2021 Bronco

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
The Broncos are already having issues with overheating with the drivetrain making them go into limp mode, it will be interesting to see how this translates with buyers.
Guessing you mean the Bronco Sport with a different drivetrain than the to be released this summer Bronco? Today is the last day for me to convert my day 1 Bronco reservation. I decided not to with all the issues the Bronco Sport and the 2021 F150 are having. I’ve delayed my JTRD order until the DEF issue is minimized.
Sponsored

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Guessing you mean the Bronco Sport with a different drivetrain than the to be released this summer Bronco? Today is the last day for me to convert my day 1 Bronco reservation. I decided not to with all the issues the Bronco Sport and the 2021 F150 are having. I’ve delayed my JTRD order until the DEF issue is minimized.
Yes, however I also heard that the Big Bronco that has the wet clutch is prone to overheating as well since they used smaller clutches which allows them to slip and "could" lead them to overheating. Not sure how true that is, if it's just rumor mill or if there is actual merit behind it. I'm always skeptical about what I read until I see proof. So I guess only time will tell. I d know one thing, I love my Gladiator!

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Thank. My friend is a GM atba Ford dealer and he said hold till 22 if I remain interested in the Bronco.

Saltymedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport Eco-d
Occupation
Retired Fire-Medic
Brad, the guy on TrailRecon bought a RAM Power Wagon. I think that was a good choice. I'm not a Power Wagon guy, but it opens up a whole new demographic of subscribers. And next year, if he does get a Bronco, that will open up yet another demographic.

Brad also said he looked into getting a V8 Wrangler, but got turned off by the dealers jacking up price 10 and 20K over MSRP. Imagine that.
That TrailRecon guy is just an attention whore douchebag with to much money. Reminds me of a male off-roading Cardashian.

Youtube constantly tries to get me to watch his useless showing off and I keep trying to get youtube to stop recommending his vids. I prefer more helpful build videos over show offs.

Back on subject, Jeep would do well building a Base Rubi, no baby sitting electronics, no leather, no color matched roof, no partial hybriding, Just hard core and much more affordable for the more common, experienced jeeper.

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
The new Broncos look alright. More mainstream looking, even the bigger ones still to be released. Would I own one? Hello yeah the biggrt one, but only if didn't have my JTR or know of them. My JTR is the most enjoyable and useful vehicle I have ever owned. JT's are very unique looking and always turn my head.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
That TrailRecon guy is just an attention whore douchebag with to much money. Reminds me of a male off-roading Cardashian.

Youtube constantly tries to get me to watch his useless showing off and I keep trying to get youtube to stop recommending his vids. I prefer more helpful build videos over show offs.

Back on subject, Jeep would do well building a Base Rubi, no baby sitting electronics, no leather, no color matched roof, no partial hybriding, Just hard core and much more affordable for the more common, experienced jeeper.
Dang dude, why all the hate on Brad, sounds like someone's jealous.

Saltymedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Fire-Medic
Dang dude, why all the hate on Brad, sounds like someone's jealous.
LoL 😆

Ahhh, poor Brad.

Just saying, even though I personally can't stand the Cardasions, it's obviously a very popular show. Just not my cup of tea. . . or my can of brew.

I'm calling how I see it.

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development

You can get a 2 door Rubi in the 30’s with no options, or option the same 2 door Rubi over 60,000 so imho they already do what you are suggesting.

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
You can get a 2 door Rubi in the 30’s with no options, or option the same 2 door Rubi over 60,000 so imho they already do what you are suggesting.
I think what he's saying is do like Ford does where the Sasquatch is a package and not a trim like the Rubicon is. So you can get a "stripped" base 2 door Bronco with the Sasquatch package for $38k (including destination) vs almost $41k for a 2 door Rubi

Saltymedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Fire-Medic
Maybe my explanation was a bit light.

The price of the rubi starts @ $40,615. Upper 30's maybe, but after taxes and fees you're definitely in the $40's, so not really 30's.

Either way Jeep is now charging premiums on items they never charged premiums on before such as half doors. Just a few years ago it was a free swap if ordered, now it's $2500. Another one to mention is the e-tourque, they make you get it if you opt for, the superior, automatic...another premium. It's my opinion they need a no-frills, "Mod me!" low end Jeep with the basic Rubi drive line, a builders dream if you would. Instead of "Hard Rock", call it something like "Hard Core". If they made something like that in the low 30's I bet they couldn't keep one on a lot. Oh, and no carpet!

Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I think what he's saying is do like Ford does where the Sasquatch is a package and not a trim like the Rubicon is. So you can get a "stripped" base 2 door Bronco with the Sasquatch package for $38k (including destination) vs almost $41k for a 2 door Rubi
Ford is chasing FCA, not the other way around.

FCA doesn't need to do anything Ford does, they are killing it. The people demanding a bargain level Rubicon or a 2 door Gladiator wouldn't and/or couldn't buy one if they made one.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee

If you simply don't like the channel, I get that. But your assessment of Brad is way off base. He's a retired Hospital Corpsman Master Chief and that's certainly not a description of a Delta Bravo. He started shooting amateur videos with his son when they went wheeling on the weekends. Then he made the channel a full-time endeavor. So, yeah, he has to do things that bring in revenue. But all indications are he's a cool dude.

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer

FCA doesn't need to do anything Ford does, they are killing it. The people demanding a bargain level Rubicon or a 2 door Gladiator wouldn't and/or couldn't buy one if they made one.
Ford may be chasing them for this year, but once the Bronco is on the lot FCA will have to up the ante for the next year. The Bronco certainly has options that Jeep doesn’t offer and could sway buyers. Especially when the majority of wrangler/Gladiator owners are not enthusiasts.

TIKIBROMAN

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 2019 Lexus ES300H

Dude, its Stellantis...or Atlantis, or Mcmanus...Damn. I will stick with FCA haha

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I'm a dyed in wool Ford guy, I bought a Gladiator. I had enough of Eco-Booms. A nightmare when towing.
Sponsored