John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I hope they get you done. I was freezing up and no response from the unit, also not recognizing my device when using usb dash input for apple CarPlay. I have a 7” head unit and an iPhone 10X. In my 21 Rubicon.
Sponsored

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
So I just took it to get gassed up and it’s working fine again. Crazy. . .

Gmac03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys D
Never had a problem with mine, shit the bed a few weeks ago, nothing since. 🥲

I’ll have to take it to the dealership but hopefully they can start getting parts for the HPFP recall to knock that out as well.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
So I just took it to get gassed up and it’s working fine again. Crazy. . .
Hi Dryfly24,

If you still plan to bring your Jeep into service and would like additional support, we're available via PM to assist further.

Steph
Jeep Cares

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
Mine was updated last week. No more problems.
Any info on this update? For example, what to tell the dealers needs done for those with this problem?

Sponsored

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Any info on this update? For example, what to tell the dealers needs done for those with this problem?
I just told them about the freeze and non-responsive screen along with not recognizing my device on CarPlay. They looked it up did the update and I’m good for now. They were great about it.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
If you'd like any further information on the update, our team is happy to assist via PM for you. We can search for any available updates as well.

Steph
Jeep Cares

kad's_Glad

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mojave - Sting Gray
Occupation
Retired
If you'd like any further information on the update, our team is happy to assist via PM for you. We can search for any available updates as well.

Steph
Jeep Cares
Hello @JeepCares. It would be appreciated if you could provide a technical service bulletin number or other reference number for this current fix. Sometimes we have to be "pretty active participants" helping our service writers find current solutions to issues such as this. This may be out of your scope though.

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
Hello @JeepCares. It would be appreciated if you could provide a technical service bulletin number or other reference number for this current fix. Sometimes we have to be "pretty active participants" helping our service writers find current solutions to issues such as this. This may be out of your scope though.
Agreed. When the fix for the steering gear box came out, I had to show up with a copy of the TSB and even highlighted the part that said “if the customer states any of the issues, perform the fix” because I knew the dealer would give me the old “well we will need to take it on a drive and diagnose it”, which they did. Promptly handed him the highlighted TSB and he said ok and scheduled me.

Last edited:

Gmac03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys D
Went today to the dealership, had the radio updated and zilch.

No fix for CarPlay.

They said give it a couple of days and maybe it’ll work. 💁

I’m not holding my breath.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hello Kad's_Glad,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to assist you further.

William
Jeep Cares

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Got an IPhone 14 yesterday and now CarPlay will work for a few minutes when plugged in and then freezes up. Didn’t have the issue yesterday morning with old iPhone? The new phone has been paired, not sure what’s going on?

VolInGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Gladiator Overland
Got an IPhone 14 yesterday and now CarPlay will work for a few minutes when plugged in and then freezes up. Didn’t have the issue yesterday morning with old iPhone? The new phone has been paired, not sure what’s going on?
I haven’t read all 12 pages of this thread, but had the same problem you described. Thought it was the audio system or the phone. Finally replaced the cable and haven’t had a problem since.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I haven’t read all 12 pages of this thread, but had the same problem you described. Thought it was the audio system or the phone. Finally replaced the cable and haven’t had a problem since.
May try replacing the cable, but it’s funny that the cable was working fine yesterday morning with my old iPhone.