004 Wrangler TJ
Currently living the apartment life with no where to do my own work, but lucky to get hooked up with LockedNLoaded 4x4 in Collegeville, PA. my JT looks awesome with the 2.5" Overland Plus kit, Falcon SP shocks and KMC Trail wheels wrapped in 37" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss ATs ... took out for a quick drive and spent two hours tooling around town, running some highway speeds and poking along back roads ... loving the whole setup.
Lift_1.jpg
Lift_3.jpg
Lift_4.jpg
Lift_5.jpg
Lift_8.jpg
How’s the 37’s run with the.410’s?

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Any of y'all have it on an Ecodiesel? With it fully loaded for camping (overlanding) hate that term

OP
OP
toddarama

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
How’s the 37’s run with the.410’s?
It's completely driveable. I lost around 2 mpg in combined driving, and I don't see 8th gear all that often. I thought I'd need/want to regear right away and figured I'd save some money for 5.13's. After three months of driving on the 4.10s I still haven't prioritized saving some money for a regear - so that must mean I am not that bothered by it as-is.

Rzrhawg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Just came to say sweet wheels :)
Sponsored