2021 Bronco

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Ford may be chasing them for this year, but once the Bronco is on the lot FCA will have to up the ante for the next year. The Bronco certainly has options that Jeep doesn’t offer and could sway buyers. Especially when the majority of wrangler/Gladiator owners are not enthusiasts.
Well I can only speak for myself, and will not make ridiculous projections, but Bronco specifically and Ford as a whole offers nothing that I want.

Ford has not produced even one single Bronco for retail sale, there is nothing but promotion and hype at this point.

FCA has been delivering the vehicles that people want to buy and there is no valid argument for chasing vaporware based on some feelings.
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Maybe my explanation was a bit light.

The price of the rubi starts @ $40,615. Upper 30's maybe, but after taxes and fees you're definitely in the $40's, so not really 30's.

Either way Jeep is now charging premiums on items they never charged premiums on before such as half doors. Just a few years ago it was a free swap if ordered, now it's $2500. Another one to mention is the e-tourque, they make you get it if you opt for, the superior, automatic...another premium. It's my opinion they need a no-frills, "Mod me!" low end Jeep with the basic Rubi drive line, a builders dream if you would. Instead of "Hard Rock", call it something like "Hard Core". If they made something like that in the low 30's I bet they couldn't keep one on a lot. Oh, and no carpet!
You have a point here. I got a super stripped down rubicon, but do feel like there are other things that it has that are not needed like the heated mirrors, customish seats and a ton of other accent things to let everybody know I have a rubicon, lol. With the exception of the cool looking hood I could have done without all of those.

It was total BS when they were forcing rubicon builds to get prox sensors and all the saftey crap. I won't even go into the stupidity that is most of the ones on the lot....

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Just get a basement level JT Sport and a $50 Rubicon Hood Decal.......
by the time you finish modding that beast, no one will ever know!!! ;)

Whiteknight

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon,2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition White
Occupation
Sales CDJR
The new Broncos look alright. More mainstream looking, even the bigger ones still to be released. Would I own one? Hello yeah the biggrt one, but only if didn't have my JTR or know of them. My JTR is the most enjoyable and useful vehicle I have ever owned. JT's are very unique looking and always turn my head.
Bronco sport is the smaller one. Bronco is the larger one. Ford wants to seperate it's brands by calling them a Bronco, Bronco sport and the Bronco,Bronco. Not the Ford Bronco. like Ram seperated from Dodge. Sell them both, not trying to be a wise en hinner:) Viva Jeep!

Sponsored

Whiteknight

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon,2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition White
Occupation
Sales CDJR
Call me devil's advocate. Ford is supposed to release the 2021 Bronco on July 13th with their turbo 2.7 liter, 7 speed manual, removable top/doors etc.

https://www.bronco6g.com

Obviously it's aimed right at competing with Jeep

Thoughts?
The dealer where I work will only get Four, count them 4. A small dealer yes. Next run maybe 2022, if you are lucky to be picked. As the reserrvation, I helped my customer make said ; you have a reservation for an order, which will not gaurentee an order for one. Your deposit is refundable. Even before all the shortages, it was clear you may not see one even if you paid for your reservation. God speed to the Bronco Bronco orders. Yes that is the correct make and model.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I cancelled a day one order. At the end of the day I realized I wanted a truck more than a SUV. The Bronco competes with the Wrangler as it has no bed, tow rating of 3500 lbs, and a low payload. At least the Defender has good tow and payload numbers.

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Bronco sport is the smaller one. Bronco is the larger one. Ford wants to seperate it's brands by calling them a Bronco, Bronco sport and the Bronco,Bronco. Not the Ford Bronco. like Ram seperated from Dodge. Sell them both, not trying to be a wise en hinner:) Viva Jeep!
I tried clarifying a Bronco Sport post on bookface only to get back “It’s a Bronco cuz it says Bronco on it!” 🤦🏻‍♂️

A Gladiator Sport is the same vehicle as a Gladiator Overland, but a “Bronco Sport” is not the same vehicle as a “Bronco”. I was then called an idiot. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ford has some screwy marketing going on, but hasn’t really affected the hype from what little I can see, apart from someone seeing the Sport and thinking “oh, that’s not what I was expecting”. Not gonna lie though, I’m looking forward to seeing them on the road and off. Nice to see something fresh and some competition to a segment that hasn’t seen much in awhile. I even said the same thing when the midsize truck market got heated again and took on the Tacoma.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Watched the electro jeep video the guy did. its a manual transmission!

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
No duh. I call the one out now the little one. The bigger one due out later, I call bigger one. I don't need to go into like the sasquach edition or bison and stuff.

Sponsored

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
I think they really screwed the pooch with releasing the Sport first. A lot of people are seeing them and are pretty vocal on how they don't like the Bronco, it looks nothing like the ones on the internet etc.

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BL & Rubi Recon, 99 Miata
That TrailRecon guy is just an attention whore douchebag with to much money. Reminds me of a male off-roading Cardashian.

Youtube constantly tries to get me to watch his useless showing off and I keep trying to get youtube to stop recommending his vids.
Not sure where or why the hate for Brad is coming from but it’s sorely misdirected. I’ve known him nearly 30 years. He was my very first Leading Petty Officer, a real “Salty” U.S. Navy Corpsman Desert Storm vet. He made an impression on this young Hospital Recruit. If you don’t know what a Navy Hospital Corpsman is, they are military medics.

It’s ironic to me somebody with an account called Saltymedic would hate a true Salty Medic. A retired, Master Chief Petty Officer, who served in every theater over the last 30 years, saving lives while risking his own. He was also an instructor, military community manager and a true leader.

I offered him a job four years ago when he retired. I would do anything to have that guy on my team. He took another job, same command. He did really well. But then his family started shooting amateur videos of their jeeping. And people liked it enough for him to leave his job and follow his passion, and have fun making money, Jeeping.

Everything he has cost him to get it, and is well earned. Not quite Khardasian.

He’s a good dude, with good family.

Last edited:

MNWillys

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
Government
The new Bronco is not a truck. I debated getting one, but there's only one Bronco. Seriously contemplated building one, but after talking with my cousin who is already $40k into his 66 resto , figured it was time for a truck. My classic 71' was a rust bucket and every Ford I've ever had was a flipping rattle trap and full of let downs. On the other hand my 97' TJ never left me on the side of the road. I'm satisfied with what I got, no more no less.

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Not sure where or why the hate for Brad is coming from but it’s sorely misdirected. I’ve known him nearly 30 years. He was my very first Leading Petty Officer, a real “Salty” U.S. Navy Corpsman Desert Storm vet. He made an impression on this young Hospital Recruit. If you don’t know what a Navy Hospital Corpsman is, they are military medics.

It’s ironic to me somebody with an account called Saltymedic would hate a true Salty Medic. A retired, Master Chief Petty Officer, who served in every theater over the last 30 years, saving lives while risking his own. He was also an instructor, military community manager and a true leader.

I offered him a job four years ago when he retired. I would do anything to have that guy on my team. He took another job, same command. He did really well. But then his family started shooting amateur videos of their jeeping. And people liked it enough for him to leave his job and follow his passion, and have fun making money, Jeeping.

Everything he has cost him to get it, and is well earned. Not quite Khardasian.

He’s a good dude, with good family.
I have watched a number of his videos and he seems like a great dude, and a solid as a rock family man as well. I have literally not seen a single thing in any way offensive in his videos, but I’ve learned a great deal of useful information about everything from mods to wheeling to cooking on the trail, all in an entertaining format. What’s not to like?