First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
When did rotella t6 drop its ash and stop creating dpf issues? (Earlier post sounded excited to use it…)

I would stick with an low ash/MS-12991 oil rather than trying to save a few bucks.
Usually dpf issues don’t start showing their face until 80-100k miles…. And the warranty is up at the 100k mark. Rolling the dice if you are trying to stay compliant.

One more reason to delete it, and the EGR….

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
When did rotella t6 drop its ash and stop creating dpf issues? (Earlier post sounded excited to use it…)

I would stick with an low ash/MS-12991 oil rather than trying to save a few bucks.
Usually dpf issues don’t start showing their face until 80-100k miles…. And the warranty is up at the 100k mark. Rolling the dice if you are trying to stay compliant.

Some of us live in states that don't like us to modify our own vehicles :(

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Some of us live in states that don't like us to modify our own vehicles :(
Understood.
definitely abide by the oil requirements to aid in the life of the emissions equipment. 🍺

Sponsored

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
At one point, it was on sale for just $15 for a jug. I've used this oil since new. Skipped all Jeep wave free oil changes, caused i like my engine bay free of oil spills :)
yeah, no shite, my first wave change i didnt notice until i got home that there was oil all over the frame, wiring and suspension on the drivers side (diesel engine), man I was pissed. I have done my own maint. for 40 yrs and would never have left something like that....dumb ass dealers

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
yeah, no shite, my first wave change i didnt notice until i got home that there was oil all over the frame, wiring and suspension on the drivers side (diesel engine), man I was pissed. I have done my own maint. for 40 yrs and would never have left something like that....dumb ass dealers
I had some other issues so I made an appointment and said screw it and let them change the oil since it was free. I was amazed they didn't make a mess, but they did put it in 11 quarts of T6.

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
I had some other issues so I made an appointment and said screw it and let them change the oil since it was free. I was amazed they didn't make a mess, but they did put it in 11 quarts of T6.
Maybe they didn't changed it, but added 2 additional qt instead lol

BigG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Papermaker
Had them do mine a couple weeks ago. They put t6 in and made a mess.

BigG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Papermaker
Emailed them on the jeep app, here is what I got back.

Hello Gary,
Thank you for contacting Jeep Customer Care! I can understand wanting to confirm the information with us directly. I would be happy to look into this with you and certainly provide what is recommend directly from Jeep.

I am showing what is recommend would be. For best performance and maximum protection under all types of operating conditions, the manufacturer recommends engine oils that meet the requirements of the manufacturer Material Standard MS-12991, and that are API SN certified and meet the requirements of the manufacturer

Looking into this further I am showing We recommend you use SAE 5W-40 API Certified Synthetic Engine Oil, meeting the requirements of FCA Material Standard MS-12991 such as Mopar, Pennzoil, and Shell Helix. Refer to your engine oil filler cap for correct SAE grade.

The last option would be Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 diesel engine oil is a full synthetic motor oil that features exclusive Triple Protection Plus technology, formulated with fully synthetic base oils plus advanced additives to protect against wear, deposits, and oil breakdown.

These would be the list of options that can be used with the make and model. If you have any further question certainly I would recommend chatting in directly on the brand site or emailing in again.

Should this matter be urgent, or if you desire a quicker response, please contact us by phone to discuss your issue with one of our Jeep Advisors.

Jeep Brand: 877-426-5337

For any future communication related to this email, please refer to reference number 83912796

Sincerely,
Emily
The Jeep Brand

ref:_00Dj01qsDF._5003Z1SeNjO:ref

Sponsored

KW80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd, 2021 JT Sport S Diesel
Both Jeep Wave oil changes I’ve had done the dealer made a mess, although less so the second time after I mentioned it. Both times removal of the filter assembly seems to be the culprit. Not sure if it is only a workmanship issue, maybe also design, but either way still frustrating

D9C7C364-1E63-4024-B0F9-1F928E13DA95.jpeg

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped

DPF warranty is up at 12k for emission components.

:\

BigG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Papermaker
I did the first oil change myself and didn’t make a mess, but if I did I would at least clean it up. Instead I wiped it off my garage floor.
Both Jeep Wave oil changes I’ve had done the dealer made a mess, although less so the second time after I mentioned it. Both times removal of the filter assembly seems to be the culprit. Not sure if it is only a workmanship issue, maybe also design, but either way still frustrating

D9C7C364-1E63-4024-B0F9-1F928E13DA95.jpeg
Sponsored