First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
I dont think Jeep will have much trouble from the Bronco. For many reasons but mostly because the Bronco launch has been an EPIC shit show. I wanted a new Bronco since that silver concept came out years ago, but the actual product has been disappointing to me in the extreme, and it’s almost comical the delays, the screw-ups, and some of the aftermarket and in house mods are just bad. Have you seen the fiasco that is the front bumper hoop?! I mean something as simple as that and the end product looks like it was made by a very challenged high school shop class with limited funds. Im no FCA fanboy, but Ford‘s quality has slipped in the last couple of decades, and their dealership network is the king of ADM. The Bronco is a short speed bump at most for Jeep. Watch and see.
Sponsored

OH-jeep

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator
Occupation
Utilities
I’m in the same boat, canceled my bronco order after I drove the gladiator. I needed a truck.
I cancelled a day one order. At the end of the day I realized I wanted a truck more than a SUV. The Bronco competes with the Wrangler as it has no bed, tow rating of 3500 lbs, and a low payload. At least the Defender has good tow and payload numbers.

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
I tried clarifying a Bronco Sport post on bookface only to get back “It’s a Bronco cuz it says Bronco on it!” 🤦🏻‍♂️

Ford has some screwy marketing going on, but hasn’t really affected the hype from what little I can see, apart from someone seeing the Sport and thinking “oh, that’s not what I was expecting”.
Tell us about it! I saw a new Mustang today! It was SUV looking! "Weird" I thought to my self. Why not have an original name for it?

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Tell us about it! I saw a new Mustang today! It was SUV looking! "Weird" I thought to my self. Why not have an original name for it?
Because Ford has seen the success FCA has had by segregating product lines into sub-brands (Ram,Jeep, SRT,etc.) and is attempting to mimic that marketing policy in much the same way they are attempting to mimic Jeep with the Bronco.

Ford is just sad. Releasing the micro Bronco prior to the proper Bronco is a massive mistake. Failing to put a V8 in the Bronco is a more massive mistake. Giving people a vaporware boner that lasts more than 12 months is a massive mistake.

FCA will beat them to market with the 392 Wrangler and steal even more of their thunder. If they roll out a bunch of new Broncos with the famous Ford self digesting cam phasers so common in their engines in the last decade they will fail miserably.

Sponsored

Tokolosh

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q7, 2014 Ford Fusion, 2015 Chrysler T&C
Occupation
Director in Automotive Industry
I dont think Jeep will have much trouble from the Bronco. For many reasons but mostly because the Bronco launch has been an EPIC shit show. I wanted a new Bronco since that silver concept came out years ago, but the actual product has been disappointing to me in the extreme, and it’s almost comical the delays, the screw-ups, and some of the aftermarket and in house mods are just bad. Have you seen the fiasco that is the front bumper hoop?! I mean something as simple as that and the end product looks like it was made by a very challenged high school shop class with limited funds. Im no FCA fanboy, but Ford‘s quality has slipped in the last couple of decades, and their dealership network is the king of ADM. The Bronco is a short speed bump at most for Jeep. Watch and see.
I am getting a Gladiator for me... easy decision. But if Ford can actually get a product to the market I will be tempted when it is time to get a car for my kids to drive next year. As of now I plan to get them a 2 door Wrangler, relatively base. But if the 2-door Bronco is available with the Sasquatch that is a big temptation given the marketing story they've put out so far.

But since they can't deliver yet because of all of the supply chain issues I think the decision will be made for me. A driveway full of Jeeps. ;)

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Because Ford has seen the success FCA has had by segregating product lines into sub-brands (Ram,Jeep, SRT,etc.) and is attempting to mimic that marketing policy in much the same way they are attempting to mimic Jeep with the Bronco.

Ford is just sad. Releasing the micro Bronco prior to the proper Bronco is a massive mistake. Failing to put a V8 in the Bronco is a more massive mistake. Giving people a vaporware boner that lasts more than 12 months is a massive mistake.

FCA will beat them to market with the 392 Wrangler and steal even more of their thunder. If they roll out a bunch of new Broncos with the famous Ford self digesting cam phasers so common in their engines in the last decade they will fail miserably.
392 is already delivered. I've saw 2 of them riding around in my area.

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape, 2008 VW GTI
Until they put a bed on it, is it even worth discussing here? I refuse to compare it to the Gladiator because the Gladiator at face value demonstrates a form that they can't match yet. I realize yadda yadda, new Ranger will be a Bronco w/ a bed, whatever, 100% vaporware in 2021.

Now, compared to a Wrangler? GTFO. I've owned Mustangs, Explorers, hell even a Fiesta ST, any kind of Ford you can think of, it probably had my name on the title at some point. I'd still take the Wrangler over the Bronco hands down because brand loyalty only goes so far.

I'm having this discussion on another Wrangler forum already. The Jeep Wrangler is America personified. It transcends political party, everything. We all know it as rugged, American freedom. Even the tree hugging Prius guy would proudly sport a gas guzzling Jeep. The Wrangler exists because the American public willed it into existence. The WWII truck that could do anything, wtf, how could we not demand it. Didn't make a difference how badly they screwed up with business decisions, the market still demanded the product. Can't say the same for the Hummer.

Just as much as the American public wills the Wrangler to exist, the Wrangler faithful will the aftermarket into existence. The Bronco maybe has the potential to some day in the far off future have a fraction of the available after market options that the Wrangler has and customizing a Wrangler for your own personal adventures is kind of what it's all about.

Now, how can a self-proclaimed Ford guy say this? Because the decision to kill the Bronco was made in a boardroom with no soul and the decision to revive it was made in a boardroom with no soul. We don't give a shit about this heritage, bottom line as we see it in this second, for share holders. Now I'm supposed to care again? Sorry but this vehicle has 5 years of shakedown time before I put that kind of investment into it.

If the Wrangler didn't exist the Bronco would be amazeballs. But the Wrangler exists.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Is it just me or is it sasquatch level deliciousness listening to these Ford guys .... :like::rock::clap::LOL::CWL:

Sponsored

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape, 2008 VW GTI
Is it just me or is it sasquatch level deliciousness listening to these Ford guys .... :like::rock::clap::LOL::CWL:
I mean, that doesn't mean I wouldn't be poopin my pants a little if I was Fiat/Chrysler.

Just cause one person who has always adored the Jeep brand has these feelings doesn't mean most people will. It's still a nifty new fun car, the Bronco has a cool factor just because it's new and is making a pretty valid attempt at something in the segment.

Look, I hope it does well, a car with roll up windows should be able to find a cheaper starting price tag even with its out of the box capabilities, perhaps the Bronco will rear Jeep into it.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I mean, that doesn't mean I wouldn't be poopin my pants a little if I was Fiat/Chrysler.

Just cause one person who has always adored the Jeep brand has these feelings doesn't mean most people will. It's still a nifty new fun car, the Bronco has a cool factor just because it's new and is making a pretty valid attempt at something in the segment.

Look, I hope it does well, a car with roll up windows should be able to find a cheaper starting price tag even with its out of the box capabilities, perhaps the Bronco will rear Jeep into it.
Ya true. Still, its a bronc. Same stuff different year. Bronco will outsell the Gladiator largely; it will under perform the wrangler off road and outperform it on highways; jeep people and Ford people gonna battle like aways and love ever minute of the compare-o. And, honest Ford guys get bonus points. I just love reading about it from Ford guys.

MoparDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR manual /2023 ZLE manual /2018 Demon #1399