Sponsored

2020 Jeep Gladiator May Sales Figure

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
I must be the different guy around...I'd rather see less of them out there....i am in the Non-sheeple camp!
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Becoming more common?? Do you mean to say Sport S or Sport? So far I don’t think anyone has gotten a base Sport model. Makes me wonder why they say that they offer a base Sport model.
I mean Sport in general, as in all of them. Those are the volume sellers for Jeep typically.

But today my salesman had a guy who wanted a stripper. Roll up windows. Manual locks. Said he didn't even want carpet. He wanted the least expensive Jeep they could find him. They ended up going all the way to Michigan to find one.

As pricing goes up, demand for base models goes up also.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I don’t recall hearing about anyone getting a base Sport model with manual windows, mirrors and locks.

Sponsored

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
I don’t recall hearing about anyone getting a base Sport model with manual windows, mirrors and locks.
When I ordered a Sport a month ago, you could not order a base Sport, only a Sport S

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I think the biggest issue is that the vast majority of the Gladiators on the lots are the Rubis and Overlands with virtually no sport trims. With the higher priced rigs out there and not much for the common buyer waiting for more affordable options to arrive on lots.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Dealer near me said he's starting to get more of them. I think their last 3 or 4 have been Sport S.

avnmech

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS and 2020 JTS
Occupation
Public Safety
That report is sad overall.

All their Auto (non-truck) brands are down. Chrysler down -26%, Fiat down -29%, Alfa down -34% thats crazy.

Wrangler is down -2% for a new vehicle only 1 year old and for one of Jeep's top selling vehicles each year.

The only positive I see in that report is Ram Trucks being up +33%
Pretty sure the Wrangler sales slowed down a bit because the Gladiator is finally here.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure the Wrangler sales slowed down a bit because the Gladiator is finally here.
Wrangler sales are down -13,452 unit YTD and they have only sold 3,000 Gladiators YTD according to that report. so its still a negative 10,000 units

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I've gotta say I hope the sales numbers stay low. Lower demand, lower prices, easier to get an end of model year deal.

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
Bear in mind that the reports and sales figures are only for vehicles that where customers have taken delivery. It doesn't include orders.We know there's a lot of orders.

Also the JL numbers are down, but if they continue at the same rate they will still have well over 200k vehicles sold at the end of the year which is a really good year for Wrangler sales
Sponsored