Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GC
Occupation
Sales
When should they hit the lots?
A nationwide search on Cars.com does show some dealers with 2021 Gladiators in Stock. Many are listed as "in transit" with a stock photo....but there were a few with actual pictures.

Which is good news, as I am trying to hold out for a '21.

Klrstrawberry

First Name
Katherine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator overland
Is anyone for sure that gecko is going to be a color? I read the FCA media release just now and Gecko is definitely not on there, was it before??

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Jeep Gladiator Official Specs & Info. Sarge, Nacho & Gecko Colors Added A75DE4F8-EBCF-4132-86B3-4383D343A8A3

Sponsored

pacificoflyr

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
A nationwide search on Cars.com does show some dealers with 2021 Gladiators in Stock. Many are listed as "in transit" with a stock photo....but there were a few with actual pictures.

Which is good news, as I am trying to hold out for a '21.
Thanks! I'll take a look. My 2020 is most likely totaled so I am going to hold off for the 2021.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Thanks! I'll take a look. My 2020 is most likely totaled so I am going to hold off for the 2021.
When the 2021 built was up and running on Jeep.com, it said that there were 8 2021 Gladiators in the Phoenix area but I could not find one looking at dealers inventory. Doesn't matter, I need to special order, my build will have everything but the adaptive cruise control, active safety group, smokers group and the dual top option (getting the hard top)

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Fishtales

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 7.3 Diesel
Is it possible to Get the Max Tow as well as the Selec-Trac Fulll Time 4wd system?
I am being told no.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Is it possible to Get the Max Tow as well as the Selec-Trac Fulll Time 4wd system?
I am being told no.
Its hard to say now that the took down the 2021 Build and Price on the website and is now again showing only 2020 models. When I built my Rubicon there was only a towing option which included some of the 2020 Max Tow options and the ones it didn't were already standard on the Rubicon. It was available with the full time system unless you chose the diesel motor.

Sponsored

Utahcamera

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 4M
Occupation
CEO
2021 Jeep® Gladiator Fact Sheet
Auburn Hills, Mich. September 1, 2020 - The 2021 Jeep® Gladiator, engineered from the ground up to be the most off-road capable Jeep truck ever, builds on a rich heritage of tough, dependable trucks with an unmatched combination of rugged utility, authentic Jeep design, open-air freedom, clever functionality and versatility. Powertrain options include a 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 with engine stop-start (ESS) and, new for 2021, the 3.0-liter EcoDiesel engine with ESS. Equipped with a versatile box, a body-on-frame design, front and rear five-link suspension system, solid axles and electronic lockers, Gladiator is one of the few midsize trucks to offer a six-speed manual transmission in addition to its available eight-speed automatic.

Gladiator is built to handle the demands of an active lifestyle while delivering an open-air driving experience in a design that is unmistakably Jeep. A multitude of technology features, such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and safety features, such as Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection, adaptive cruise control and Forward Collision Warning-Plus, further Gladiator’s appeal. Combining traditional Jeep attributes with strong truck credentials, the Jeep Gladiator is a unique vehicle capable of taking passengers and cargo anywhere.

New for 2021:
  • Diesel power will be offered across the Gladiator lineup with a 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 with ESS
  • Gladiator 80th Anniversary Edition and Willys models join the lineup:
    • Gladiator 80th Anniversary Edition features 18-inch wheels with Granite Crystal finish, Neutral Grey Metallic exterior accents, 8.4-inch touchscreen, berber floor mats and commemorative exterior badging
    • Gladiator Willys features a limited-slip rear differential, rock rails and aggressive 32-inch Mud-Terrain tires
  • Full-time four-wheel drive is now available on all Gladiator models:
    • On Sport, Overland and Mojave models, the Selec-Trac two-speed transfer case with full-time four-wheel drive delivers a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio
    • On Rubicon, the Rock-Trac full-time two-speed transfer case provides a 4:1 low-range gear ratio
  • Gladiator Overland models now offer a TrailCam forward-facing off-road camera that can be accessed through the available Off-road Pages
  • Gladiator Sport now offers LED headlamps and fog lamps as optional equipment
Highlights:
  • Jeep Gladiator’s 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine with ESS delivers 285 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque and is engineered to provide a broad torque band. A six-speed manual transmission is standard and a TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission is optional
  • Gladiator will offer the 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 engine, rated at 260 horsepower and 442 lb.-ft. of torque, with ESS
  • To handle greater torque loads, the EcoDiesel V-6 connects to a TorqueFlite 8HP75 eight-speed automatic transmission, calibrated for low rpm shifts
  • Gladiator models, equipped with the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine, feature up to 1,700 pounds of payload and up to 7,650 pounds of towing capacity with the available Max Towing Package
  • Jeep Gladiator Mojave models represent the ultimate in high-speed off-road capability and performance in sand environments and is the first to earn the brand’s newly minted Desert Rated badge. Mojave is equipped with high-performance FOX 2.5-inch internal bypass shocks with reservoirs and industry-first FOX front hydraulic jounce bumpers to maximize handling in addition to a rear locking differential and 33-inch tires
  • Approach angle of 43.6 degrees, breakover angle of 20.3 degrees, departure angle of 26 degrees and ground clearance of 11.1 inches. Up to 30 inches of water fording capability
  • Gladiator models feature lightweight, high-strength aluminum doors, hinges, hood, fenders, windshield frame and tailgate to help reduce weight and boost fuel economy
  • The capable driveline of the Sport and Overland models include the Command-Trac NV241 part-time, two-speed transfer case, which features a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio. In addition, an optional Trac-Lok limited-slip rear differential provides extra torque and grip in low-traction environments, such as sand, mud or snow
  • The Gladiator Rubicon model features the Rock-Trac NV241OR two-speed transfer case with a 4.0:1 low-range gear ratio. Gladiator Rubicon also includes electric front and rear locking differentials, a disconnecting front sway bar, off-road winch-capable bumpers with removable end caps and 33-inch tires, taking the Gladiator to the highest level of capability
  • Gladiator offers a Selec-Trac two-speed transfer case with full-time four-wheel drive and a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio across the lineup. This full-time two-speed transfer case is intuitive and allows the driver to set it and forget it, while constantly sending power to the front and rear wheels
  • Jeep Gladiator features include iconic round headlamps, seven-slot keystone grille, trapezoid wheel flares, removable doors, exposed hinges with the Torx tool-bit size stamped into it, a fold-down windshield and innovative removable tops
  • Fourth-generation Uconnect system includes Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and the choice of a 7.0- or 8.4-inch touchscreen with pinch-and-zoom capability. A 5.0-inch screen is standard on Sport
  • Standard electronic stability control (ESC), electronic roll mitigation, trailer-sway control, Hill-start Assist and brake traction control are among more than 80 available safety and security features

Model Lineup

For 2021, the Gladiator lineup consists of five models:
  • Sport
  • Sport S
  • Overland
  • Mojave
  • Rubicon
Available Exterior Colors:
  • Bright White
  • Granite Crystal
  • Billet Silver
  • Black
  • Firecracker Red
  • Sting Gray
  • Hydro Blue
  • Sarge
  • Snazzberry
  • Nacho
  • Gecko
Available Interior Colors:
  • Black
  • Heritage Tan
  • Steel Gray
Is there any place online where you can see the 2021 colors?

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Is there any place online where you can see the 2021 colors?
No, not any more. Jeep.com had the 2021 build and price up and running for a few days only and then took it down and put the 2020 build and price back up. How stupid can their marketing people be? You can't order a 2020 anymore, haven't been able to for a long time. Anyway when the 2021 build and price was up the only colors were white, black, greys and silvers. Nothing else.

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
Does anyone know if the Full Time 4wd option still retains the Front Axle Disconnect (FAD)?

Seems like the FAD would be at odds with a full-time 4wd setup, but it would also seem to be expensive to create and inventory a completely different front axle assembly (with different RH axle shafts), for a FT 4wd option. Might be cheaper just to physically lock/bolt the FAD actuator in the 'engaged' position and call it a day.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Does anyone know if the Full Time 4wd option still retains the Front Axle Disconnect (FAD)?

Seems like the FAD would be at odds with a full-time 4wd setup, but it would also seem to be expensive to create and inventory a completely different front axle assembly (with different RH axle shafts), for a FT 4wd option. Might be cheaper just to physically lock/bolt the FAD actuator in the 'engaged' position and call it a day.
Pretty sure the same front axle system is used. I put one of these in my ZJ Grand Cherokee out of an XJ Cherokee. They used this option on the ZJ for two years with the 4.0L six, I mated it to my V8 with no issues and both axles were D35s at the time. The only difference might be the front driveshaft
Sponsored